SAU Community

Brand Noob

YoVette

Hi everyone!

About 4 months ago I bought an 89 r32 gt-r mainly so I could have a street-registered track car.

It's been modified a bit by previous owners (of course) and has a usable 280awkw but needs a few little things done before I'll feel OK about taking to Wakefield for a proper run. I really just want to build it to be strong so I don't destroy it!

I have to say I absolutely love driving it! It's too much fun!!

And thanks to all the Skyline drivers that have given me a friendly wave when I've been cruising in mine :action-smiley-069: hopefully I'll see you out and about soon.

Yvette

A Female with a Skyline... A duet of pleasures. :woot:

Congrats on becoming part of what is undoubtedly the Best damn Skyline info resource in the known universe!

Heaps of goodness to be learnt and shared on here so don't shy away from asking about anything you need to know.

As it is a bit of a sausage fest on here, it's always good to get a little more oestrogen in the mix, so welcome!

oh, and being that you are in Canberra, might even see you round.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the sympathy welcomes guys! :rolleyes: I didn't want to advertise my girlyness... I've seen some of the other reactions to it and, you know, I'm kind of just here for the cars and the enthusiasts!! I've had a friendly welcome from the ACT section as well so between you guys and them I think I'll feel ok about asking for advice etc I'm undoubtedly going to need.... especially since I swear every time I drive it there's a new weird clunk coming from somewhere.

Still gotta love driving it though!

Happy new year everyone!

Thanks for the sympathy welcomes guys! :rolleyes:I didn't want to advertise my girlyness... I've seen some of the other reactions to it and, you know, I'm kind of just here for the cars and the enthusiasts!! I've had a friendly welcome from the ACT section as well so between you guys and them I think I'll feel ok about asking for advice etc I'm undoubtedly going to need.... especially since I swear every time I drive it there's a new weird clunk coming from somewhere.

Still gotta love driving it though!

Happy new year everyone!

you went about it the right way. generally the girls who cop the most crap are the ones who come in and say "i want to mod my car to make 500kw, but i have no idea what to do" but then as soon as people start giving them advice they turn around and say "i spoke to a good friend of mine who once saw a picture of a skyline in a magazine once, so they know everything about them and they said i need to put 15 turbos on my car and run the exhaust system off a ford festiva and pull the fuel injection off and run a 350 holley. so i'm going to listen to them and ignore all your advice because it's crap and you know nothing"

now while that is a small exageration, it isn't by much. i should also point out that it isn't just girls who do that and get flamed. guys do it too with similar results.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/351831-skyline-ti-burnout-car/page__st__60

Ahh what a great old thread.

Much talk about dropping a $40 000 Cleveland into a R31, book eating, how money wasn't an issue.......well she hasn't logged on in almost 10 months. Hehe.

Note: In no way am I making any comparisons with you Yvette, if anything you seem to be the antonym of ole Sherry (shezza). Which is good, happy times.

Checked out the old thread... woooooow!!! Had a little giggle... felt a little disturbed...:blush:

Sure I'd like more kw eventually but you gotta be conscious of your $$ disappearing - well I do anyway! I'm sure you guys are familiar with diminishing returns etc. We've all been there, right?

What I'd really like is to be able to drive somewhere near the potential of the car oneday... I know that's a HUGE goal and I don't honestly expect to get there but aim high, have fun trying and learn lots along the way.

Of course if I stumble across $40k I may do a big block conversion and turn it into a skid car.:rofl2:

haha oh and the other one who was going to put a T51R onto her fugly N/A R34, I laughed when I saw it at a motor show here and it was only being eyed off by the type of bogan who buys 22" chrome rims for every car they own