SAU Community

Iruvyouskyrines Rb25Det Neo R32

More goodies in the mail, GKTech Braided brake lines and braided clutch line, replacement clutch fan and steering rack spacer! Also got a S2 RB25 throttle body so i don't have to run the fkn huge neo throttle body which has all the cruise and traction control shit on it. Some NISMO engine mounts and Kando braided turbo oil and water lines, although they sent me an incorrect fitting, so once again more delays!

46ru33a.jpg

4lTt4ew.jpg

4cBf0lW.jpg

5LCvngY.jpg

Looks like a good project mate, good to see you're renewing the old car rather than replacing it..

The wheel choice and bodykit has really improved the car from how it was originally

God I love getting car parts in the mail.

Same! But I get bad feels when I know I should have gotten stuff, yet auspost is fcking useless and it arrives 2 weeks late. :(

Looks like a good project mate, good to see you're renewing the old car rather than replacing it..

The wheel choice and bodykit has really improved the car from how it was originally

Thanks mate, Looking back at it I wonder how I was even able to keep it looking like it did for that long, man it was terrible.

looks tough man, did you have to run any spacers with the new wheels?

Nope no spacers, just rolled guards to accommodate the wheels. These rims also have plenty of brake clearance so no issues there either :)

Hey man, nice ride.

Am doing the same conversion but struggling like hell with the wiring. My headlights are stuck on full but aren't actually working, window wipers don't work, can't get the alternator to work, the list goes on - in fact the only thing working properly are the stereo, the heaters and the engine! At the rate I am going I would have rewired an entire new loom when I'm finished. Can't seem to find any wiring diagrams for my R32 4-Door GTE that I am working with either as it is a rare JDM base model piece of crap, should have gone with a GTS-T or GTS-4 instead. Who did you get to do up your loom - because I would be keen to just rip it all out and send both my looms to someone and get it all done by someone who knows whats up?

Cheers

Tyron

Edited by ty.tomlinson

Hey man, nice ride.

Am doing the same conversion but struggling like hell with the wiring. My headlights are stuck on full but aren't actually working, window wipers don't work, can't get the alternator to work, the list goes on - in fact the only thing working properly are the stereo, the heaters and the engine! At the rate I am going I would have rewired an entire new loom when I'm finished. Can't seem to find any wiring diagrams for my R32 4-Door GTE that I am working with either as it is a rare JDM base model piece of crap, should have gone with a GTS-T or GTS-4 instead. Who did you get to do up your loom - because I would be keen to just rip it all out and send both my looms to someone and get it all done by someone who knows whats up?

Cheers

Tyron

Run standard Loom and get a aftermarket computer rewired for the engine :D

Run standard Loom and get a aftermarket computer rewired for the engine :D

Meh, want to keep it all standardish. I think I will just work out what goes to where, then write up a guide for anyone else who wants to do it.

Cheers man, if I hadn't butchered my loom over the last week that would have been the company I was looking for!

However, I have pretty much solved all my problems now with a bit of persistence and a few blown fuses :whistling: . I will definitely get onto writing up a tutorial on how to do it as soon as I make sure everything is running properly for road use. I don't want to do it now because there might be some little things that will pop up and ruin my life that I am yet to discover. I think a month or two of road use will reveal these problems (if any).

I don't know how many countries have the random JDM variants of Skyline we have over here in NZ (mine is a 1990 GTE) so I might just be posting a tutorial for a niche market but after months of sifting through various forums and sorting the crap from the truth I think I owe it to the community to put something back in :thumbsup: .

Been flat out studying these last few weeks and haven't had much time with the car unfortunately, but i have pretty much all the parts i need now to put it all back together, only major things left are to buy fluids, get the 25 yoke put on the 20 tailshaft and have my gearbox cross-member extended to accommodate the bigger R34 box. I have heard rumors that there is a nissan Gbox X-member that will fit the 25 box to the 32 without the needing to extend it, if anyone has any info on it let me know, i can confirm that neither the R32 rb20 or an R34 rb25 one works, perhaps a 33 one will?

Also i got my wiring done by Simon-S14 on these forums, great to deal with and knows his shit! Took a while to get done but he was drifting at ADGP so he had a good reason haha, also i told him i wasn't in a huge rush.

Will have some more info and progress pics at the end of this weekend with any luck! :)

Good work mate! Did you get the GKTech fan adapter as well or are you going with a different viscous clutch pack (I've heard SR clutch pack fits)?

Nah i did't purchase an adaptor, will be using a SR Hub as you said :)

TtQhuz7.jpg

New turbo vs Standard R34 OP6 Turbo

Hypergear ATR43SS2 IWG (internal wastegate)

Z0yMu6m.jpg

ud44NWw.jpg

HaS2c0P.jpg

xJBeVti.jpg

MzTfiv1.jpg

Also my new braided oil feed and water lines that i got from Kando, only realising now that i don't like the banjo bolts as they are still somewhat difficult work with. Would have much preferred fittings that screw straight into the block, and 90 degree ends to connect to the turbo. Everything looks filthy in this photo but it's really not that bad, the camera flash just makes it look shite.

giOw0Wb.jpg

Old engine mounts........yep. Doing an awesome job.

i60Yg2t.jpg

New clutch fork and support assembly (as i am returning to pull type clutch), proved impossible to source locally so just got it from Amayama.com and got it for less than half of what Nissan Australia wanted...

vPAM1SZ.jpg

And a nice beverage after a long day of spinning spanners!

With the engine mounts, you can try what I did and box them on 3 sides (I used cardboard) then I filled the space with sikaflex and let them set.

Bam! semi solid engine mounts, work a treat on my car.

Already got a set of Nismo mounts sitting on the engine, spent enough money at kudos motorsports to get them thrown in for free, not sure if that is a good or bad thing!