SAU Community

Finding Nismo

Looks great man!

You need Nismo LMGT4 wheels now :laugh:

Ha, yeah. Was looking for a set for ages, but went with my second choice a set of 18 inch bbs lm's, which are being fitted now!

My car at Nismo

JF0S2852.jpg

JF0S2857.jpg

This adds new meaning to the term "Finding Nismo" !!! Hahaaa.

Those lists Brad, Nick, Adam, Kristian, Simon, Marcus and others demostrate just how many Nismo-Nuts there really are!!!!

Interesting to observe too that discontinued Nismo items seem to retain their value (depending on condition).

Can someone let us know how to get to Nismo Omori let's say, after getting out of Narita Airport hehe...?

What are the times of opening? How long should one spend inside there?

What can we see there > touch there > shop for there?

Nismo's Testing Track?

For me (Dec last year), I had to google the directions and opening hours when i was in Japan lol.

You could spend max about 45mins there i reckon.

Its really a small nismo shop off with glass through to the workshop. They did have some cool nismo gear there but and I bought a few things.

Anything really specific to the car model, then they may have to order it in.

But after talking to them in engrish the best I could and showing them my GTR on my iphone, I asked to see inside the workshop but they didnt want to (may have been language barrier aswell). So i Started asking about the S-Tune and R-Tune motors inside the workshop, the guy then showed me through the workshop in which I got to see, ask about and have a good look over, S-Tune and R Tune motors, The Z tune demo car, The 370 demo car and the new GTR race car they have.

Which i wet my pants over.

Althoguh I knew most of the specs and rough prices of some of the motors etc, I asked heaps of questions and they were more than happy to show me about.

Although it is rather small, just seeing the nismo building and all the cool nismo stuff was well worth it, and being a diehard GTR fan i just loved the place lol.

Me and my mrs also took a walk around the outside of the building see different nismo symbols the rear wing of a yellow 400r on the 3rd floor, plus there was a nice pond/garden out the back.

Nismo testing track...have to ask the guys like marcus etc

Nice man!

What are the wheels in the pic?

They look Bee*R / Drift Tek...

Yep, just Drift teks....

I've been to Omori factory 3 times now, first time was about 3 years ago, and they had the showroom right at the front. Was quite good, lots to look at, but then they moved it into a kinda side room, and they only have a limited supply of stuff, i think you have to order stuff from them, cant just get it right then and there.

Shinagawa is the main station to get to, which is a pretty big station, and easy to find on the toyko rail map, then change at shinagawa, cant remember the line, but Omori kaigan is the station you want, its only 2 or 3 stations away. You cant miss the Nismo sign!

Damn Marcus!!! Top photo though!!

I have a few bits and pieces.

- plenum

- in tank pump

- rear wing cap thingos

- steering rack bushes

- Radiator cap

- gear nob

- engine and gearbox mounts

- coppermix c spec clutch

- slave cylinder

- floor mats

- dash

- the 3 centre gauges on a r33

- panel filter

- intercooler

- R tune suspension. (Ohlins with Nismo stickers and painted red)

I think that's it!

Hey, ^^^ that's groovy!

And already mentioned are...

OilCap.jpg

Like this luke ??

I got this one with my GTR and I have one similar to Terry's on it now, but different again...

OilCap.jpg

I have a third variation.

I presume mine is much older, photo coming shortly.

Oh No Simon!

Surely not this one that my OCD took off your car on Sunday whilst you were out?

OilCap-2.jpg

Don't worry! I put a rag in the hole!

I'd feel guilty otherwise...

Actually there's another recent version isn't there - looking somewhat like a - I dunno - a hub cap???

That black centred one of Richard looks you beaut tho'

Other stuff off the top of my head:

Front bar

Side skirts

Rear pods

CF rear diffuser

CF b pillar garnish

LMGT4 19x10.5"

LED tail lights

Weldina exhaust (twin through to the rear diff)

Air intake pipe

Oil cooler

Radiator

Various caps

100mm intercooler

Super Coppermix twin plate

S-tune suspension

Gear knob

MFD upgrade

Gauge cluster

Mats

Oh No Simon!

Surely not this one that my OCD took off your car on Sunday whilst you were out?

Actually there's another recent version isn't there - looking somewhat like a - I dunno - a hub cap???

Thats it :)

Saves me taking a photo :D

The words below NISMO are slightly faded but the rest of the cap looks better condition :whistling:

Concensus = Terry, Chef man, and Marcus all not cool!

Have a few bits, but recently went looking for a genuine sticker like this one pictured As a replacement for mine on my boot lid in case i ever respray it (couple of little marks), and found them on yahoo JP for $80! One i saw had a price tag over $150!!

post-194-0-76345200-1338957291_thumb.jpg

Oh No Simon!

OilCap-2.jpg

Terry, thats the old NISMO logo. It's crappy and doesn't suit the R34, let me know when you want me to come by and pick it up ;)