SAU Community

Iruvyouskyrines Rb25Det Neo R32

im yet to put mine in too just need to get my fuel rail. Which fuel rail did you use to fit it under the plenum.

Anychance you could also tell me if the R34Neo injectors you pulled out were 11mm or 14mm. Seems to be two answers on the threads im reading.

Edited by B-rice

Just used the standard fuel rail and 4mm spacer man. It still clears the plenum easy as, no worries there. Ah to be honest i didn't even measure the size difference between the old ones and the new ones. I just sprayed lanolin on them and they went into the fuel rail fine and didn't move around at all when i put the retaining clips in. With my luck i wouldn't be surprised if i bought the wrong ones haha, anything i do seems to be one step forward and two steps back!

I've got my stock injectors sitting in a box at home, ill measure them for you tomorrow. Pretty sure they are 14mm though.

Sweet, cheers dude.

Also, new turbo finally arrived! It is much bigger than i thought it was going to be hahaha. It is going on tonight and is the last thing i have to get sorted before the car goes down to trent this weekend for tuning! Fingers crossed it bolts up all sweet and i don't have anything bite me in the ass >_<

YKhkPjW.jpg

CcXmkpJ.jpg

hQaV4j1.jpg

KDo6Zxp.jpg

Edited by iruvyouskyrine

depends with how thick your flange is. If the stud just sticks out from the flange you may need atleast some extra thread to be left over after tightening the nut. Donno if i make sense

Any idea what size studs I need? And how do I get the olds ones out?

Trying to make it fit by clocking the turbo but don't think it will work.

From memory the factory ones are 42mm, so it depends what size spacer you have. I think Stao uses a 15mm spacer, so you will need to get studs at least 15mm longer. I believe I went with 67mm studs.

Standard studs are 39mm, parts that protrude from the manifold is only 24mm, turbo housing is 10mm, spacer is 16mm.

So standard studs are 2mm Fromm even being flush with new turbo.

Will try and get it all sorted tomorrow, hopefully have enough time to get it sorted before this weekend >_<

This is what i would be after yeah? Hopefully can source some locally if not then i'm pretty much farked before this weekend haha.

http://www.sonicperformance.com.au/95015/Stud-_and_-Nut-Kit-GT30_or_GT35_or_GT42_or_GT45-M10x1.5-X-4/pd.php

Edited by iruvyouskyrine

Yep, they are what I used. Be warned, mine warped severely after about 2000kms. I had to cut two of them to get them off.

But MTQ were very surprised and said it shouldn't happen, and because I couldn't find any inconel studs I just used the same ones again. They seem to still be ok.

Run the wastegate as close to the turbo outlet as you can. Stao really should put a nipple on the turbo. But you want the wastegate plumbed into a source as close to the turbo as possible, because of you get a leak somewhere and the boost pressure is lower at the plenum then you could be working the ass off the turbo, superheating the intake charge. If that means getting a nipple put onto the hot side cooler piping then do that.

Would probably be ok for the tune. You should really check for leaks before it goes on the dyno anyway, but hopefully it's ok. But if Trent can't do it, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just do it at some point.