SAU Community

Questions On Overtraining, Plateau, Full Body Vs Split?

No Crust Racing

I'm not a diet expert.

There are many that are that you can find on the net.

But if you want my opinion in it's simplest form.

animals and vegetables = 90%

wheat/grain related stuff = 10%

beef, lamb, chicken, fish, pork (if you are an infidel), turk3y, roo, emu etc etc

vegetables of all colours.. the more colours the better.

the way you described the pizza and wrap make them sound much better than how I pictured them initally.

If you are happy with your diet, then fine.

But if you are hitting a platue, it will most likely be diet or rest related.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its unfair to call it a diet, its just crap he shoves in his mouth

Tolga is a young Markos lol

He too will one day learn the term "wasting your time"

But for now, he needs to experience this

Amusing thread

I was waiting for you to pop in, I just thought you'd have more to add lol

I'll admit I do not follow a strict eating regime, I just try and be mindful of fats and sugars, don't eat too much or too little. As I said earlier, I'm not out to set the weight lifting world on fire. I'm not sure I need to be too hardcore to get what I'm after, but perhaps my goals are much further down the ladder than others.

I'd of thought the preference would be that someone puts it all out there, takes the advice on board and looks to do it better, rather than having another person doing it wrong, or worse, telling others that what they do is right/better when it's not.

Give me some credit :D

Edited by ActionDan

ok serious response.

you have hit a platue where you can bench 87kg for 3 sets of 8, but when you do 88kg, you get 2 sets of 8 and 2 set of 7 right?

this is your platue?

do 88kg for 2 sets.

then wait 3 minutes and do the last set.

problem solved.

your platue isn't really a platue of strength, it's more about recovery in between sets.

just rest more man.... you're at home anyway, not like someones going to come up and ask if you've finished curling in the squat rack.

other choices.

reduce the weight to 80kg and do 10-12 reps

increase the weight to 90 and do 5 reps

increase it to 100 and do 1 or 2 reps.

then after a few weeks go back to 88kg and do 3 x 8 with your designated rest times (which you seem to find important)

The designated rest times are only "important" because I like to not be in the gym foreve. 60-70mins is already enough, I'd be happier with 50-60 which I'd say is do-able with that different routine as there's less time wasted moving plates.

I can work around the bench "plateau" so to speak, but it'll all go out the window next week when I give this different routine a whirl, even if it turns out not to be for me, still better than lifting zero.

Curling in the squat rack, god damn lol that comes up in every pet peeves at the gym thread ever.

Seems there's more issues with the routine that just my recovery times, so I'll mix it up and try some new things, I'm old enough now that if I go a bit backwards in numbers for a bit that's fine with me.

I train at home too mate.

Here is what I have.

1 x shitty "ol Rusty" power cage.

1 x budget olympic barbell

1 x shitty adjustble bench (this is really shitty and will be replaced with a simple flat bench soon)

Lots x weight plates of varying sizes.

all sits outside under the patio.

All get used and abused nightly.

If there is an exercise that I can do on there, it's not worth doing.

No dumbbells, no cables, no bros.

That routine that Brids pasted is one that Markos put together as a "beginners program" some years back.

nothing magical about it. MATE where is this?? hehe.