SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

On day one of this build I was a little bit meh, same old same old but mate you've made all those blokes on the first few pages eat their words (and mine that thankfully I didn't put on paper!!). I hope they've since apologised!

This is truly and extremly thorough build and in 10 years will hopefully see this car worth twice any other 32 GTR out there.

Hats off to you on an inspiring build that is all about being brilliant at the basics.

Well done!

Drool... Keep it up bro!

Ha coming together quick now!! Last weekend of painting coming up...masking tape = FML

Robbie. You are doing a sensational job. It's almost there and soon you will be able to enjoy it mate ;)

Thanks man. It's understatement to say this build has consumed me. Nearly there hey, just so many little things to get sorted once she is all back together.

Hanging out for all the first's....

:cheers:

On day one of this build I was a little bit meh, same old same old but mate you've made all those blokes on the first few pages eat their words (and mine that thankfully I didn't put on paper!!). I hope they've since apologised!

This is truly and extremly thorough build and in 10 years will hopefully see this car worth twice any other 32 GTR out there.

Hats off to you on an inspiring build that is all about being brilliant at the basics.

Well done!

Thanks heaps Ewan. You're right, some wack comments were made considering the thread had only just been posted!?

Really appreciate your input mate. It's words like yours that give me the will to keep pushing on to get this done. As you could probably understand, at times it's hard to justify the time and effort...the hours that I have put into this build are pretty worrying but realistically that's what it takes to get a result that hopefully is worth it all in the end and will provide years and years of enjoyment/appreciation of achieving a dream.

I agree, I don't think it's unrealistic either that the bnr32 will appreciate in value over the next decade or 2 or 3...time will tell

Thanks again mate

More painting

IMG_7756.JPG

IMG_7757.JPG

IMG_7760.JPG

IMG_7763.JPG

IMG_7764.JPG

IMG_7768.JPG

IMG_7787.JPG

IMG_7789.JPG

IMG_7794.JPG

IMG_7795.JPG

Front end assembly!!!

IMG_7796.JPG

IMG_7798.JPG

Dummying up coilovers (ignore rears re spring layout). Need to order new OEM rear tops etc

IMG_7778.JPG

This took some time and patience!! Up late getting these done

IMG_7785.JPG

Sorting rear block off, just need a cap for fitting now

IMG_7783.JPG

N1 bottle in

IMG_7779.JPG

Checking coolant inlet for fowling..fits in nicely..LIKE A GLOVE!!

IMG_7781.JPG

Bov's ready

IMG_7802.JPG

Diff nearly there

IMG_7759.JPG

Dummying up coilovers (ignore rears re spring layout). Need to order new OEM rear tops etc

IMG_7778.JPG

Why do you want new OEM rear tops etc? Just get some ISC tops similar to whaterver you have at the front. The stock tops dont work well with the 65mm spring.

Are the springs all 200mm long because a 5kg/mm 8" front sprng is a little short on travel.

I probably missed it but what brand of top did you buy? Rubber or bearing type?

Edited by djr81

I get a chubby everytime i read these new updates.

Looks amazing Robbie.

Hahaha and the best is yet to come mate! Cheers Damien, holding my breath everything goes to plan...

Why do you want new OEM rear tops etc? Just get some ISC tops similar to whaterver you have at the front. The stock tops dont work well with the 65mm spring.

Are the springs all 200mm long because a 5kg/mm 8" front sprng is a little short on travel.

I probably missed it but what brand of top did you buy? Rubber or bearing type?

Thanks for the input Richard, greatly appreciated. Ordered the ISC tops for the rears. Will reply to you via PM asap mate

No photos yet, have been flat out with this and will aim to get some updates up tonight....

f**kn A1 top job i will be following this build.

Thanks mate, good to hear

Few more new bits

IMG_7804.JPG

IMG_7806.JPG

IMG_7809.JPG

IMG_7824.JPG

IMG_7854.JPG

Box bushes in

IMG_7818.JPG

Clutch line in

IMG_7837.JPG

A/c fan done

IMG_7822.JPG

IMG_7823.JPG

New studs in

IMG_7846.JPG

New injector resistor pack :yes:

IMG_7847.JPG

Hood latch assembly done

IMG_7855.JPG

Fitting up braces

IMG_7862.JPG

Full props to you, this is a great restoration! :yes:

Thanks heaps James!

Going to rebuild those calipers while they are apart?

Sure am mate

Oh, snazzy.

Did you get that boot mechanism zinc plated?

Ha yep bonnet mechanism done in zinc coating

IMG_7938.JPG

IMG_7947.JPG

IMG_7950.JPG

IMG_7958.JPG

IMG_7957.JPG

Done...finally

IMG_7940.JPG

IMG_7943.JPG

IMG_7944.JPG

Fitting up new N1 front reo

IMG_7949.JPG

Rears done

IMG_7946.JPG

Edited by $$slowmedown

Wow looking good mate

Cheers David, starting to take shape now!

Thats so awesome mate! I wish i had a lot of money to make this with the VSpecII-Chassi in our Workshop!!!!

Thanks Kevin, haha just get work to pay for the parts?! You do the labour....

IMG_7996.JPG

IMG_7963.JPG

IMG_7964.JPG

IMG_7966.JPG

IMG_7970.JPG

IMG_7971.JPG

IMG_7976.JPG

IMG_7978.JPG

IMG_7980.JPG

IMG_7987.JPG

IMG_7984.JPG

IMG_7997.JPG