SAU Community

Show Us Your Non-Stagea

pipster11

yeam mine has the hectic black guards, and a ful sik HKS exhaust which seems to neither add power nor change the noise, just looks different.

Yours has been lowered a fair bit too I think, looks good.

Hahaha. I don't think the Impul supercharger even adds power to these things.

Yep mine has Cusco coilovers. Looks slammed but it actually has a lot of clearance.

I will be racing in the Vic HQ series, so mainly Sandown, Phillip Island and Winton.

I've only done a few track days in my MR2 so its going a lot different to that.

I should be doing the OLT on the 20th July and racing the 21st 22nd at Sandown

Ive got a '94 Cherokee XJ thats been seeing a bit of mud over the last couple of years. Just got my first Stagea to replace it for going up the snow and weekend driving duty.

1qBrU.jpg

Blew the gearbox in it about a month ago and havnt used it since. Just got sick of having to put so much money into it and only use it 4 or 5 times a year.

Toyota-GT86-w2.jpg

Put down my $1k deposit this week & have to waiit till end of September for delivery. I've been driving my Stag as a work car for a while now but she's more of a cruiser, this will be a hell of a lot cheaper on fuel :) Stag is off the road & will come back with 500+hp upgrade (been buying bits for the last 6 months).

Edited by RB BLUEY

Toyota-GT86-w2.jpg

Put down my $1k deposit this week & have to waiit till end of September for delivery. I've been driving my Stag as a work car for a while now but she's more of a cruiser, this will be a hell of a lot cheaper on fuel :) Stag is off the road & will come back with 500+hp upgrade (been buying bits for the last 6 months).

nice, i like your thinking. use the small sporty hatch at the cheap work runabout. and the Volvo wagon for cruising and big HP :woot: .

Great minds think alike: that's exactly what I did! My 86 is due in December.

Just deciding whether to fit the turbo motor to my little Suzuki GTi in the meantime, or sell it separately ;)

Yea te 86 is awesome! I work at Toyota and fell in love when I first saw it. Drove one the other day and the grip from te stock Prius tyres are amazing!

First mod is to get rid of the terrible Rodney Jane wheels!

Picked this up today, 2012 Ninja 250R

post-61032-0-87509800-1341473374_thumb.jpg

Noice! With a pipe they actually don't sound too bad.

Your first bike?

Noice! With a pipe they actually don't sound too bad.

Your first bike?

Yeah, its got a nice big yellow L plate on the back haha. Will probably do some mods on it over time, because I will have nearly 2 years until im on an unrestricted license. Gotta let the bank account recover first though

Yeah, its got a nice big yellow L plate on the back haha. Will probably do some mods on it over time, because I will have nearly 2 years until im on an unrestricted license. Gotta let the bank account recover first though

That's cool man, gotta start somewhere! :thumbsup:

Stay safe; ride like everyone is out to kill you, mostly because they are. If you're ever down the mountains on the beast; hit me up, I don't need an excuse to ride. :whistling:

Picked this up today, 2012 Ninja 250R

post-61032-0-87509800-1341473374_thumb.jpg

Congrats mate! Bet that's a bit chilly round Bathurst in winter.

Have they gone to injection on them yet? I rode one in Thailand that was injected, was a good thing.

That's cool man, gotta start somewhere! :thumbsup:

Stay safe; ride like everyone is out to kill you, mostly because they are. If you're ever down the mountains on the beast; hit me up, I don't need an excuse to ride. :whistling:

Yeah will do mate. Will be a while before i take it too far out of town though, I've seen too many people nearly running up the back of L plate drivers / riders on the GWH

Congrats mate! Bet that's a bit chilly round Bathurst in winter.

Have they gone to injection on them yet? I rode one in Thailand that was injected, was a good thing.

Cheers man, yeah its not the warmest time for it lol. Mine is carbie, from what i have read USA and Australia still only get carb models, and in europe they can get injected ones. No idea why they haven't brought out the injected models over here, because its one of the most popular learner bikes you can get

Cheers man, yeah its not the warmest time for it lol. Mine is carbie, from what i have read USA and Australia still only get carb models, and in europe they can get injected ones. No idea why they haven't brought out the injected models over here, because its one of the most popular learner bikes you can get

Might be a emissions thing, us and aust are more lax than eu and other markets. Just a guess.

On another note, congrats to the new FT86 owners. As much as I thought i got over it, and don't want to like it, I keep seeing the ad with tsuchiya san and giggle.

Hope a gt depreciates a bit over the next few years and maybe I'll get into one as a daily

I'm thinking the same thoughts about the 86, too! I loved the original AE86 (or, more specifically, the AE85 we got here in Australia) since the day they were released, and would love to own the new one, but probably not in that orange and definitely not the blue ('cos it's a Subaru colour). Might look for one second-hand in a year or so, see how much they've depreciated, and then weigh up that against buying new (if I can afford to).

I still think the original AE86 is a pretty timeless design, but the interior is a massive give-away to its age.

My 86 is actually in Dark Grey Metallic GTS with Aero pack... looks soooooooo dam sexy.

I think alot of people will opt for the orangeish colour, the pictures you see on the net don't give the colour justice. I took the demo for a test drift & the salesman's fingernails are still stuck in the dash :w00t:

If you can drift a fat auto Stagea then you will have a ball with the 86! :rofl2: