SAU Community

R32 Gtr Drc Build

r32gtrdrc

Hi,
Just started a new R32 GTR Dedicated Rally Car build...
After putting Kermit into a concrete barrier in the rain last July, I am slowly getting the parts together to build another one..
Previous car straight after the "incident" with the wall at around 160 kph plus..
post-74499-0-44383300-1358251126_thumb.jpg

Then sourced the ex Brighty R32 GTR to use as the new donor shell c/w cage from Brad
post-74499-0-86620600-1358251613_thumb.jpg
post-74499-0-58352500-1358251714_thumb.jpg

Gave the shell a clean up-removed old stickers etc and then put on my trailer ready for Marc and Josh at C-Red to make it roll.. ready for Phil at AFM to ensure the chassis is straight-seam welding and panel and painting etc
post-74499-0-11539600-1358252033_thumb.jpg

Also purchased a Jun carbon fibre lip, CF wing and CF font grill as well as another set of original front guards/original bonnet and a new front radiator mount from Northside Nissan.
post-74499-0-47172000-1358252277_thumb.jpgpost-74499-0-66783900-1358252352_thumb.jpgpost-74499-0-28515900-1358252452_thumb.jpg

Once the car comes back from Phil at AFM ( panel and painted in the retro red white and blue Richards/Skaife livery)I will update with the mechanical details.

cheers

• 3 months later...

Interested to see how those door trims go. I have had my eye on them for quite a while but as you say, worried about them fouling on the side intrusion.

All looking great!

Hey,

Yeah, I have been looking at the Bee R door trims for a while and then one night after a few bourbs...I needed to have them....

I have attached a few shots I took this morning to give you an idea of what you get..( the doors are still off the new race car so I cant try them in situ yet...another week or so and i will find out)

The fit will clearly depend on the measurement between the intrusion bars and the actual body(ie: how wide the the tab is that is welded to the cage) if you follow me..

Drivers side and passenger side trims are around 50mm "thk"

Drivers side then slims down to around 30mm "thk"

Passenger side stays at around 50mm thk

post-74499-0-64354300-1368954199_thumb.jpg

Drivers side is about 30mm thk up in the top left corner, then blends up to 50mm thk as you get close to the door handle.

Note that both trims are 50mm at the top where they hook over the door....

post-74499-0-56177800-1368954816_thumb.jpg

Passenger is 30mm thk at top right corner then steps up another 20mm ( which makes it a pretty contant 50mm thk)

post-74499-0-78907800-1368954261_thumb.jpg

Driver top left corner

post-74499-0-85901900-1368954358_thumb.jpg

Driver bottom left

post-74499-0-23686600-1368954729_thumb.jpg

50mm thk where they hook over the door

post-74499-0-44434500-1368954305_thumb.jpg

Subscribed! Looking forward to seeing the old girl go round again!

Thanks John

I have had enough "bench racing" over the last 9 months....and am really looking forward to having some fun again..

• 2 weeks later...

I have attached a few shots I took this morning to give you an idea of what you get..( the doors are still off the new race car so I cant try them in situ yet...another week or so and i will find out)

Legendary! Thanks for posting this up will get the measuring tape out.

• 2 weeks later...

Then sourced the ex Brighty R32 GTR to use as the new donor shell c/w cage from Brad

attachicon.gifIMAG0227.jpg

I wondered what happened to that car. Good to see it'll be revived.

Subscribed! Looking forward to seeing the old girl go round again!

You doing much racing these days? In a new car?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The car is now being set-up for 'Improved "Production Circuit Racing"

Going forward, I will keep a more up to date status of the build on my "basic" website..

ie:

It covers the previousTarmac Rally car info and the new build Improved Production car build as well as a sponsorship page

www.deleeuwracing.wordpress.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey,

Its a no go to start with.....pretty expensive to just put them on a streeter etc so I am just about to "try" a couple of things with some mild heat and try to shape them in a couple of places....the drivers side just "touches" the cross bars so a smidge of heat just might do the trick ......but the passenger side( which has different shape-profile) might be a litlle trickier to re shape.....

I will let you know in the necxt couple of weeks.....

cheers