SAU Community

Sinista's R34 Gtr

Yeh dont worry they have been more than good to me for the tuning of the haltech and other work.

Yeh it certainly gets there quick and yes happy with how the car drives. To sort out a little bit of fuel economy im going to get the haltech wideband dual controller kit.

Just curious as to how the Haltech wideband dual controller kit will improve your fuel economy, surely it was tuned using a lambda sensor of some sort... and how much improvement/saving in fuel consumption you will/should get? Say it again.... nice car ;-)

Just curious as to how the Haltech wideband dual controller kit will improve your fuel economy, surely it was tuned using a lambda sensor of some sort... and how much improvement/saving in fuel consumption you will/should get? Say it again.... nice car ;-)

This is where the haltech makes it a pretty special ecu. The haltech with the wide band kit allows the tuner to put in target AFR at whatever RPM and the computer will automatically adjust for that AFR all the time. So basically its kind of like having the car being fine tuned all the time that your driving and however your driving.

And thanks mate

I think you need some mesh for the front bar!

Btw, did you end up getting the wing blade from the group or..?

Yeh I did kylie I just have to pick it up...and no front mesh, in real life looks great with the big intercooler out the front

Wouldn't that mean that the tune needs to be a long way off to get any sort of real gain? What your refering to is closed loop lambda control and even STD GTR ecu's do this but only to a certain extent. Can i ask what your consumption was before and what it is now? If your getting about 13lts per 100kms its about right for your mods and power, if its 15+ its not good not only for your pocket but also your engine. Cheers

Yeh I did kylie I just have to pick it up...and no front mesh, in real life looks great with the big intercooler out the front

Im in this dilema atm, Ive got the mesh ordered and powdercoated but big shiny intercooler looks very tough in person. Shame the police dont seem to agree with me though =/

Wouldn't that mean that the tune needs to be a long way off to get any sort of real gain? What your refering to is closed loop lambda control and even STD GTR ecu's do this but only to a certain extent. Can i ask what your consumption was before and what it is now? If your getting about 13lts per 100kms its about right for your mods and power, if its 15+ its not good not only for your pocket but also your engine. Cheers

Not really no.. It will hold a target afr at all load points, not just cruise like a stock ecu... even then the stock only see's a very slim window of afr. As air temp, intake temp, engine temp and load varies, so dose afr... it's difficult to simulate all these conditions on a dyno. The other thing is that most ecu's can't compensate between load cells, they switch from one to the next, where target arf doesn't really care what load cell your in.

means your car is as crisp and as fun as possible, while still being very safe.

it's one of the reasons I went with haltech.

• 9 months later...

Been a long time since I updated this.

Anyway since all the mod upgrades it has been running like a dream. I since added soem 2 piece front rotors and hawl performance ceramic pads all round. Other thank that its just been enjoying the car. Its still making the same power is healthy and immaculate as ever.

8046419876_e264274bca_o.jpg

8062274007_c252aa3201_o_zpscefbbc49.jpg

Beautiful car Dan and also beautiful photos.

White on black is a really nice combination.

Cheers,

Ants

Edited by Ants

• 4 weeks later...

Very very nice Dan, congrats.

This ->" Its such a great car and a pleasure to drive."

I get the same feeling in my 32. Solid and a pleasure to drive.

It's clear your car is your passion too.

BTW - Your thread subject popped up this morning and I thought I had an R34 GTR :rofl2:

:ph34r: