SAU Community

Fixing That Damn M35 Airbag Light

bigkevracer

Posted up on the Stagea Facebook group, figured this should be here too. Zeroed out my airbag light! FINALLY! Leon can stop worrying, since he broke it :nyaanyaa:

Turn the key to the on position and watch the airbag light. It should stay solid for 5-7 seconds, then turn off, then start to flash.

To reset the light, turn the key to on (without starting the car), watch the airbag light stay solid for 5-7 seconds, and as soon as the airbag light goes out, turn the key to the off position. You must make sure you turn the key to off before the light starts flashing, or you have to start again.

You need to repeat this 5 times, then start the car. You should see the light stay on solid for 5-7 seconds, then turn off.

The flashing airbag light should be no more! Apparently this is the same procedure the V35 guys use, and has worked for a couple of us now.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hello Guys,

I had this bloody light issue for a while and after a while the key method just stopped working. .

I took mine to Mark @ Hills Motorsport in Hornsby and he fixed is no worries. .

Was a water damaged sensor thingy, most likely cause the leather detailer using too much liquid.

Apparently there are 11 SRS codes that prevent the airbags from deploying, and 9 that allow them to deploy. . . just a risk to guess which one. so I'm told.

FYI

Zeroed out my airbag light! FINALLY! Leon can stop worrying, since he broke it :nyaanyaa:

What? If you are referring to your ham fisted attempt to install the cruise control, then LOL. :)

Mine has been flashing since I got my car. I don't even notice it now

What? If you are referring to your ham fisted attempt to install the cruise control, then LOL. :)

Mine has been flashing since I got my car. I don't even notice it now

I don't know what youre talking about...

Maybe try this to clear it, and if it reappears look into what Jules was saying?

Thanks for that info Jules, but I knew what caused mine - not clipping the wire on when I removed it to fit the cruise control. I fixed it, but the light doesn't clear itself even if there is no longer any fault.

the instructions have been on the M35 info forum for ages. just an FYI :)

True story, I've seen it.

Maybe try this to clear it, and if it reappears look into what Jules was saying?

No amount of turning the key off & on is going to help me. My car is missing the ram thingys under the front seats. Yellow clips are there but no explosive bits. I've tried the airbag delete, aka u-turn harness, but no fixy.

True story, I've seen it.

No amount of turning the key off & on is going to help me. My car is missing the ram thingys under the front seats. Yellow clips are there but no explosive bits. I've tried the airbag delete, aka u-turn harness, but no fixy.

you could try and pull the sensors off one of the wrecks that are kicking around and fit them to your seat? They unbolt from the seat frame when you unclip the material cover and foam cushion

you could try and pull the sensors off one of the wrecks that are kicking around and fit them to your seat? They unbolt from the seat frame when you unclip the material cover and foam cushion

That ^, Dunc, is a sterling idea!

It all depends if anyone is willing to separate them from the seats for me (temporarily to try first I 'spose).

take the bulb out if all else fails

That would stop the annoying flash, but the lamp needs to be lit (& then extinguish) to pass rego check each year. I was thinking about a light on a timer circuit.

Nah, everyone in NSW is supposed to get checked every year (cars older than 5yrs only). But my comment was more for other people - I would look at something like that if required ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WTF, my airbag light just started flashing on the weekend for no apparent reason. Thanks Kev, I will try this - hopefully it works.

Fixing these cars is like trying to enable cheat modes on console games!

• Like 1

I soldered V35 yellow switch bypass modules in a few years ago when I fitted my Bride seats. I could never get the airbag light to clear with that method above, but my Consult III cleared it, no airbag light for a while now, looks promising.

Like Leon, I got so used to it I never noticed the flashing.

• 7 years later...
On 1/10/2013 at 10:30 PM, bigkevracer said:

Posted up on the Stagea Facebook group, figured this should be here too. Zeroed out my airbag light! FINALLY! Leon can stop worrying, since he broke it :nyaanyaa:

Turn the key to the on position and watch the airbag light. It should stay solid for 5-7 seconds, then turn off, then start to flash.

To reset the light, turn the key to on (without starting the car), watch the airbag light stay solid for 5-7 seconds, and as soon as the airbag light goes out, turn the key to the off position. You must make sure you turn the key to off before the light starts flashing, or you have to start again.

You need to repeat this 5 times, then start the car. You should see the light stay on solid for 5-7 seconds, then turn off.

The flashing airbag light should be no more! Apparently this is the same procedure the V35 guys use, and has worked for a couple of us now.

Good luck!

This works a treat thank you!