SAU Community

Barbagallo Wascc Track Day

Bren444

Once again, a bloody awesome day with good people and good cars.

The 34 was an absolute handful with the new hp/torque on what was left of the old semi slicks to say the very least.

Great to meet you today Bryce. Look forward to seeing you and your beast again.

Pretty sure all of the skyline boys were putting down some fantastic driving today from what I saw and it made for some awesome fun mixing together regardless of hp and calibre of cars.

Jared - your flaming inferno exhaust just gets more and more ridiculous every time we see you lol We have some wicked footage of our cars together and - just as a rough look at the lap times, I'd say you are definitely consistent with 1;10's when you get a clear run, which is bloody awesome considering it's your second ever track race style event at Barbs with not the best 245 tyres, and you are dicing up a fair few V8's and saloon race cars (which really puts it in to perspective)

Cheers for a great day to the lads that could make it out and looking forward to catching up again soon.

Regards from the Blake boys

Hay guys, what a awesome day! There were really good laps getting pulled buy the rb boys. It was great meeting you Brendan and you dad :) looking faward to catching up with you guys again and seeing the Blake boyz monsters battling out :) got some good footage with the go pro of you and your dad with flames poping while I'm on the case doing what ever I can to keep up with your machines lol :) do you have a time on what you were doing Brendan? Coz according to go pro If I got a clean run I was getting 1:09, so you and your old man would be coming alot under that time. Cheers Bryce

Good stuff. We got some good footage also. I'm hoping I'll hear back from Jared at some point because I think he will have some awesome GoPro vids.

Looking at the vids, it seems a rough best lap time for a clear lap for Geoff was low 67, maybe high 66. Rough best lap times for me seem to be in the high 67 range. But consistent clear lap times were more like 67-68 for Geoff and 68-69 for me. Will be interesting to see if the times come down a bit when I put some fresh rubber on and Geoff services his brakes for the next track day haha

Just FYI everyone; The next track day we are planning on attending is Saturday the 29th June

Good stuff Bryce. Hope it goes straight forward for you mate.

Assuming you mean 5th July ;-) I'll be away at work for that one.

Still contemplating whether or not I will compete at the speed event time attack on 13 July - at this stage I'm just getting used to the car and just seeing if it holds together. I've got a few minor issues to sort out after that track day just gone.

I'm now booked in for a gearbox replacement so hopefully I'll be able to pull 5th gear down the straight at next track day :-)
Also got new tyres and a rocker cover oil baffle kit on the way so everything should be 100% for the 29th, touch wood.

Keep in touch lads

Oops! Sorry, Yeah July is what I meet :) is that the LF series your thinking about going in Brendan? sounds good all the stuff going on, can't wait to see the blue rocket in action again :) IV come to it that I'm going to take my car off the road , and have it back on for august track day, got a few mods going on and do my set up :) so it will be a bummer missing out in some racing, but I'll will still come down and be media crew on the 29th :) to capture the rb's in action.

• 2 weeks later...

I am one happy camper right now :-) The R34 is back from the workshop and the boys went ahead and did a few extra things for me that I was going to do. New R888's to be fitted tomorrow and a bit of tinkering and I'm organised and ready for track day number 2 ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hay guys, I know it's a while away but I'm heading out on the 23rd of August track day. Will any one be attending? My car has been off the road but will be back in action for then, and I can't wait to try it out, as its getting a few mods done :) hope to see some rb's in action out the there. cheers Bryce

• 4 weeks later...