SAU Community

Sau A.c.t. - What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Yep. I need to do some driving this weekend to use my fuel up, want fresh fuel for next weekend.

Will take some if I pull them out to put them in. They're all boxed and wrapped up. Brand new and perfect though.

Next thing I need to buy for the interior is these as mine are well f**ked! http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/genuine-nissan-pitwork-cpillar-interior-trim-set-nissan-skyline-r32-gtr-gts-gts25-gts4-gtst-door-p-1557.html

Yeah i need to buy a set of those as well.

The GTR will be coming off the road next year for quite a while (probably the whole year) so im doing the interior then.

Why don't you buy ( you might already have??) a fuel tank drain kit kat? So you don't waste fuel for the sake of it, drain it and stick it in the tow mobile.

Driving the GTR to empty $40 fuel out of it is hardly a chore.... lol

Usually I'd drive the GTR to the event using the fuel I wanted gone then stick fresh stuff in it but this time it's going up on the trailer.

Driving the GTR to empty $40 fuel out of it is hardly a chore.... lol

Usually I'd drive the GTR to the event using the fuel I wanted gone then stick fresh stuff in it but this time it's going up on the trailer.

And so the Trailer life commences......

$40 worth of fuel. Suppose, thats 10 minutes worth

It's just too much of a pain in the ass to worry about breaking it.

At Cootamundra this year after I did the transfer case I took it a lot easier than normal cause in the back of my mind I always think how i want to drive it home.

Tempted to drive it but I'd rather travel up with Pete rather than having to take 2 cars.

Rain gods were kind! Gated all around town! Supplies gathered (plugs, oil filter, power steering belt), errands run!

Got stalked out in Fyshwick by a random tradie that followed me to Motor Spares!! He seemed harmless but was a little scary!!

Hmmm might need to dig out my rattle gun or wait for Pete to get home...My girl hands can't get my seat bolts out and I have a nice bruise forming and scrape on my arm courtesy of the GTR...

=(

tried using your feet? Sounds funny but legit

Funny... The hard one to get out went straight back in easy and the easy one to get out is now being a bitch to get back in.

I don't have much patience I can see why I usually pay to get shit done!

probably telling you how to suck eggs, but make sure you don't crossthread it.

Funny... The hard one to get out went straight back in easy and the easy one to get out is now being a bitch to get back in.

I don't have much patience I can see why I usually pay to get shit done!

I say that every time I work on my car....

Haha very wary of crossthreading, all good!

But yes, my delicate hands were not made to work on the GTR. I have 2 small grazes, a bump on my arm and a small chunk of skin missing from my finger but GTR now has fire extinguisher!!

Busy with the charade.

New shocks installed. New pads installed. Tranny oil. Degreased engine bay and searched for source of oil leak but can't see anything yet.

I feel like I need a bucket seat with this car haha. So much body roll!

Time for rego inspection :)

• Like 1

Mad! Busy People gettin' busy. :thumbsup:

Funny you should say that about body roll Chris, surprisingly little in the SkyHatch, even with what I suspect are the 24 year old stock shocks. :D

Reset the ECU lastnite, drove to work and back and checked for Fault Codes this arvo. ALL is GOOD!

Redid the positive battery terminal connections and now I can fit the insulation cover dealy over it properly.

Removed the remaining rego sticker.

Might go the Vac, Wash n Polish tomorrow.

Edit* May have gotten myself a secondhand Haynes Manual for cheaps too. ;)

• Like 1

Haha very wary of crossthreading, all good!

But yes, my delicate hands were not made to work on the GTR. I have 2 small grazes, a bump on my arm and a small chunk of skin missing from my finger but GTR now has fire extinguisher!!

Yay! Good stuff, get into it.

Delicate fingers are better than all thumbs!

Funny you should say that about body roll Chris, surprisingly little in the SkyHatch, even with what I suspect are the 24 year old stock shocks. :D

Might go the Vac, Wash n Polish tomorrow.

:( Think I'll have to get myself some lower springs ;)

That's my plan too.

Paint job on the car is a bit strange. Looks good/original in some spots and some spots are patchy and look like they've had a dodgy repeat.

We'll see how she comes up :)