SAU Community

Iruvyouskyrines Rb25Det Neo R32

Running a precision and came with a 3 5/8 flange, which tapers down to 3" around the cat. I wouldn't go any larger than the exit of the rear housing, counter intuitive.

I'd only use v-bands where you really need the seal to be tight, they look cool but can be a bitch to line up and get back on.

This is what I got made up for mine, have little pipes to run as screamers or can be fully plumb back

And u gotta use teflon pushlok hose for e85

post-28961-0-50451400-1406772821_thumb.jpg

post-28961-0-09456500-1406772826_thumb.jpg

post-28961-0-98786700-1406773010_thumb.jpg

Edited by n_D

Looking good man. You must have been pumped if all of the Aeroflow stuff arrived at once! I have been ticking really similar goals off on my build. Looks like its all coming together!

Yeah it's so much stuff when it is all laid out on the bench like that haha. Pretty stoked with the progress at the moment even if my wallet is not.

Nice work as always, but just a heads up, you might want to think about upgrading to a 3.5" exhaust.

Hey man thanks, this is honestly something i should have thought about earlier but it is too late now. Plenty of people have made over 400kw with 3" (and mine is completely straight through, no mufflers/cat/resonators at all!) so i don't think it will be a limitation. Plus im not shooting for power like that anyway!

Will be going 4inch dump on mine, then 3 1/2inch back to help it breath..

The rear housing adapter Tao provides only has a 3" outlet so i don't need anything ridiculous, besides, it's too late now anyway haha.

Running a precision and came with a 3 5/8 flange, which tapers down to 3" around the cat. I wouldn't go any larger than the exit of the rear housing, counter intuitive.

I'd only use v-bands where you really need the seal to be tight, they look cool but can be a bitch to line up and get back on.

This is what I got made up for mine, have little pipes to run as screamers or can be fully plumb back

And u gotta use teflon pushlok hose for e85

Exactly right, no point in having 3" dump (as that is my exhaust housing outlet size) and a 3.5" or larger exhaust. I found the V-Bands pretty easy to align and get on, that was with two people though. One person might be harder but how often do you take your exhaust off? And surely you can find one mate to give you a hand hahah.

butterfly in exhaust is one thing im seriously thinking about. My car is loud and dont think my neighbors like me when i come home late night.

Exactly the reason i want one! I try to be as reasonable as possible as i know i wouldn't appreciate it. Unfortunately due to time and money constraints this idea was ditched, but it is something i would like to try and incorporate in the future. Once the car is up and running i will get something sorted, i think it is a pretty good idea for a common problem.

nice is that still the neo engine right. Im thinking between the plazmaman plenum or the genuine greedy ones but not sure how straight forward setting the greedy will be.

• 2 weeks later...

I know haha, I took it off the car (which was literally a 5 minute job, thanks V-Bands) just to take photos of it! And now it's off I don't want to put it back on because it looks so damn sexy! It bolts to the gearbox as well for bracing. And it sits so flush up against the body it's amazing, can't even fit my fingers between the top of it and the floor pan, running nismo mounts so it should be fine.

Exhaust also comes with a lifetime warranty, and was VERY reasonably priced. The work Dann does it absolutely top shelf, and backed by a lifetime warranty. I highly recommend to anyone!

My old exhaust was a stainless/mild mix and a bit of a slap together job. Was never loud enough for me, but I think this should definitely be loud. Left room to put a muffler/resonator in later if I want :)

• Like 2

Very nice mate, good to see it moving forward.

May i ask as Im about to get my intercooler piping done, whats the thinking behind having the BOV on the turbo side and not the intake side? Or does it not really matter? I was going to get mind on the intake side, just after the throttle body

Looks good mate, some ear plugs will be needed i reckon, will be interesting to see how well it flows, hope those black silicon hoses don't blow out under boost though. Looks very clean and well done though.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys. Was getting so sick of working on it after all these moths, had really lost motivation to do anything and was hating it.

Finally got it mostly sorted and had a quick squirt around the block today. Put a smile on my face for sure! Was nice to have the car in the shed and walk away feeling happy about it :)

Just a quick photo as I put it away.

post-84937-14130306063305_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice mate, good to see it moving forward.

May i ask as Im about to get my intercooler piping done, whats the thinking behind having the BOV on the turbo side and not the intake side? Or does it not really matter? I was going to get mind on the intake side, just after the throttle body

Don't know anything about BOV's sorry man as I have never run one. Before this I used a cefiro crossover pipe which had no BOV provision from factory. And I'm not using one now :)

• 4 weeks later...