SAU Community

Recommendation On Engine Oil For M35 Vq25Det

ECR33_RB25DET

I ran Turbolight for quite a while, but I changed to GW Sougi S6000 (now discontinued) and I was most impressed with the improvement.

I'm not mad about changing oil every 5000km; I'd rather run to 10 000km with a better quality oil. I removed & inspected my Turbo oil feed Banjo recently & it was perfectly clean with no sludge our carbon build up, so extended intervals are obviously not an issue, as long as quality oil is used. To date; I have put 65 000km on the car since it has been in my ownership.

Next change I'll be using GW Syn-x 6000; I was quoted $50- $55 for 5lt by head office in Penrith. That's plenty cheaper than it's competitors.

I'm using Syn-x 3000 in the daily ATM; for $25 for 5lt, I reckon you'd be hard pressed to do better.

Edited by Daleo

I'm using Royal Purple 10-40 ATM, but would be fine to go back to GW SynX6000 if its the replacement for Sougi. Just got to find some of it!

Had Sougi in it before and it liked it. Can't say RP is any better at double the price.

Plus mine needs top ups occasionally.... :ph34r:

X6000 is a replacement but is definitely not as good.

Depends how often you want to get under your Stag I guess and how much you want to spend.

I could go 15,000km intervals on Sougi S6000 and Motul 300v without issue (oil tester stated they were still fine although tested at different stages of modification), as I'm sure you could if you used NEO. I also should note that I usually used either Nismo or Power Enterprise oil filters.

Will be giving Roadmaster 500 a go as it sounds interesting... and is a shitload cheaper than the other oils I mentioned.

I'm using Royal Purple 10-40 ATM, but would be fine to go back to GW SynX6000 if its the replacement for Sougi. Just got to find some of it!

Had Sougi in it before and it liked it. Can't say RP is any better at double the price.

Plus mine needs top ups occasionally.... :ph34r:

Head office is in Penrith, let me know if you'd like me to pick some up for you; I might even be able to arrange delivery to Stagea Bro Workshop... :whistling:

Mine doesn't to the Kms that you guys do. Its a daily 15km trip....

I change @ 5-8 thousand. Sounds like GW might be good for me. Sougi got dirty within a couple of thousand- was great oil.

Any info on why the replacement isn't as good?

Mine doesn't to the Kms that you guys do. Its a daily 15km trip....

I change @ 5-8 thousand. Sounds like GW might be good for me. Sougi got dirty within a couple of thousand- was great oil.

Principally; it's not an Ester base; therefore not as "Good" I still believe it will more than suffice.

It's a "full" sythetic (70% or greater synthetic component) which uses Group IV stocks (still good) as opposed to S6000 being 100% synthetic and using Ester base stocks (Group V).

Principally; it's not an Ester base; therefore not as "Good" I still believe it will more than suffice.

Agree, although it is like comparing Motul 8100 (which I use in both current cars) with 300V.

Agree, although it is like comparing Motul 8100 (which I use in both current cars) with 300V.

Not disagreeing, and it's a bit of an oversimpification, but even comparing 8100 at what; $70-$80 for 4lts; it kills it at $50-$55 for 5lts?

It's a shame they didn't push the Sougi harder; even the Syn-x 6000 is bloody hard to get hold of; they're killing their own products with poor advertising & availability.

Edited by Daleo

I think Royal Purple do a group 4 and a group 5, and the group 4 is the one most readily available (my local Autobarn has it).

Changed mine before the track day for Valvoline SynPower 10W50 - no issues. Once I find my spare bottle of 300v, I'll be doing a post track day change, then looking to try something else.

I run Neo Syn Platinum 10w40. Great oil, reasonable price.

Also run a HKS oil filter cause it's pink :D

The Neo does look like a good option.

• 1 month later...

Has any one tried Amsoil 10-40was thinking of trying or their signature series 0-30w. They look like maybe ok after hearing about some numbers like can be changed every 7500km or every six months whick ever comes first.