SAU Community

Pro Fabrications - Pfre - Fabrication

Risking

Also very interested in the undercar surge you have made brad, looks the goods. Does it tuck up under there nice and high ie. away from harm and is it suitable for a street driven vehicle, and is this same tank/design suitable for a GTR.

Thanks in advance, Allan

The R33 surge tanks suit GTsT and GTR. They won't fit properly into a 4 door r33 though.

They don't hang any lower than the chassis rails.

Some of the larger "race" versions are about 10mm lower than the chassis rails which is how they gain some capacity.

Never had one hit the circuit or ripple strips etc.

talk neil into being the gineau pig. cheryl needs a surge tank to deal with those 150 mighty kw.

Brad,,,rule my car out as the guinea pig,,,Cheryl needs nothing in the fuel dept at the moment. Control your self Handley,,,we are not turning her into a 300kw plus car just yet.

Cheers

Neil.

Just checking duncan :) Best to ask the questions, as the ones you dont ask are the ones that bite you :) Brad, if you wouldnt mind, and if you have the time, can you please PM me a rough cost for one of these undercar surge tanks with a pierburg and barb fittings and also a cost for an extended sump with windage/baffles we were talking about earlier. Im happy to do exchange or to send you my unit as the car is in a million bits for the next few months.

Thanks in advance, Allan

Finished off one of the R34 combined overflow/catch can units.

I've managed to utilize the original battery clamp location and weld on a machined pin that locates the tank.

A simple bracket and bolt secures it into an original hole, no drilling required.

I'll post up photos of it tomorrow when I get time.

Sump has left already mike, it went this week so I'd expect it to arrive today or Tuesday.

I put the fittings in a separate bag so they didn't get damaged. Just be sure to clean the inside Before it fitted. They get washed here but Another wash won't hurt it.

This is one of the R34 combination catch cans. Its a radiator overflow and catch can built into one unit.

Catch can is baffled and at the customers request has a 3rd fitting to vent back into the intake as opposed to atmosphere.

post-20349-0-88461100-1325211445_thumb.jpg

post-20349-0-34005000-1325211485_thumb.jpg

post-20349-0-26198600-1325211529_thumb.jpg

Also have one R32 GTR/GTsT infront of battery location catch can left that has 2x -12an fittings welded onto it.

Its $180 inc postage if anyone is after one cheap. Its been sitting around the customer fell off the face of the earth so might as well sell it.

post-20349-0-86768500-1325211624_thumb.jpg

A few hours was taken to put a basic CDS cage into a DC2 type R for Tony the marketing manager at wakefield park.

Nice tight fit with basic intrusion bars to make it easy for him to use.

Has been a couple of weeks since we did a full cage ( put a few off due to alloy fab orders needing to be cleared out)

We also dragged prestige motorsports Time attack S15 out of the corner today. Ill put up a few photos of that latter. It turned into a full house build with carbon suspension and loads of fabrication work.

Couple of cars to clear out next week (AWD R31, STI Andra cage and a 120Y E85 conversion) as well as the S15.

post-20349-0-46228700-1325235865_thumb.jpg

Opening back up for 2012 tomorrow. A couple of new things happening straight up.

A good fabricator and mate of mine is joining us for a while to help out with the prep work and design work

Also a new project is beginning. An idea that's been floating around for a while is to fabricate fuel tank extensions to actually bolt to the factory R32,r33 and r34 fuel tanks. The idea is to have internal pumps with a float type baffle plate that's entirely sealed inside the fuel tank. The extension will act as a surge tank that's self feeding being a part of the main tank.

We've been racing GTR's and nissans for a long time now, everything we sell has been race proven multiple times over so these new components will be no different. Testing prior to sale is paramount.

The old undercar surges were tried and tested so these will hopefully raise the bar a little higher and make things a bit more compact for the circuit guys.

I was planning to do so. Owner does really get a say in the matter, I needs a local test mule.

Have you got a sacrificial GTR tank? Only one I have at the moment has a screw hole in the top.