SAU Community

Pro Fabrications - Pfre - Fabrication

Risking

I have one... in Tassie though. will donate?

Donations accepted and rewarded......

Pete the HR31 is ready on the priority list for this week. We have a solution that is engineer friendly now and cheap cheap to do.

R33 will come after the R32 version. I'll continue doing the baffled under car surge tanks for the R33 for the time being.

Also a new project is beginning. An idea that's been floating around for a while is to fabricate fuel tank extensions to actually bolt to the factory R32,r33 and r34 fuel tanks. The idea is to have internal pumps with a float type baffle plate that's entirely sealed inside the fuel tank. The extension will act as a surge tank that's self feeding being a part of the main tank.

Re an R32 fuel tank, one thing I am considering in a few years time when my car is further down the road of track only is an alloy fuel tank which is only 35L and sits tight to the diff/axle. So effectively cut a std fuel tank in half length wise and limit the mass overhang behind the rear axle. Along with the front suspension change from R32 to R33/34 the fuel tank position is about the other major design improvement. I am trying to convince a friend to give it a go in his R32 track car

The other thing I will am doing is sourcing an R34 PS pump, smaller, lighter then the 4WS hydraulic pump in the R32, only will need to hold off until the 26 crank and harmonic balancer go into my car due to the different belts they use. When I do this I want to go for a banjo bolt and braided installation to a custom PS reservoir. My thinking is that since PS rcks use brake fluid, and track work boils PS fluid, then the custom alloy PS reservoir may as well have water cooling coil in it.Will need to consider the length of coil needed inside the PS reservoir, may be easier to join a few std PS coolers together and throw them up front behind the IC

Sump has left already mike, it went this week so I'd expect it to arrive today or Tuesday.

I put the fittings in a separate bag so they didn't get damaged. Just be sure to clean the inside Before it fitted. They get washed here but Another wash won't hurt it.

Have not seen anything yet Brad; can you please pass on the tracking details? Thanks mate.

Re an R32 fuel tank, one thing I am considering in a few years time when my car is further down the road of track only is an alloy fuel tank which is only 35L and sits tight to the diff/axle. So effectively cut a std fuel tank in half length wise and limit the mass overhang behind the rear axle. Along with the front suspension change from R32 to R33/34 the fuel tank position is about the other major design improvement. I am trying to convince a friend to give it a go in his R32 track car

The other thing I will am doing is sourcing an R34 PS pump, smaller, lighter then the 4WS hydraulic pump in the R32, only will need to hold off until the 26 crank and harmonic balancer go into my car due to the different belts they use. When I do this I want to go for a banjo bolt and braided installation to a custom PS reservoir. My thinking is that since PS rcks use brake fluid, and track work boils PS fluid, then the custom alloy PS reservoir may as well have water cooling coil in it.Will need to consider the length of coil needed inside the PS reservoir, may be easier to join a few std PS coolers together and throw them up front behind the IC

Would moving the tank forward be an improvment? R32's are so nose heavy, you want to move as much weight as far back as possable to compensate. i'm 99% sure the only reason the R33+ have the tank infront of the rear axel is because they had to for rear end crash protection sasfty standards.

A better designed tank would be great for track 32's.

I run a R33 P/S pump on my car, the other option is to run Astra electric pump in the cabin. I don't run a cooler, never boiled the P/S system, even in my GT-R.

Edited by sav man

My thinking is that since PS rcks use brake fluid, and track work boils PS fluid, then the custom alloy PS reservoir may as well have water cooling coil in it.

How long you been running brake fluid in your power steering troy???,,,may I suggest you change to ATF.

Cheers

Neil.

Thread needs more work photos.....

S15 thats being built. Has got neat air guides and air dam for the radiator now

post-20349-0-16717900-1325798305_thumb.jpg

post-20349-0-55638000-1325798386_thumb.jpg

R32 Breather tank to be fitted next week some time.

post-20349-0-55182000-1325798496_thumb.jpg

DC2 integra cage now with paint and the floor done

post-20349-0-88100600-1325798479_thumb.jpg

And something a little left field, thought we'd have a go at some dirt track racing and help out a new customer with his wingless 3.8L holden powered sprint car. Its first outting is saturday at Nowra speedway.

post-20349-0-15336700-1325798271_thumb.jpg

post-20349-0-05531500-1325798400_thumb.jpg

post-20349-0-45508800-1325798446_thumb.jpg

How long you been running brake fluid in your power steering troy???,,,may I suggest you change to ATF.

Cheers

Neil.

LOL...oops, typo. Point being my car boils fluid, so its getting over 200deg c. When I typed that I was thinking brakes and boiling brake fluid.

Brad, understand that they are nose heavy but I would have thought that you would still want to move as much weight to between the uprights, or alternatively as close to the axle lines as possible to reduce the polar moment of inertia. A fuel tank with 1/2 - 2/3 tank of fuel is going to be 30-50kgs. Moving it forward may move the CoG a fraction....but from a vehicle dynamics perspective?

I'm going to give a supplier a bit of a plug.

Thor welding supplies in casula nsw came to a big rescue over the Xmas break.

I've never bought from him before and I was in need of a specific filler rod / tungsten.

After calling everyone I usually use the answer was no stock or closed too bad.

I called Thor and despite being closed he was all to happy

to open up and sell me the needed ER80S-2 and tungstens I wanted.

My fiancé drove over to pick everything up and the sale was done.

After some further conversation it turns out his had some trouble with a local large welding supplier and has been forced to work from home.

They send Australia wide and have a massive range in stock, even some exotic filler rods and tungstens that I've never been able to get before.

If guys are after consumables and welding supplies jump on the website and have a poke around

Www.thorweldingsupplies.com

Or give them a call 02 9822 7080. I'd be very surprised if they can't supply you with what you need.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm still around for a few more weeks yet.

I think all pm's are now replied too.

It's been ridiculously busy over the last couple of weeks.

Looking forward to a break though!

I think there is 2 sump orders outstanding but every other order should have been received on time.

Hey Brad,

Havent received a reply to my pm yet so thought I'd make sure it hasn't been lost again; any chance on a price for those fittings?

Cheers,

Martin.

Edited by Hanaldo

Martin at the moment im waiting for a batch of the fittings your wanting to be machined. Unfortunatly I cant quote you on a fitting that I dont know the cost of as yet.

Im hoping to have them this week and will be sure to let you know the cost.

Here is an RB26 extended sump that has been very popular as of late.

Retains factory pick up and can use any off the shelf baffle system

post-20349-0-61817400-1327825017_thumb.jpg

post-20349-0-77702900-1327824973_thumb.jpg

post-20349-0-91892800-1327824912_thumb.jpg

post-20349-0-78385800-1327824892_thumb.jpg