SAU Community

E85/eflex And Oil Choice

SS8_Gohan

i find your attitude towards ethanol surprising roy... for someone that loves to tinker as much as you do and tries to run his motor on the ragged edge, i would have thought that if there was an obviously better fuel choice, you would have been all over it

i didn't find it was too bad with the GT-T - on the cruise, so freeway driving etc, my consumption only varied by about 10% to 98, and about 25% for urban duties. If you do lots of freeway km's, it's quite a cheap (and powerful) fuel.

i find your attitude towards ethanol surprising roy... for someone that loves to tinker as much as you do and tries to run his motor on the ragged edge, i would have thought that if there was an obviously better fuel choice, you would have been all over it

it is like how he is obsessed with rb20s for some reason, makes no sense.

LOL, i have the injectors that will give my fuel system enough head room. My problem is the amount of kms my car does as a street car makes it pretty hard to go E85. So the only real option is flexi fuel and cant justify the spend on electronics. So when I start doing more street kms in the Sierra the R32 may find its way on to E85 as it wont be doing so many work kms to Geelong, Yarrawonga etc etc

So until then I will just sit back and hang shit on people who are fortunate enough or dedicated enough to be running corn feed :thumbsup:

it is like how he is obsessed with rb20s for some reason, makes no sense.

LOL, its all a bit of fun but its hard to justify replacing a $600 engine that has done 60,000kms and still makes ~260rwkws. If I can get an eflex setup going it would be able to catch up a little in the power game as anything under 300 these days is cannon fodder. But seems the eflex arrangement is about 3k. :( I am close to having an eflex setup for free which if it works will be ACE :)

i didn't find it was too bad with the GT-T - on the cruise, so freeway driving etc, my consumption only varied by about 10% to 98, and about 25% for urban duties. If you do lots of freeway km's, it's quite a cheap (and powerful) fuel.

What's the price comparison between 98ULP and E85? have never seen it for sale up here in brisvegas

What's the price comparison between 98ULP and E85? have never seen it for sale up here in brisvegas

i pay about 100-110c a litre here in SA. haven't noticed a huge increase in consumption on the track, even with a bigger turbo and 50% more power.