SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

I was looking at the Albins, $22k plus Get Stuffed Tax, but my god that box is crazy and worth every cent, you can run a torque convertor and clutch at the same time with that box, it has paddle shift option, and changeable final drives for fast changes at the track :)

My brother has the 5 speed transaxle type in his race car and they are very nice to drive, the GTR one is the trophy truck box

I didn't know the Modena had a GTR option, last time I looked at them they didn't, pretty sure they are straight cut also

Thanks for the feedback on your experience with the os88. It sounds exactly like everything I was hoping it would be.

Now to save up and get one!

Thanks for the feedback on your experience with the os88. It sounds exactly like everything I was hoping it would be.

Now to save up and get one!

That's the problem! It's not exactly $1,000. :(

Those that are serious, maybe try and sort out a group buy and see what prices we can get?

Pick your ratios and go.

I myself, won't be ready for a little while, but by the looks of things, the other guys are in the same boat.

I only wish I got some video's yesterday. I was trying to take it all in. Dammit!

That's the problem! It's not exactly $1,000. :(

Those that are serious, maybe try and sort out a group buy and see what prices we can get?

Pick your ratios and go.

I myself, won't be ready for a little while, but by the looks of things, the other guys are in the same boat.

I only wish I got some video's yesterday. I was trying to take it all in. Dammit!

you should of borrowed a little more when you purchased you're new house.

16/20k at mortgage rates is better than any other form of lending options available

you should of borrowed a little more when you purchased you're new house.

16/20k at mortgage rates is better than any other form of lending options available

I won't be borrowing anything from anyone. I consider that a no no, personally. Next thing there will be OS 3.15 litres and 4 inch titanium exhausts. Haha.

I'll just sock a bit away each week.

• Like 1

I with Paulie on this one, its a hobby so if I can't afford to pay cash for it I simple cant afford it :)

My reason is if I finance it then break it then what :(

then you don't get to play with your toy :P

Having said that.

Irrespective of whether it's a hobby or not

Cars and especially Jap imports or the worst investments (if I can even call it that)

Whatever $$$$ you throw at it you can kiss it goodbye there and then

But atleast you're throwing away your own money, not the banks.

The car ain't going anywhere. It can sit under a cover in the garage for all I care - will not be sold.

The car ain't going anywhere. It can sit under a cover in the garage for all I care - will not be sold.

Lol you're the first ever person that I know who cares about banks money

The banks would not care as 20K over 500k is a drop in the ocean over the term of the loan

All the bank care about is serviceability and security and as long as you're LVR is in check they will make sweet love to ya t'il the end of time lol

I have a redraw facility (haven't used it yet nor that I want to)

But it's smarter to have just in case rather than using a cc facility

But I do agree with you (except for caring about the banks money :P )

I feels the same way. :)

I realise the banks don't care, they're only after one thing and it aint your well being. I realise the extra *whatever amount* is a drop in the ocean but then you're paying interest on that amount for the life of the loan. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be paying a gearbox off in 15 years time. lol.

It's the banks money which you're paying back. Redrawing for stuff like extensions (when renting it out) or to purchase shares, yep totally, as that's tax deductible. To pull out for a gearbox, you'd have to have rocks in your head.

Hurry up and screw some boost into yours will ya :D

It's tough enough to pay the $17K upfront for the box, and then wait 2-3 months before you get it....

Financing it....no chance.

I prefer to pay and get what you pay for right away. Unless the distributor can do a payment plan :D

It's tough enough to pay the $17K upfront for the box, and then wait 2-3 months before you get it....

Financing it....no chance.

I prefer to pay and get what you pay for right away. Unless the distributor can do a payment plan :D

It's a bit rough, but I Spose they're not going to have $200,000 worth of cash sitting there on shelves. That money could be earning money elsewhere. Either way, it is what it is. We will just have to suck it up :D

You don't lose money on cars till you sell them, until then you are enjoying money spent :)

I put all my spare moneys on my home loan till I want to buy something like a gearbox then redraw from the extra I have payed, not draw against the house equity, that way while I'm saving the money for whatever I am saving interest on the home loan

Paying interest when you don't have to or can't claim is crazy, home loan is really a must so is business equipment, but on a sports car is just nuts and a true waste of cash

You don't lose money on cars till you sell them, until then you are enjoying money spent :)

I put all my spare moneys on my home loan till I want to buy something like a gearbox then redraw from the extra I have payed, not draw against the house equity, that way while I'm saving the money for whatever I am saving interest on the home loan

Paying interest when you don't have to or can't claim is crazy, home loan is really a must so is business equipment, but on a sports car is just nuts and a true waste of cash

totally agree