SAU Community

E85/eflex And Oil Choice

SS8_Gohan

My E85 tune netted me 30 more rwkw on 3psi less than my 98 tune and just feels gruntier everywhere its tops ooops wrong thread totally irrelevant info for this thread lol!

Edited by Mick_o

• 1 month later...

OK. SO I have been using 300V on my E85 fueled GTR for the past 15 or so months. I had a oil pump failure which practically destroyed the head, however the bottom end survived (A quick polish of the crank and its good to go). After pulling the engine down last weekend some of the big end bearings STILL looked like they had just come out of the boxes. I will take some photo's when I get the chance. I would have loved to pull it down before the shitty pump failure. That engine was 7 years old with 32,000 Kms on it most of its life up around 400 RWKW with upto 2 bar shoved down its throat. However it wasn't revved past 8000 RPM all that much (But was driven hard). It also didnt breathe any oil into my catchcan.

After seeing that and hearing all these stories ranging from 'Your engine is going to die within 200 kms' to 'the oil will turn to jelly if left longer than a day in the sump', I won't be changing after its rebuilt!

300 V FTW!

OK. SO I have been using 300V on my E85 fueled GTR for the past 15 or so months. I had a oil pump failure which practically destroyed the head, however the bottom end survived (A quick polish of the crank and its good to go). After pulling the engine down last weekend some of the big end bearings STILL looked like they had just come out of the boxes. I will take some photo's when I get the chance. I would have loved to pull it down before the shitty pump failure. That engine was 7 years old with 32,000 Kms on it most of its life up around 400 RWKW with upto 2 bar shoved down its throat. However it wasn't revved past 8000 RPM all that much (But was driven hard). It also didnt breathe any oil into my catchcan.

After seeing that and hearing all these stories ranging from 'Your engine is going to die within 200 kms' to 'the oil will turn to jelly if left longer than a day in the sump', I won't be changing after its rebuilt!

300 V FTW!

Were you using the 300v chrono or competition ?..also what pump was it that failed .

i know of certain pump that have had nuts put through them, ate it up and spat it out it did....should have got one of those ones :rofl: bahahaha

I still except no responsibility :nyaanyaa:

LOL!

You proberbly saved the bottem end driving it like a nanna. Thanks mate. :cheers:

You should post this in the oil thread, guys seem to think how their car "feels" when they drive it is a better metric than oil analysis when comparing oils.

your fulla shit Rolls, nobody said it was a better than an oil analysis..all that was said is that some of us could notice a difference in the way the car drove with different types of oil..

Anyway, haven't you got a broken camshaft to fix :whistling:

So it wasnt u driving when it happened Paul? Maybe the nanna driving caused it.

Sorry to hear. When does ur new head arrive

LOL. That's why it broke.... it was being driven like a fairy! Thanks Joey :nyaanyaa:.

Not sure. It made it to HKS but the guy doing it wanted a bee's dick more out of somewhere..... so it went back to NAPREC. :( Sigh.