SAU Community

Really Weird Squeek Noise

Xizor

Hi Guys

My car has a REALLY weird and annoying squeek noise whenever going over bumps or at high speed on the highway. It only used to happen when going over speed humps but gradually over the past year or so its gotten worse and worse where its almost all the time driving now to some degree, but on bumpy roads or the highway at speed its basically non stop and really doing my head in. i.e. im up the coast on holidays at the moment and for the entire 3.5 hr drive it was squeeking. Its driving me nuts.

I've had the car serviced at TT automotive in North Sydney and they didnt observe any major issues wiht my car and said its in good mechnical order etc, though they didnt explicitly look for this squeek.

The squeek seems to be coming from the front drivers corner of the car but i cant pin down where. Somewhere near the mirror/door/dash region. It doesnt sound like it is shock related (i have the sydneykid package, bilsteins with whiteline springs), but i really just dont know. Its not a normal dash rattle, its much squeekier than that.

Its gotten to the point i just want to give the car to someone to sort it out once and for all. But i dont know where i should take it for this since i dont know what is causing it.

Any thoughts or recommendations be greatly appreciated!!! As soon as im back in Sydney tomorrow i wanna organise to take the car in somewhere to sort this out.

why don't you just take Jason for a ride in it, so he can identify the noise if you're really worried about it!

much better doing that than starting somewhere new!

ps. i totally rate TT automotive!!!

Hahah i tried the loud stereo... but it has to be quite loud!!! The reason why i dont think its suspension related is because its "sounds" closer than that. Doesnt sound like its from the engine bay either. Ill take it to someone this week and give them the suggestions mentioned here as a starting point.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar squeak that sounded like it was coming from the dash. Nearly drove me crazy. Turned out to be the right front quarter panel rubbing against a screw.

Press the panel and see if you can hear the squeak.

Actually on the lines of plibber my old sereis 2 FMIC used to rub on the front bar/reinforcement bar and used to sound like squeeks and chirps.... instead of fixing the problem I just kept spraying WD40 along it untill it got dirty enough not to make the sound anymore....

:stupid: did the trick though lol

I had a similar squeak that sounded like it was coming from the dash. Nearly drove me crazy. Turned out to be the right front quarter panel rubbing against a screw.

Press the panel and see if you can hear the squeak.

f**king this. I almost went insane from a squeak near the passenger side of the dash. It was the quarter panel. Now I know what it is I don't care lol.

• 1 month later...

man you guys are LEGENDS!!!! It was the front drivers quarter panel. fark me. that has been driving me BONKERS. Tightened her up has stopped now. there is stilla tiny faint noise but the difference is like night and day. so happy!! Unfortunately i just got my CTP renewal in the mail.... looks like they have gone up AGAIN. $740 now!!! :(

man you guys are LEGENDS!!!! It was the front drivers quarter panel. fark me. that has been driving me BONKERS. Tightened her up has stopped now. there is stilla tiny faint noise but the difference is like night and day. so happy!! Unfortunately i just got my CTP renewal in the mail.... looks like they have gone up AGAIN. $740 now!!! :(

It comes back. I tightened mine and its f**king loose again, I cbf with it now. NOISES ARE f**kING ANNOYING.

Another annoying one? The electric window parts which loosen up over time and make noise in the f**king door. Strip the whole car down and put it back together with locktite on everything.

Time to do some research on better greenslip pricing!

Good stuff dude, glad it's not irritating the shit out of you anymore. To mask the other sound though, just turn the stereo up ;)

You know whats bad about this, I get my alternator whirring in my speakers. I don't what else to look at and change. All new ground points from the battery(I got 2 or 3 off the battery to the chassis). New and seperate ground point for my stereo. New ground point for my amps. The only thing I can think is that my amps are running off the same ground point. Problem is I'm using a Y connection to bridge the 4gauge to 2 gauge to the chassis. No idea if this is the cause but seriously, alternator noise, f**k YOU.