SAU Community

What Did You Pay For Your Skyline / Performance Car Recently?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paid 9.5k for a 40th anniversary R33, bog stock. I was looking for 2-3 months, I think I looked at just about every 33 that was on carsales (series 1 and 2).

97,000kms (genuine? who knows)

Manual

Mint interior

Exterior 8/10, getting r/h/r quater resprayed (I'm a picky bastard :no: )

I was actually surprised at just how many 33's out there that are just sh*t and have alot of issues, alot look good in pics but are complete rubbish in real life, crunching gearboxes, dodgy resprays, bent chassis rails and/or completely non existent sills, makes you wonder who actually buys these, not that mines perfect but still didn't expect it to be so hard to find a good 33 that wasnt completely demo'd, considering the amount of 33's around.

The reason there are soo many 33's is because Nissan made/sold almost 250,000 in Japan, Compared to around 83,000 R34's. I myself was looking at 33's (because of price) then I done a bit of research and found out there is a reason they're cheap. Lol.

Who would buy them?......cause there cheap, Young 18 year olds who just want a 'fully sick skyline bro', they don't care how thrashed they are, there just after the 'look'... Impress their GF's and stuff.

33's are dirt cheap these days $6K is about average price.

3500 dorrar for 230k genuine! 33 s1. gtst. stock standard.

needed 1 new coil pack and a new radiator. best money i ever spent.

obvs she aint sock any more!

Good price

Edited by AshR34GTT

The reason there are soo many 33's is because Nissan made/sold almost 250,000 in Japan, Compared to around 83,000 R34's. I myself was looking at 33's (because of price) then I done a bit of research and found out there is a reason they're cheap. Lol.

Who would buy them?......cause there cheap, Young 18 year olds who just want a 'fully sick skyline bro', they don't care how thrashed they are, there just after the 'look'... Impress their GF's and stuff.

33's are dirt cheap these days $6K is about average price.

6k is for a fubar'd one, all the ones I looked at under 8k were terrible.

I was saying I was surprised how many were f**ked, not how many there are in total. 34's are more common now, back when I had mine they were still pretty 'new' to the scene but they are everywhere now, its harder to find a clean 33 then a 34.

paid 15k for mine worth every cent (s2 r33gtst) came with a list of engine mods a mile long (cams/rods/pistons etc),gt35r, twin plate billet clutch, suspension,brakes, volk/rays mags the list go's on. no mods were older than 30,000k

if id bought a stock car and then the parts new id probaly be looking at 50k.

but yeah i had to have patience and probably looked at around 15 cars (nearly all of em needed some sort of work done) before finding mine.

I myself was looking at 33's (because of price) then I done a bit of research and found out there is a reason they're cheap. Lol.

Please elaborate on your research and findings

I'm not 18 or fully sick and no GF or stuff to impress, Why did I buy one?

Am i doing it wrong

Please elaborate on your research and findings

Weight (heavier then 32, 34) handling (not as nimble as 32, 34). Gearbox (apparently not as good as 34)

Ect, ect. And the fact that sh*t loads were sold in Japan and exported over here, thrashed, put back on the market and sold cheap.

In all honesty weight and handling was enough for me to say no to a 33 and go with a 34.

I'm not talking GTR either. Only GTST &GTT

Each to their own at the end of the day.

I'm not 18 or fully sick and no GF or stuff to impress, Why did I buy one?

Am i doing it wrong

The answer was to the question "who would buy these (thrashed out) cars."

Not in relation to EVERY 33. Only the sh*t boxes.

The 34 has a shorter wheelbase so it's a bit nimbler. Weight wise they're both pretty similar, chassis wise they're both pretty similar too, same front and rear ends.. same car really apart from the body panels and the wheeelbase.

Sorry read it wrong, yeah there is a lot of shit heaps out there. How much differance is there between 33 34 gtst gtt handling and wieght wise

R32 GTST Curb Weight 1320 KG

R33 GTST Curb Weight 1360 KG

R34 GTT Curb Weight 1410 Kg

Looks like I may be wrong on the weight issue. My mistake.

Overall both cars are great.

Also found this:

The R32 version was nippy and ight weight and had a nippy racey feel,against the R33 which was heavier to the R32 but the engine was stronger and felt less nippy around town but more hardcore on the open road.And offered more internal room.

The R34 was a mix of then the R32 and the R34 the nippy R32 feel mixed with the hardcore R33 feel.

So overall the R34 is the better of them both,but the R33 is a great car and also features different specs with the 400R being the limited edition version.

The GTR's came with a 5 and 6 speed manual box.

Both feature the super highly tunable RB26dett although with the R34 version offering more torque.

Car wise the R34 is very expensive to buy Worldwide against the R33 which is older and lower in price.

Parts wise and upgrades you have to look at the bigger picture as the GTR models have always been the expensive versions to buy and you will find more parts and upgrades out there for the GTS GTS-T GT GTT versions as these are the cheaper options of the Skyline range and offer a mix of non turbo to single turbo engines in different sizes,due to being a cheaper car to buy means there are many about and hence more tuning and body kits are produced for these cars,the single turbo versions offer good turbo fun there is an R33 Rb25det in my town running at dyno 800bhp.

Which one do i prefer ultimate would be the R34 but i am on my second Skyline this time being an R33 spec 2 gts-t which gives me a smile every time i drive it and is a head turner with people taking pics and vids and asking me daily about my car,and i have the option to add more bhp and a mass of other modifications.

So i am happy with what i have and to be fair either GTR will see you right and make you very happy,The R34 offers a more modern car to the already modern R33 version,but cost alot more for just another good car.

Cost wise depends where you live as modifications are due to any country to meet its road regs.and US wise each state has its own requirements some more and some less than other states.

Also an R33 GTR until beaten by an R32 Skyline owned the World AWD drag record.

The answer was to the question "who would buy these (thrashed out) cars."

Not in relation to EVERY 33. Only the sh*t boxes.

Your England very many good.

I've had both a 34 and now a 33, and while the 34 was great I dont see why there so much more expensive then a series 2 33, besides having a neo there isnt much more refinement between them, the interior is far worse on a 34 and depending on what kit your 34 comes with they look very average in stock form, I dont know if its just me but 34's look like they have been hit up the ass with a stock kit, mine had a nismo kit which looked alot better.

But trying to find a clean 33 is getting really hard where as finding a clean 34 is easy, each to there own I guess.

Hey guys has anyone bought or know of anyone who has recently bought an evo? I've almost persuaded my self to go for an evo 7/8 over an R32 GTR. It seems that the evo 7's have dropped quiet a little in price as of late and I've been seeing the same ones for sale for over 3 months with little to no price drop, just wondering if anyone has any first or second hand experiences of this.

Cheers, Bill

They all have little spurts of depreciation Bill.

Used car sales have been slow lately. Even the media has been spruiking the fact that new car sales are up, whilst used car sales are down for the interim.

I test drove a 6 speed EVO of late at TSI and loved it. One just has to be prepared to have the extra cash to replace the gear box to a 5 speed when required.

paid 13.5k for my stock r32 gtr, completely resprayed, engine rebuilt and nismo body kit, had 74000km on it and came with a receipts, original import papers, etc, early model gtr though, however, can't fault it for it's age lol...number 246...so one of the very earliest lol

They all have little spurts of depreciation Bill.

Used car sales have been slow lately. Even the media has been spruiking the fact that new car sales are up, whilst used car sales are down for the interim.

I test drove a 6 speed EVO of late at TSI and loved it. One just has to be prepared to have the extra cash to replace the gear box to a 5 speed when required.

Thanks for the reply terry, must say I love your work on this forum, very informative stuff! Especially the insurance FAQ you summarized for everyone. I think I may be going for an evo 7 so wont need to change the box over, the 8mr and 9 are just a touch out of my price range and I dont mind that touch, rougher look of the evo 7. For me its a good balance between the 6 which is still an awesome car, and the newer 8 and 9, or maybe im just trying to convince my self this!

Cheers Bill

-R33 GTS-T series 2 1997,

- Manual

- 124,000kms

- Stock as a rock just with a nice cat-back and splitfire coil packs

-100% immaculate

- Sunroof

- Genuine Skyline floor mats like new

- Apexi turbo timer

$8250 :)