SAU Community

Sau-Sa Track Day #4

SAU-SA Exec

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone willing to lend me a helmet and extinguisher? :)

You can borrow mine if you wish, don't think I can afford to take the R33 out this time :(...unless I can jump out there later in the day.

If anybody needs swaybars for track day look here, I'm getting mine here from Dale

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/376917-whiteline-sway-bar-group-buy-r32-r33-r34-gtr-and-2wd/page__gopid__6011208

I just got mine for around the same money locally for CarTorque here in Adelaide. I also didn't have to worry about shipping costs that the group buy would have too .. Try dropping them an email?

Where on earth did you get a helmet for $99??

All you NEED is an Australian Standards helmet. Which is a motorbike helmet, and you can go to any bike shop.

Autosport are doing open face helmets for $99, and that will be fine for most people.

You spend the extra money on an FIA approved helmet and itll be lighter, and probably more comfortable, but if youre only doing a couple of track days a year an AS helmet will be fine.

Another noob question, where do I sent my payment off to?

Thanks

Copy and Pasted form the last SAUSA track day:

Payment details

-----------------------

Name: Skylines Australia - SA Chapter

BSB: 105 192

ACC: 028 822 340

As usual, please include a payment reference, eg, your username!

Please forward your payment confirmation details through to RubyRS4 and let him know your payment has been made for the SAUSA Track Day. Ruby can then mark you as paid once your payment appears. Please title the subject of your message "Track Day payment - (insert your username)"

sorry to those that have already bought a full face but keep in mind, there's nothing worse than a full face in a hot car and secondly, peripheral vision is considerably better with an open face.

You can get a good Aussie STD matt black open face at either Peter Stevens, Hyperformance Cycles or Pro Street Cycles for between $50 & $60.

Extreme example, but one I always remember... what happens when you wear an open face helmet...

Colin McRae will discover today if he can resume his World Rally Championship quest following his horrific accident on the Tour of Corsica.

The 32-year-old Scot will have a check-up at Edinburgh's Murrayfield Hospital following a three-hour operation to have a plate inserted in his fractured cheekbone.

McRae suffered a double fracture of the cheekbone and a bruised lung after crashing out at about 80mph on the second day of the rally in Corsica last month.

The car finally came to rest upside down at the bottom of a six-metre embankment after hitting a tree. McRae's Welsh co-driver Nicky Grist walked away unhurt.

Bar my first rally, when I had to borrow a helmet, I've always worn full face, and never had an issue with it being too hot.

you're inside a car!!!!..........soft :P

Yet we're not complaining about being too hot... now who's soft? :nyaanyaa: