SAU Community

Antz 1994 R32 Gtr Project & Restoration

Ants

So I could not get much done last weekend as I was doing a much needed service on my Ford Falcon POS (was the first time I ever done it but paid off really well :yes: ).

I did however managed to paint the exhaust heat shield after I sanded them

IMG_1117_zps9b7b9f26.jpg

IMG_1551_zps0c3151da.jpg

IMG_1553_zpsc9a94877.jpg

IMG_1554_zps34de8739.jpg

Just have one more exhaust to shield to clean (and probably sand as well) and paint

still waiting for more parts from Japan to arrive, once it is here I will of course post pics but then the car will go to Gavin Wood Autotech to be put together and run-in tune, which I can't wait to see :banana:

Edited by Ants

Surprise time!!!! Received this today :woot:

IMG_1568_zps12f17fac.jpg

IMG_1572_zps672a143f.jpg

HPI Clutch line

IMG_1574_zps3a643346.jpg

IMG_1576_zps6676aa22.jpg

Nismo big operating clutch cylinder

IMG_1573_zps64aea160.jpg

Nismo racing release fork pivot

I think you guys would have pretty much gathered that all the of the above is pretty much useless without this.....

IMG_1577_zpse698b13d.jpg

IMG_1578_zps3e07ca92.jpg

IMG_1579_zps70512b89.jpg

Neeeezmo Twin Prate Crutch :P rated @ 640ps (I wonder if I should of got the competition spec instead :glare: )

Lastly a little something that may / may not go on the car

IMG_1571_zps25417911.jpg

Cusco short antenna - carbon version (not even sure how this will fit the R32?)

Got a little more to come...peace :cool:

Isn't the r32 Gtr antenna in the front windscreen?

It is mate.

But you can relay the an antenna on the roof for better reception.

Well for me it kind of is.

Since my GTR has been off the road I have not been able to listen to the radio because my daily does not have a working radio or any music I can listen too (its an old car)

In addition to that when I installed my Sony DIN in the GTR I noticed how crappy the radio reception is (it's rather weak).

Anyways its not that important, rather more of a trivial item I guess.

I was more excited to get the clutch!

Edited by Ants

Nice clutch!

I wasn't going to buy anything else for my car till the re-build but now I'm tempted to buy a Nismo Slave Cylinder and Pivot Fork now.

Thanks! ;)

No worries mate.

Kind of cant wait to put that and everything else in the car, just been a bit hectic lately with family.

But all in all, is very good as we are expecting another little baby girl :turned:

Edited by Ants

Mount the aerial behind the grill between headlights somewhere, you don't need to see it for it to work :no:

Good idea Brett.

But for the moment will focus on putting the engine together first and get it tuned ;)

Edited by Ants

After seeing my good friend Robbie ($$slowmedown) going nuts with black wrinkle paint I thought I would do the same :woot: so :thanks: mate.

IMG_1585_zps13954d78.jpg

Radiator brackets without rubber grommet

IMG_1588_zps879cb6bb.jpg

Wrinkle painted

IMG_1591_zps0bd31a85.jpg

underside also done

IMG_1595_zps6ec65c30.jpg

IMG_1592_zps53cb724b.jpg

also got to do the final exhausts heat shield all cleaned and sanded down

IMG_1593_zps401e31d0.jpg

With F1 on and cyclonic winds this afternoon it was an achievement to get this painted outside but all done :miner:

Edited by Ants

Received this today

IMG_1596_zps696d5429.jpg

IMG_1597_zps343dc794.jpg

Brand new coolant overflow tank and new GENUINE N1 windscreen washer bottle - I will later show you guys know how to install this and remove the rear wiper + motor and how to blank the holes up properly on the rear windscreen ;)

Now this is going to be interest, because I accidentally used the wrong part number from my Nissan FAST program and got this instead of another item I wanted to get (also from N1 model)

IMG_1598_zps80a17e84.jpg

IMG_1599_zpsb4f84177.jpg

IMG_1600_zpsfa27a300.jpg

IMG_1601_zpscc317b6d.jpg

Genuine N1 assembly manual climate control - I have know idea if this is going to connect to the existing plugs or not but I guess I will let you guys know soon enough.

Now that I have it this part, I might make it worth while and remove a/c from the car and save more weight :woot: or I will just sell it to someone if its too difficult - has anyone done this before???

Anyways, I am waiting for another parcel which unfortunately is being held up as it was purchased in Australia - it seems that things from Japan arrive faster compared to ordering and purchasing in Australia which I just can't seem to understand :rant:

Great build thread!

I personally like the look of the stock R32 GTR climate control unit.

Where are you buying your Nissan parts from? Just your local dealer or online somewhere?

Cheers

Thanks mate.

I have to agree with you, the digital climate control does look more modern. But I will see if I can get it to work and if so, I will then proceed to remove the A/c system on the car :miner:

The only crappy thing is that Nissan no longer make the N1 control assembly finisher (the surrounding plastic) so I will see if I can source one second-hand or just fabricate one from carbon :dry:

Don't even bother with local dealers....I have sourced majority of my parts directly from Perfect Run Japan of whom I have now established a very good relationship. They do a sensational job and are very fast at sourcing and delivering parts at much cheaper prices than local dealers and highly recommend them :thumbsup:

And yes I have previously used Nissan here on the Gold Coast and purchased brand new R32 GTR front fenders, front bumper and lower lip which was out of this world f@#king expensive and took like 8 weeks to get here because they had none in stock at Melbourne warehouse....learned my mistake very quickly I tell you.

Plus with the strength of our AUD it is just cheaper to buy directly from Japan even after P&H, duties taken into consideration.

Great stuff mate.

Cheers for the reply. I'm doing a similar build with mine and am replacing a few of the worn out factory items with new genuine so that information is really good to know.

I look forward to seeing how you go with it all.

Chris

Big day today.....

Firstly I installed the new coolant tank reservoir

IMG_1607_zps8659572c.jpg

the decrepit reservoir next to the brand new coolant reservoir tank

IMG_1612_zpsb9062664.jpg

all installed :miner:

next up...

IMG_1613_zps464f33f3.jpg

IMG_1614_zpsfeb0e1b9.jpg

IMG_1615_zps24670cd1.jpg

I reinstalled the exhaust heat shields with new bolts, nuts and washers

then....

IMG_1621_zpsc0232f7f.jpg

after almost three years of being on jacks the car is finally back on terra firma

I am so happy to finally have it ready.... :sweat:

enjoy.....

IMG_1620_zps67db23d7.jpg

IMG_1619_zps4aa2bfd9.jpg

IMG_1617_zps9d9b0f8c.jpg

IMG_1618_zps7264d75e.jpg

IMG_1622_zpsc33f98b1.jpg

IMG_1623_zpsbac7af6a.jpg

next stop.....Gavin Wood Autotech :banana:

Nice build, love how meticulous you are when it comes to things. I waste more time painting and getting a nice finish on my car than i need to and make a half hour job take an hour or two. Its a disease.

By the way thanks for putting me onto perfect run. Wouldn't have known about them otherwise.
How would you rate their postage times? Are they easy transactions? Had any issues?
Their website makes it look easy to order things.

Cheers
Matt

Edited by Grimesy

Nice build, love how meticulous you are when it comes to things. I waste more time painting and getting a nice finish on my car than i need to and make a half hour job take an hour or two. Its a disease.

By the way thanks for putting me onto perfect run. Wouldn't have known about them otherwise.

How would you rate their postage times? Are they easy transactions? Had any issues?

Cheers

Matt

Perfect Run is awesome. They use EMS, best postal service I have ever used. Took 3 days fro the time of ordering for my HKS cam gear to arrive. Had a problem where I forgot to change my address before I placed the order, sent them an email and they were very good to deal with, sorted everything out no fuss, no delay.

Cheers

Matt

Yeah man I just spent the last our on perfect run website. I wouldnt of known about them otherwise either