SAU Community

Iruvyouskyrines Rb25Det Neo R32

do you have a tap and die you can probably do it yourself. if you have a nipple

I would but fark taking the turbo off again now, adding the nipple then putting it back on all tonight, still have to put inter cooler piping back and put it on a car trailer haha

Finished piecing the car together at about 10:30 Friday night. I didn't attempt to start the car at all after the new injectors + turbo as I thought I should leave it to the professionals (ie Trent) and I didn't want to waste all my time and money grenading the engine before I even left the shed!

Then I loaded up my mates ute with my kinchrome toolbox, Powertools, jack, all my lubricants and coolant etc, spare wiring/spark plugs/gaskets and every single spare part I owned hahaha. There was no way I was not getting this car to Melbourne. Loaded the car on to the car trailer and strapped it down and I was all set.

Started the almost 7 hour drive from Wagga to dandenong at 5am and after the first fuel stop + servo pie it was about sunrise. Was one of the best sunrise's I have ever seen so I knew it was going to be a good day. The trip went very well, the little 3 litre turbo diesel Hilux towed it like a champion, and the car trailer was on very good condition and also towed excellent. Having never been to Melbourne before and due to road closures google maps had us towing the car and car trailer some farking interesting places, narrow and full of cars to say the least.

Made it to Chequered tuning without a hitch and got it all unloaded with the help of 'driftcat' then did a few little things that I didn't have time to do lady night, then stood back and almost couldn't believe after almost 11 months of working on this farkin car almost every night it was almost all done! Got talking to Trent and Cat about what I was looking for in the tune and asked a few questions about the whole process and what's involved etc as I love knowing how things work and couldn't resist hahaha.

Overall, I cannot believe how awesome and down to earth both Trent and Cat are! They answered all my questions and didn't try to sell themselves and promise me huge unrealistic power figures. They just explained the process the car would go through and what they would do if any unexpected problems came up. They are both amazingly genuine nice people. So far I cannot recommend them enough, and I hope the tuning goes as smooth as dropping the car off did.

After that, another servo pie for lunch then drove across to hoppers crossing and picked up some R33 GTR rims. Managed to pick up 6 of them for a very nice price. 4 are in very good condition while the other 2 have a bit of rash and one has a very very slight buckle. All have tyres as well!

After that it was time for the drive home. After another servo stop and (you guessed it, another servo pie) we headed for home. Left Melbourne at 4 and made it back by about 10 and headed straight to bed. Cannot thank my mate enough for towing it all threat down and back In the one day, was a huge effort from him!

Now I'm just waiting to hear from Trent about some results, fingers crossed nothing goes wrong.

Glad top see you making progress.

I'm still chasing Brad for those plates and bolts which should've turned up yesterday if he actually sent them when he said he would.

I'd encourage you to call him and harass him as much as I am, as I'm rapidly running out of energy to pursue it after the 3-4mths I've already put in.

Yeah mate i have been calling him with no response as well..... not surprised that it's not done yet to be honest.

Also i fitted my SS2 internal gate to my car and dump and it appeared it was all fine but trent from chequred tuning just tried to tune my caar and said the wastegate flap is getting stuck closed as it is fouling on the dump pipe. My dump pipe is a JJR Bellmouth item exactly the same as this http://justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=18178

Has anyone had an issue with this before, as i cannot remember reading about it anywhere. Just wanting to make sure it is this before i pay to have it fixed and find it's not the issue. Trent said he ran it up on the dyno and it went straight to 30psi hahahaha

any help/advice appreciated!

I could be wrong, but i think stao's test rig runs the jjr bellmouth dump

there was some conversation in the hypergear thread about the quality of them going down

I'm running the stainless one on a stock 25neo with no problems, but it could be the bigger wastegate puck on the ss2 causing problems

edit: just saw stao replied to your post in the hypergear thread

Edited by pipster11

I think stao managed to nut out the problem. I purchased brand new bolts for the dump pipe and I didn't cut them down to size as I didn't think it would really matter as they just went straight into the turbo housing flange thingy haha. But the top right hand bolt has to be cut down to correct size otherwise it fouls on the wastegate flapper and keeps it closed which is what is happenings to mine. Will upload a pic in a second.

Edited by iruvyouskyrine

It sounds like you've sorted the problem, but how well did the JJR bellmouth dump match up to the rear housing/gasket? I have a JJR screamer pipe and the port matching is shit! Caused it to boost spike pretty bad, we put back on the old X-force bellmouth and it doesn't spike now.

I never checked to be honest. Ran it with the RB20 and standard RB25 turbo for 2 years without a problem at all. Trent got it all tuned today but the wastegate still slightly fouls on the dump pipe :(

May have to get a die grinder out and fix up the dump.

My JJR bellmouth matches the gasket perfectly... I pulled mine out with the intention of port matching it, then found that the dump pipe matched perfectly and it was actually Stao's 6-bolt adapter on the turbo that doesn't match at all.

A lot. It was a good 1-2cm smaller. But I don't know if yours would be. My G3 is an 'older' design now. Fancy saying that a year down the track! :P but I think Stao has actually refined his adapter design and they fit perfectly now. So it might be worthwhile checking but there's a good chance that your adapter is fine.