SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

In November 2010, The Weekend Australian reported that "Treasury officials preparing the so-called Red Book of briefs for the incoming government were as divided as private sector economists about the strength of the property market."

In December 2010, an MLC investments strategist observed that "residential property looks absolutely obscenely overvalued and seems to offer very, very poor investment prospects."

In March 2011, Morgan Stanley global strategist Gerard Minack said that "we've had 20 years where the Australian consumers have been willing to borrow more to buy an asset that they believe always goes up in value. The classic sign of an asset bubble." and that "home prices are 30 to 40 per cent above fair value."

In October 2009, it appeared that the pricing of homes was being inflated by actions taken in October 2008 aimed at addressing the fallout from the GFC. Housing was identified as an asset class worth shoring up against the type of deleveraging seen in the stockmarket.

The government increased assistance given to first home buyers as part of its 'Economic Stimulus Strategy',. A substantial reduction of RBA interest rates also played a part in maintaining prices

2010: November - The RBA raises interest rates 0.25% to 4.75% citing the "economy is now subject to a large expansionary shock from the high terms of trade"

2011: February - New housing loans approved by Australian banks fall 5.6 per cent to a 10-year low in February.

2011: March - Prosper Australia launches a campaign for a "buyer's strike" in an effort to drive down prices.

2011: April - Melbourne median home price falls by $36000 (6%) to A$565,000 in March Quarter.

2011: May - The number of properties for sale in Melbourne double.

2011: June - Number of home loans in arrears 90 days overdue, rises to 15 year high.

sheep-falling-off-cliff.jpg

ill post in here before putting it on carsales. so my evo 8 MR for sale looking for $31,000 NEG. if interested pm me for full details :)

Have a friend who might be looking for an Evo 7 or 8, will show him your car.

Do I get some sort of reward or finders fee? :D

I <3 left over pasta... Always tastes better the next day!

Agreed. Don't know why but they do taste better...

I like my meat fresh. Just sayin.

you get a bj from scott.

you get a big hug and a beer or 2 or 3 :D

that will happen after i feed him those beers :P

Let's just stick to hugs and beers :P

At a higher price then the rest of those fried chicken places.

But I always get Classic Burger with Beacon / Cheese / Egg and a serve of 8 BBQ Ribs.

IDE rather pay the little extra and have food that stays in my stomach rather than coming back up