SAU Community

Sau A.c.t. - What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Not sure about the 'slap' .... as with women I often found a gentle caress in the right spot could create a spark. :rolleyes:

could be moisture in the joint

LOL! *Mental Note* Rub the interior til she lights up and releases moisture.

Got it. :laugh: Thank you Gentlemen.

Trimmed some of the rubber intake pipe where it had perished through and put a better hose clamp on it and wiped out the throttle body while I was there.

Tightened the rocker cover bolts slightly, wiped up a little oily dirt around it and tightened a few clamps around the place.

Attached the grill properly cause one of the clips was not sitting properly.

Applied a few cable ties here and there in the bay and cleaned the terminal for the Temp Gauge Sensor.

Pulled out the Back Seat, I didn't find any treasures but found there was an unopened Beer in with the Spare Wheel and $2.15 in coins under the passengers seat.

Found a remote for the stereo but the Stereo isn't working ATM and I need to find a Fuse Box Diagram as the lid is missing.

Adjusted the striker plates so the drivers side doors sit flush.

SkyHatch Rocks! :D

• Like 1

Looks the Goods Chris! :thumsbup:

What's the best method? I've never tried the mild acids myself but I'm curious to have a go.

After umming and ahhing I decided to go straight for the wet sand because it was pretty bad.

I had previously tried soft steel wool but that wasn't good enough.

Soaking the wheel nuts in coke overnight meant I could just wipe all the corrosion away off of those ;)

I imagine if I had enough coke to do the wheels the same thing would happen.

Been SkyHatchin'. :D

Today I changed the Oil (Penrite), Filter and Fuel Filter.

Yesterday I chucked some Nulon Intake Cleaner thru and a bottle of Nulon Injector Cleaner.

Also Set the Timing to Factory Spec (100 BTDC), checked ECU for Fault Codes (had 3 which I think I caused by unplugging things) :rolleyes: but I'll reset and see.

and cause it's Easier than on an RB, I did a Compression test. All 4 near 120 psi. Not sure if this is Low but at least they are very similar.

Put a spare Relay in an empty socket and now the Thermo Fans work and I twiddled the Elecky plug for the Rear Window washer and it now works too.

Known things that will need fixing:

Rear Garnish needs some glue on one of the mounts.

Rear Demister wire has come away from the glass.

1 exhaust mani stud is gone.

1 or both driveshafts are noisey (CV joints).

Front engine mount is broken.

Door locks will need replacing as they have had a screwdriver forced into them. :mad:

Needs a good degrease underneath too. (hopefully nothing too major oil leak wise). :unsure:

• Like 1

Been SkyHatchin'. :D

Today I changed the Oil (Penrite), Filter and Fuel Filter.

Yesterday I chucked some Nulon Intake Cleaner thru and a bottle of Nulon Injector Cleaner.

Also Set the Timing to Factory Spec (100 BTDC), checked ECU for Fault Codes (had 3 which I think I caused by unplugging things) :rolleyes: but I'll reset and see.

and cause it's Easier than on an RB, I did a Compression test. All 4 near 120 psi. Not sure if this is Low but at least they are very similar.

Put a spare Relay in an empty socket and now the Thermo Fans work and I twiddled the Elecky plug for the Rear Window washer and it now works too.

Known things that will need fixing:

Rear Garnish needs some glue on one of the mounts.

Rear Demister wire has come away from the glass.

1 exhaust mani stud is gone.

1 or both driveshafts are noisey (CV joints).

Front engine mount is broken.

Door locks will need replacing as they have had a screwdriver forced into them. :mad:

Needs a good degrease underneath too. (hopefully nothing too major oil leak wise). :unsure:

Nice work Rob, beats my effort ..... I installed a very nice K&N air filter :closedeyes: ... oh well, I tried!!

The shitty fuel from the other week seems to be almost out of its system.

More goodies arrived the other day...

post-92069-0-99668200-1410252125_thumb.jpg

And Installed Braided Radiator overflow line.

Engine bay is starting to sit really nicely. Still heaps more work to do

What's the bet if I take mine out today it's going to rain?

Bracket for fire extinguisher is on board with driver so should arrive today.

I had another crazy idea, I might install my brand new door cards on the weekend. Still in boxes and plastic from Nissan!

What's the bet if I take mine out today it's going to rain?

Bracket for fire extinguisher is on board with driver so should arrive today.

I had another crazy idea, I might install my brand new door cards on the weekend. Still in boxes and plastic from Nissan!

Well mine is out of the garage so if you do i think it will be a karma overload. Though the weather just says cloudy today.

Pics of said doorcards? :woot:

Yep. I need to do some driving this weekend to use my fuel up, want fresh fuel for next weekend.

Will take some if I pull them out to put them in. They're all boxed and wrapped up. Brand new and perfect though.

Next thing I need to buy for the interior is these as mine are well f**ked! http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/genuine-nissan-pitwork-cpillar-interior-trim-set-nissan-skyline-r32-gtr-gts-gts25-gts4-gtst-door-p-1557.html