SAU Community

Sau A.c.t. - What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Loveley suspension in the Forester. Very nice.

Seats, and everything are good, cant compare to the old commercial vehicle Navara.

Im sure he will love it, they have nice 4wd handling too.

:yes:

Turbo?

Yep, now I just need the more power bit!
I imagine a torquey 400kw and drag radials would destroy the old driveshafts. GTR rear end should be next to unbreakable. I hope.

I'm going to need an alignment too with adjustable toe and camber just whacked in to get it rolling. Craig Hall should be able to sort it out :)

Dont get anything with rose joints, stick with proper ball joints and bushes.

Firstly the rubber boots dont last because its the wrong shape/design, boots get too stretched and twisted.

Secondly the joints wear out very quickly.

So you end up having to re buy those bits in 6 months, (this time the good expensive ones) and its a terrible waste of cash.

I have had: Driftworks, Just Jap, and Hardrace rose joints sht themselves. Good thing about Hardrace is they have the option: bush or rose.

Driftworks do a nice Hicas lock, yet their castor rod braces are total crap.

Nice work btw...... :thumbsup:

Picked it up!

Bought this little Charade to fix up and use as a daily.

It's gonna need a bit of work haha.

Shocks need replacing. Damaged rims and bald tyres. Brake pedal goes to the floor. No dash lighting. Drivers seatbelt constantly locks. Drivers seat flexes as you lean into it. Crappy tinting that's peeling off. Front grill is just sitting in place. And then just general human slime... :/

It's gonna be a mad little beast when I'm done! :D

post-109116-14096478662275_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Working on the charade today. Swapped passenger and driver side locks as the driver one was well worn. Pulled door cards out and am giving everything a good clean. Removed tint from passenger side windows and rear window. De-stickered the back end.

Ordered new shocks, tempted to get some king springs at some stage to take 20-30mm off it ;)

• Like 1

Do it! Kings aren't the best but they work. :D

Dad got the Forester today, Sad to say goodbye to the Navara.

That car (owned for nearly 20 years) has been part of Every House Move I have ever had starting from the age of 19. :(

So Happy for him n Mum to have a Loverly Upgrade though.

He stalled it twice leaving the Caryard. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Finished cleaning the interior and put the seats and plastics all back in. New drivers door handle, new dash lights, new tyres and new oil.

Plugs, leads, coolant flush, shocks and brakes to go.

Gettin close to getting this thing in a drivable condition! :)

Looking forward to getting into it! Best part is it cost me 35 bucks for a tank today and a drive back from Sydney only used 1/5th of a tank haha!

My maths say that's less than 2L/100km lol

I spend last night installing BM50 and gtr rear brakes, bleed, refit exhaust with modified hanger because GTR cradle is a bit different, tighten all bolts on draveshafts (really shouldve done that before refitting the exhaust!) and put normal wheels back on. Wheel alignment thismorning :)

• Like 1

Couldn't resist this for Cheap...

post-78856-0-11359200-1409993128_thumb.jpg as is...post-78856-0-75264600-1409993133_thumb.jpg washed.

post-78856-0-90518300-1409993138_thumb.jpg wheels off the Micra post-78856-0-10777700-1409993144_thumb.jpg

post-78856-0-63041900-1409993209_thumb.jpg her new family home.

1990 N13 Pulsar Q, 1.8L, 5 speed manual with Viscous LSD.

Has New Battery, Alternator, Distributor, Coil, Leads, Clutch, Brake Pads, Water pump, 3 months Rego. :woot:

Needs a little love but should be sweet. (dash lights no go, CV joint noise) so far...

SkyHatch it is!

It's either a SkyHatch or a HatchLine .....

Either way WTF, go for it, it is a PULSAR after all .. :rolleyes:

SOMEONE BUY MY R33 DAMN IT!!!

• Like 2