SAU Community

An Alternative Ecu Choice Worth Considering.

Guilt-Toy

for the boost control, just wire the power through a switch to the sol. that way you can disable it and run wastegate pressure anytime you like.

yeah thanks, I was going to run it on a relay so it was done with one switch, but think for the sake of simplicity i will just put a seperate switch on it or even just unplug it when i dont need it...its not something i need to adjust on the fly..

So u must use the standard Solenoid to run boost control feature?

Scott

you can use the standard solenoid or replace it with any other afterkmarket solenoid wired into the standard wiring..

Just curious, as far as tuning goes, what other ecu does this compare to? Nobody around me has tuned an adaptronic before and if I give them a comparison they may be more willing to tune it.

Thanks

Just about any stand alone, if you cant tune one of these they should not be tuning.

• 2 weeks later...

What would be best for Flex Fuel "on a budget"?

By on a budget I mean that I know it's not going to be cheap, but money is a consideration so what's the best ECU for the price with flex fuel in mind? Will a Link Atom or Storm do it? Which Haltech is on par, cost wise, with the Links and is it a better option, etc?

What would be best for Flex Fuel "on a budget"?

By on a budget I mean that I know it's not going to be cheap, but money is a consideration so what's the best ECU for the price with flex fuel in mind? Will a Link Atom or Storm do it? Which Haltech is on par, cost wise, with the Links and is it a better option, etc?

question you have to ask is do you really need flex...its a rather expensive excercise...

i just set my Adaptronic up with dual map switching...just a switch on dash flicks between tunes..the only luxury I don't have is that I have to fill up when the fuel tank is empty...but by emtpy it doesnt have to be drained, as long as its nearly empty and you fill it to the top with new fuel, if it still has 5-10litres of another fuel I think its hardly going to destroy your engine, especially if you have an afr gauge to keep an eye on it and it is tuned within safe parameters .

now In theory with my 2 tunes i can just install a flex sensor and the ecu will work out the rest by reading the sensor...how well this actually works in practice though I am unsure as yet..so how many extra costs are incured tuning wise i dont know, A flex sensor is about $250-300...maybe a tuner can tell us how much tuning is needed after that.

anyway my whole setup including AIT sensor, wideband, ecu and tuning came in well under 2.5k and I made half of that just by selling my pfc and Z32 afm, if i had an EBC i could of sold that too ;)

Yeah, I want flex fuel. I want to be able to run what I want when I want without having to worry about what's already in the tank. The cost of going Flex over dual maps isn't that much more.

From what I can gather it's a flex fuel sensor and ECU capable of doing flex + extra setup/tuning time. I have a PFC so will need to swap ECU irrespective and injectors, pump, turbo will be done regardless.

Zeitronix has a sensor, harness and display combo for ~$400 which is a pretty good deal considering the GM sensor alone is nearly $400.

I think the new Haltech sensor is only $200.

But... If you stopped being a pansy and ran straight e70-e85 you could just keep the PFC and save all that coin. :P

Mernda United is just up the road from you...

But... If you stopped being a pansy and ran straight e70-e85 you could just keep the PFC and save all that coin. :P

The sensor alone is $200 but they have a pack with sensor, loom and display for $400 which is what I'd do.

Problem is I don't always head west. In fact I head west as often as possible :)

With a 12 month old who regularly travels with me and a wife who hates my car, I don't want to have to hunt down a specific servo every time I use my car. The piece of mind of being able to fill up at any station is worth the extra coin. Otherwise I'd keep the PFC in a second.

I'm still not 100% set on what I'm going to do. After Stao's latest development I might just stick with 98.

Edited by Cowboy1600

maybe i should have bought the sensor instead of the wideband :/

Yeah, I want flex fuel. I want to be able to run what I want when I want without having to worry about what's already in the tank. The cost of going Flex over dual maps isn't that much more.

lol....the cost of convenience is always much more....but thats life ...

so after the rebuild, i re-tuned the rb30dett in the 350z.

i used these cheap pistons, they are called Endurotec. i got some oversized and used the molly rings as well... i was worried that they would not be up to the task but they seem to running great so far! done about 3500km and tuned the car to about 420hp at the wheels on 21psi. Not bad for $220 pistons :)

here is the dyno graph of the new tune, its really rich but i am bit suss about this dyno's wideband sensor.

i made about 10 runs, and logged them all, also have some logs of giving a bit on the street.. willing to share the tune and the logs with anyone who is interested... i might try and upload it all the adaptronic forum and link it here ??

il get to that in the next few days.

post-1240-0-84087100-1364076871_thumb.jpg

+1 for Adaptronic, got one sitting in my garage waiting to go on when I get time - FMIC+Hypergear highflow+Adaptronic should see me making a bunch more power than before. I'm also eyeing of ID1000 injectors, as I have the desire to run E85 in the future.

I would rather support a very smart Aussie (Andy) who is making great products than lining the pockets of a Japanese company pushing out a 10 year old design. Especially when the price is so good.

^^^

Yes the adaptronics are pretty good ecus, good part is it support map sensors, flex fuel, boost controller, turbo timer and launch control. Which saves from getting a bunch of little pieces. and we do a special bundle deal on them with any turbocharger related services or purchases.

I've just bought 20G worth. and sold many in the past that haven't had any returns yet.