SAU Community

Shoota's R33 GT-R RB30/26

10 hours ago, OST Micah said:

What a thread! Great read over he past couple days. Hope this gets together soon.

I have a Speedtech gearset myself (no plate) on standby waiting for time to assemble. Thanks for the info on the quality of the kit.

Cheers mate, appreciate it!  Thanks for taking the time to read my meandering dribble!

It’s probably one of the oldest ‘active’ builds with the least amount of work ever done!  I’m sure the system has come close to auto-archiving my thread a few times due to lack of updates!

Fingers crossed I can ignore my motorbike for a month or so and I can smash out a few updates, stay tuned....

• Haha 1

Also @OST Micah fingers crossed the Speedtek gear set works out for the both of us!  There was a lot of pressure by other forum members not to do it so personally I will look like a massive dick if mine turns to poo!  I’ll cop every single “I told you so” on the chin if needed! 🤣

9 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Can we get back to press mods please. I have been  patiently waiting, all this gearbox talk has really derailed it . 😃

🤣 Press mods are on hold for now!  Unfortunately I’m being distracted by a bloody Skyline. Much rather be working on the press....

• Like 1

Right,  so I'm not going to claim this as a massive milestone but I only had about an hour to work on the car over the weekend but rather than sit there staring at it I actually did a little thing!

I'm going to run an emap (exhaust manifold pressure) sensor so drilled a hole in the manifold, ground a weld on flange to match the shape of the pipes on the manifold, and welded the sucker on. Can tell I haven't tigged anything for a loooooong time as it was a bit shaky to start with. Not pretty but it'll hold!

In other developments- procrastinating over fitting a PRP engine brace while the engine is still out (means fully disassembling engine again if I do...), going drive by wire single throttle body (plenty of reasons why and probably just as many why not!) and also contemplating a bigger/better surge tank and fuel setup as I'm pretty confident mine won't be sufficient. 

More money, more delays, more excuses...

Anyway. Let's hope this is the first tiny little step in the direction of progress!

20210509_171737.jpg

20210509_173309.jpg

20210509_173517.jpg

20210509_173721.jpg

• Like 5

Monthly commissions in, monthly commissions out....

PRP Block Brace ordered.

141113274_PRPBrace.thumb.jpg.061e754d66dfe3cf7c89e32c7bcabc1f.jpg

IMR single throttle body with Bosch DBW ordered.

Rb26dett single throttlebody plenum

Bummer.  I may have just added another few years to this build....  Apologies to anyone that actually cared if it got on the road over the next 2 years! 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ben C34 said:

What! After all the work on your manifold you arent going to use it. Were you worried it would explode?

Was hoping no one would remember that! 😂

I’ll definitely use it, just not on this car. I spent too much time on it to desert it completely!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Looney_Head said:

those that follow this comedy thread never forget :P

Ha ha, yeah it has become a bit of a joke!

Luckily half of the original followers have either unsubscribed or died over the 9 years or there would be even more upset people! 🤣

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I reckon your car will be done when we can all get historic plates on our cars.

Speaking of which, mine isn't any closer to ready either lol.. just bought a bunch of extra shit for no reason too 😅

It's this year isn't it?  I think I'm running out of time!

Extra shit is never for no reason, whachoo talkin bout?  There is always a reason to buy more parts!  I've said it many times before, I rather buy shit than bolt it on!

• Haha 1

This doesn't really feel like progress but I guess it is...

Stripping the motor down to prepare for the arrival of the PRP engine brace. Want to be ready to send the bottom end off for machining as soon as the brace arrives. 

It's only run for a fairly short amount of time but everything looks pretty good in there so far in terms of bearings and the pistons. The Teflon coating on the pistons has worn off quicker than I would have expected. 

Feels good to spend a bit of time out in the shed again. 

Needs a bloody good tidy up though.....

20210515_180905.jpg

20210515_202238.jpg

20210515_222352.jpg

20210515_222409.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

The goodies have started arriving from my spend up.

PRP block brace-

20210603_141427.thumb.jpg.567465d9d1222cc2cbb1d80e95d1f2fe.jpg

Will hopefully get the machining work I'll be doing on the block done this weekend before I send it off to the machinist next week for the machining of the bottom of the girdle to match the brace.

Plazmaman fuel rail (just 'cause they look nice! 😁)-

20210603_141747.thumb.jpg.76c0e7e135a1d7cd7f6b4274d6d7b372.jpg

And finally (for this week....) the stunning IMR intake and Bosch 85mm drive by wire throttle body-

20210603_142639.thumb.jpg.3ad6b7280707f2156118528ffdd7b049.jpg

20210603_142659.thumb.jpg.3d02d15b46f9fa28f18b19328d2e5ecd.jpg

20210603_142632.thumb.jpg.5357595f6a5d7968806a31c93cb563bd.jpg

Waiting on an AN braided heater hose replacement kit plus a heap of other AN fittings, hardiness, etc. 

I'm most likely going to ditch the under car surge tank with dual Bosch 044's and go with a Frenchy's Performance dual pump intake set-up instead. Will mean having to run a single AN8 hard-line from the tank to the engine bay before splitting off in two for each side of the fuel rail but its just so much neater that way. They claim surge free supply for cars up to 1000HP so that's well and truly good enough for me!

I think thats it for now. Time to start getting into it!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

If you need Wallahbros let me know, I can try price beat :)

No worries mate, I think Frenchys charge about $200 a pump for the F90000274 Walbros so if you can do it for that I’ll get them from you.  Probably mid this month.