SAU Community

Dodgy Roadworthy?

Shannond

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard you can have adjustable suspension aslong as it can't be adjusted below 100mm at the lowest point, so you can put a couple of tack welds on the thread on the coilies to stop the rings being able to be adjusted below that point.

That being said I doubt you would wanna do that to your coilovers.

How are they gonna know if it's below 100mm at the lowest point? They aren't gonna pull off your wheels and adjust it with some forks to find out...

I passed in RWC with coilovers, they aren't illegal, having your car lower than the legal limit is.

How are they gonna know if it's below 100mm at the lowest point? They aren't gonna pull off your wheels and adjust it with some forks to find out...

I passed in RWC with coilovers, they aren't illegal, having your car lower than the legal limit is.

where abouts did you get it done if you dont mind me askng? might try out that place

and since when are coilovers illegal modifications? arnt they ment to be better for your car
Apparently, you're not aloud to adjust the ride height.
Fk the coilovers one is a pain in the ass
Pretty sure coils are a no no I passed with coils in having said that

Last time i got dicked was for being too low, spoke to the guy whilst he did the rwc and asked him about adjustable coil overs and how much suspension travel is legal, was told it does not matter if there adjustable and the only rule for travel was that there needs to be some lol, mine is pretty stiff and he had no issues with it, unfortunately he does not do rwc's much any more he just does import compliancing.

And as everyone else stated, getting a dodgey is extremely hard these days, gotta know someone, and if some one does know someone there not passing it onto a random on a forum.

Edited by W0rp3D

umm since when are coilovers illegal? Considering that 'coilovers' is just a fancy name for spring and shock absorbers, sounds a lot like hearsay to me unless someone can prove otherwise.

No mention of coilovers in this document, just keep it at the legal height and you will be fine.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/CC48FC10-4D57-4F04-82E1-3BD72EF88340/0/VSI8.pdf

this is from someone who does rwc..

"coilovers are acceptable but there base height ajustability cannot be below minimum clearence ie: 110mm , they also have to have soild tops no camber or castor adjustability is allowed and to top is all off no pillow ball mounts or dampning adjusters... and the spring rates must be to oem standards

lol it pretty much excludes 99.9% of coils"

lol well i failed my roadworthy cause of the coilovers and couple of other little things like pod filter not secured and things like that. didnt make sense to me cause i have a locked diff and they said nothing about that ;/

this is from someone who does rwc..

"coilovers are acceptable but there base height ajustability cannot be below minimum clearence ie: 110mm , they also have to have soild tops no camber or castor adjustability is allowed and to top is all off no pillow ball mounts or dampning adjusters... and the spring rates must be to oem standards

lol it pretty much excludes 99.9% of coils"

hmm fair nuff. Majority of skyline coilovers dont have camber, castor or pillow ball mounts however can be adjusted below 100mm. Cant seem to find any documents saying that adjustibility to 100mm is illegal. Just says not to go below it... I'd ask the roadworthy guy to show some documents stating the law regarding coilover suspension...

lol well i failed my roadworthy cause of the coilovers and couple of other little things like pod filter not secured and things like that. didnt make sense to me cause i have a locked diff and they said nothing about that ;/

they're not going to open up your diff housing to find out you have a locked diff.

they're not going to open up your diff housing to find out you have a locked diff.

you can hear it though and feel it when they take it for a test drive lol, i just dropped it off at another place today wish me luck :banana: