SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

If your willing to take the hub apart then i still think it should be pretty easily do able on a cnc machine.. let me know if you get stuck finding someone to machine it.

I have a few mates with access to 5 axis cnc machines who should be able to do it.

I'll keep that in mind mate, cheers.

I'll see how I go tomorrow.

Try this mob too Paul..they would be able to machine and cut the internal splines no problem. As for cost to do it i couldn't tell you.

http://www.manufacturelink.com.au/Suppliers/command-engineering.aspx

Also depending on the size step up in diameter you might be able to machine the existing hub out and just re spline it if there is enough meat left to do it.

Edited by ezy_09s

That sucks about the clutch plates. With our NPC twin plate in the race car when we switched to the PPG gear set which was using the Chevy splined input, they just took out the Nissan centre splines and riveted in a Chevy spline boss to both plates.

I don't know whether you have driven a car with a NPC twin plate before but its a solid type clutch which I would swear is just as light as a standard clutch and drives likes a standard one in terms of take up when released. Its crazy how nice it is for a 1000hp rated clutch.

Its an option you could look at if you cant find a solution for your current clutch.

I'll ring that St Mary's mob tomorrow.

Any idea who I should be speaking to?

Edit: John apparently :D

Scott, talk to scott, he is Johns son and more into the import/performance side of things

Not saying John doesn't know his shit cause he does I've just always dealt with scott when it comes to the cars and John with the truck and 4wd stuff

That sucks about the clutch plates. With our NPC twin plate in the race car when we switched to the PPG gear set which was using the Chevy splined input, they just took out the Nissan centre splines and riveted in a Chevy spline boss to both plates.

I don't know whether you have driven a car with a NPC twin plate before but its a solid type clutch which I would swear is just as light as a standard clutch and drives likes a standard one in terms of take up when released. Its crazy how nice it is for a 1000hp rated clutch.

Its an option you could look at if you cant find a solution for your current clutch.

Can't say I have driven a car with an NPC. Not sure if the Nismo twin is built the same way as the NPC but apparently it's not that easy. (What Jim Berry told me)

Any chance you could just get the plates from a exedy chev clutch and drop em in, providing their the same diameter the rest should be the same given the twin plates aren't factory replacement but a full replacement

Talk the Scott, he'll know

What about PPG themselves, its their box and shaft, surely they wouldn't sell it with this setup if you couldn't get a clutch for it

Any chance you could just get the plates from a exedy chev clutch and drop em in, providing their the same diameter the rest should be the same given the twin plates aren't factory replacement but a full replacement

Talk the Scott, he'll know

What about PPG themselves, its their box and shaft, surely they wouldn't sell it with this setup if you couldn't get a clutch for it

That could be an idea.

It's not the clutch that's the problem, I just want the big spline in a coppermix. Nismo don't have that option.