SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

I'm liking the Option 2 ratios. Can always go to 4.375 diffs if needed.

Should have come past my place Paul...would have liked to see the OS88 first hand.

I'm liking the Option 2 ratios. Can always go to 4.375 diffs if needed.

Should have come past my place Paul...would have liked to see the OS88 first hand.

Weren't in it long, Charlie. I didn't want to start inviting half of SAU when Bob went well and truly out of his way already.

As I said, very very impressed. Slick, quick, effortless, quiet and no fuss.

Bob even slowed down and stopped at a set of lights in 4th gear. He clutched in and pushed the lever up and selected 1st. No noise, nothing. Let the clutch out and away we went.

It's all good, Paul. I was sold on the OS88 before. I like the fact that it is helical and quiet.

Does Bobby have the direct shifter kit also?

Let the group buy begin :D

Bobcat has bought some aftermarket shifter but it's not completed yet. He just simply clutched in and pulled the lever, next gear and away we go!

When Marcus got a quote for me, the guy that did my head suggested/recommended the OS88 straight away, $$$ being the problem. The issue is, as BigMicky said earlier, the standard casing only allows so much physical gear size, limiting strength.

I know I'm repeating myself but the level of street ability and user friendliness surprised me. I thought it would have been as agricultural as a John Deer tractor.

Now the question is

Is the 88 cheaper than an H6S?

...hang on...do hollinger still do the gtr spec boxes? I have a funny feeling they do not

Albins do one now and even Modena have a sequential that would accept the transfer case. Plus the new Quaife. Plenty of options... None a bargain.

From what Bob was saying, the holinger doesn't like more than 800 HP (not saying I'm at 800 HP). It's also straight cut.

Quaife - 750 hp

Modena - not sure

Albins - straight cut

Being a "street" car, I don't want to wear ear plugs while driving the damn thing. That's not what it's about.

It doesn't matter what way I/we go, none of the options are cheap. Even the cheapest option of the PPG 1-4 helical dog set will be the best bit of $7,000 by the time it's all done.