SAU Community

Antz 1994 R32 Gtr Project & Restoration

Ants

Great choice in cars mate. Same as me. Au wagon daily and 32 GTR weekender.

Can't wait to see more progress.

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing the other day.

Got my Ford AU wagon which is so smooth that I could almost fall asleep driving it :turned:

It is such a practical car, I even think I may be able to use it as a tow car for the GTR.

Yep, I will be taking progress shots of the build as it goes along which is very exciting.

I'm hoping to do the same thing but the tow bar on the wagon at the moment is only rated to 1600kg so i need to get the bigger one.

I guess I will have to get a stronger toe bar then.

Thanks for the info.

Awesome. Exciting stuff :)

Look forward to the pics of the build.

Can't wait to see this thing come together, any idea of time frames yet...?

Bring on the pics Anthony!!

Yeah guys, me too!

Not sure on time frame yet, but will swing pass the workshop tomorrow, so hopefully can get some progress pics then.

Cheers,

Ants.

Edited by Ants

So I went passed the workshop yesterday.

Engine is almost out, and should be able to take pics early next week. So just need to be patient.

I'm kind of beside myself now because for the first time in 3 years I cannot do any work on my car! That's ok though because there is always something to do at my place!

I did however, managed to source some front outer dust / driveshaft boots for $19 each as the front RHS boot is split.

Peace.

I hope to get some pics tomorrow guys.....have been waiting as Gav is flat chat FTM :unsure:

Nothing worse than waiting right now....I miss my car :/

!!NEWS FLASH!!

Got a phone call from Gav today and told me to get to the workshop.

So here goes....

IMG_1711_zps71122a16.jpg

An array of cars waiting outside Gav's workshop

IMG_1710_zps99eccce9.jpg

There's something about this green GTR that I like but can't quiet figure it out yet :dry:

IMG_1724_zpsb3b584b5.jpg

In the red corner weighing in at 450hp is my old engine which is finally out.....and yes it will be for sale :P

IMG_1713_zpsb877e729.jpg

in the blue corner weighing in at xxxhp is the Tomei Advance Spec RB26 replacement engine

Enjoy the rest guys

IMG_1712_zps45e481a1.jpg

IMG_1714_zps1febf4d4.jpg

It's an N1 block alright :turned:

IMG_1727_zpsc2540f1c.jpg

IMG_1726_zps820036cb.jpg

IMG_1721_zps2826f01b.jpg

Not an N1 oil pump....but Nismo

IMG_1715_zps6e8ddf4f.jpg

That's it for now guys

Next update will have new engine back in the car with the all necessary ancillaries and maybe a tune :w00t:

Edited by Ants

FU CK ING AWESOME man! Cant wait to see what this will do.

Thanks man.

I can't wait either, but all good things take time.

It's really good to finally realize something I have been wanting to do for a looooooooooooooong time.

Next couple of weeks are going to be very tantalizing.

Nice!

btw did the oil pump come with the engine? If so wonder why Tomei didn't use their own?

Anyhow. Looking forward to how everything goes!!

Must remember that the advance spec is the little brother of the Genesis RB28. So it does not come with the Tomei Oil Pump and extended sump.

I did enquirer about getting it put on when I purchased it - but decided to deal with that at a later stage.

Nismo oil pump is better than N1 so I am happy with that..... for now.

Just need to be patient now (as hard as that can be :woot: ) and let Gav do his magic.

Edited by Ants

Is what you like about that green GTR the fact that it's clearly a GTT with a GTR badge? :P Engine looks fantastic man!

Ahhhhh someone has keen eyes!

Yes, it is a GTT.

However, it not only has the GTR badge it has a full font end kit on it i.e. bumper, fenders and hood. Brakes are also from R34 GTR.

Not sure what's under hood yet, but I will ask Gav to find out :P

Thanks for the nice comments.

Can't wait t'il its all done.

Are you sure it has GTR fenders? They look like GTT to me, but then the front bar matches up quite well. So either the front bar has been modified, or they are GTR fenders like you say and my eyes aren't quite as keen as they should be :P Even the bonnet looks like it has been chopped rather than a factory GTR one, but that could just be an issue with the catch that throws the fitment out.