SAU Community

Antz 1994 R32 Gtr Project & Restoration

Ants

Yes that's true, though I thought it's likely to be that the bumper is a cheap copy not a genuine item.

ANYWAY, didn't mean to steal the attention from your car Anthony, I'm looking forward to seeing that engine in it's spot! What needs to be done before it goes in?

Well.... just need to bolt stuff on really. The TB's will need a good clean, replace nuts and bolts with new ones, new gaskets and fittings, putting Nismo twin plate clutch in, AN fittings for fuel rail and fuel regulator, turbos, manifold etc....

Basic but time consuming work.

• 3 weeks later...

I know guys.

I would have thought it would have been ready by now but alas its not :/ (its out of my hands)

I will however, endeavor to bring everyone more updates this week.

Cheers,

Anthony

Edited by Ants

On a side note....

After very briefly speaking to Gavin he advised that this Green GTST (GTR wannabe)

IMG_1710_zps99eccce9.jpg

does actually support a full front R34 GTR front end i.e. front bumper, front fenders and hood are all genuine R34 GTR parts.

It also has the all mighty RB26 under hood and as well as the front brakes also supports R34 Brembo rear brakes.

She is still 2wd though.

A real tripper.

Edited by Ants

Puts me off doing the conversion... That looks pretty average in my opinion. The fitment of the front end is awful, I've got better fitment with my cheap copy fibreglass bumper :/

Alright,

So after speaking to Gavin Wood I need to replace my heater and coolant hoses as the OEM ones are stuffed!

I do prefer getting new Nissan OEM ones but I don't think Nissan sell them as kit and have no doubt in my mind that they would be asking drug money for each part.

I have seen silicon hose kits for cheap with but heard stories of them weeping.

What do you guys recommended and where can I get a good kit from?

Go Nissan oem for sure - someone does a kit I think maybe kudos or something. The silicon ones vary in quality and its not fun (for the poor sap you pay to do it) trying to get to the ones under the intake plenum

Yeah I would love to know what the price would be too. I bought a just jap kit and haven't had any problems lol but my car hasn't ran more that 20 minutes so not a great help to you. I think the Samco kits are supposed to be pretty good and they're not too expensive other than that get a just jap kit but buy all the little under plenum hoses from nissan and just use the easy to get to hoses from just jap. Thats what I would've done if I had my time around (and the price wasn't too prohibitive)

I replaced all my hoses earlier this year and at he time couldn't find any kits in Aus.

I ended up getting the cheap Autobahn88 ones from the UK and haven't had an issue yet. Still cost me a pretty penny to have the kit supplied and fitted.

Bah, I've had silicon hoses on my car for 3 years and they haven't leaked or weeped a drop. Seen a few track days in that time, and I've cut the top hose to fit a water temp adapter, which would make it a bit weaker. If you can get Nissan OEM hoses for a decent price then do that, but if they want to charge you a packet for them then don't be afraid of silicon.

Well it bloody had to happen to me!

IMG_1792_zpsc343ea0e.jpg

got a phone call from the Gavin Wood Autotech workshop and it wasn't a pleasant one to hear I tell you.....

approximately between 3-4am this morning the workshop was broken into and these scum bags decided to not only steal Gav's tuning laptop but predominately flog my performance parts :verymad:

Parts missing are as follows:

3 x HKS big capacity 1,000cc injectors (including wiring)

Apexi PFC + HC

tomei adjustable fuel pressure regulator (type L including fittings)

Bosch fuel filter

Polyurethane exhaust hangers (x3)

Nismo big operating slave cylinder

Nismo clutch racing release fork pivot

Nismo Racing Thermostat

HPI braided clutch line

Nismo Super Copermix Twin Plate Clutch Kit (Pull type fits 94 Model R32 GTR)

I am SO f@#@King pissed to say the least considering that Gav was in the middle of installing the above parts and I was really looking forward to finally get my car back.

Police reports have been filed but even they said it would be like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Please note that the all of the above parts are allegedly covered under the workshop insurance but if anyone has any information in relation to this break in or find similar parts for sale (on this forum or elsewhere) please pm me.

To those low lives out there who did this - a big F@#K YOU FROM ME.

mate, that is not good at all :( Hoping it all works out!

Will keep a look out.

Well it bloody had to happen to me!

got a phone call from the Gavin Wood Autotech workshop and it wasn't a pleasant one to hear I tell you.....

approximately between 3-4am this morning the workshop was broken into and these scum bags decided to not only steal Gav's tuning laptop but predominately flog my performance parts :verymad:

Please note that the all of the above parts are allegedly covered under the workshop insurance but if anyone has any information in relation to this break in or find similar parts for sale (on this forum or elsewhere) please pm me.

To those low lives out there who did this - a big F@#K YOU FROM ME.

oh my god.. that is bad news indeed.

you should start a new thread about the items. surely the SAU community member would be able to spot these selling off ebay / gumtree.

hopefully insurance comes through quickly.

mate, that is not good at all :( Hoping it all works out!

Will keep a look out.

thanks mate. Time will tell.

oh my god.. that is bad news indeed.

you should start a new thread about the items. surely the SAU community member would be able to spot these selling off ebay / gumtree.

hopefully insurance comes through quickly.

In my experience, insurance claims are a pain in the ass but more than happy to have them on board.

All of this is just prolonging my build which is what is pissing me off even more.

Yeah, you could be right maybe I should start another thread just for this.