SAU Community

Iruvyouskyrines Rb25Det Neo R32

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when your 6th piston didnt like the world and overheated.

quick question, are you still running the gktech clutch Fan?

Because ive heard nothing but problems with that fan on Neo engines, Stock is better.

I remember when your 6th piston didnt like the world and overheated.

quick question, are you still running the gktech clutch Fan?

Because ive heard nothing but problems with that fan on Neo engines, Stock is better.

stock fan with a decent radiator works tits, those GK Tech fans are hideous - pointless mod, I removed two of them off 2x S15s that were overheating on the track.

Yep still using GKtech fan. Temps are fine but haven't abused it on a really hot day yet. I need to find a R32 radiator shroud first then a stock clutch fan that actually works which will be difficult. Once I have all the parts I will do it then :)

Have Gktech fan on S2 RB25, stock shroud, temps are great, done many laps with no problems. Only complaint is fan hub is always locked when running, but don't know if that's because of the fan or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cam seal has been leaking since the car has been running. Decided to fix it today. Pulled all the shit off and found scoring in the exhaust cam, and also found some black shit on it as well, looks like the seal may have been unlubricated and is slightly melted onto the cam. Sweet.

So undecided what to do at the moment. Will grease them up and has been suggested to put the seal back in but not in the same position as before. IE 1mm further in or out.

Also had planned to do a wakefield drift day 2 weekends ago, but the night before it the MAP sensor on my ECU dishonoured it's family and killed itself for some reason. So took it to Jez and he swapped it over for me (top bloke).

Fun times.

post-84937-1429443694734_thumb.jpgpost-84937-14294437116086_thumb.jpgpost-84937-14294437318415_thumb.jpgpost-84937-14294437609681_thumb.jpgpost-84937-14294438267172_thumb.jpg

I'd like to know how you get the timing right, is it just a matter of getting the right belt , install tensioner on block and just line the marks up or is there a more precise way to get it spot on?

Can you get adjustable wheels for both intake and exhaust side then? Just trying to visualise how the crank and two cams can be in the exact spot without having everything adjustable..

Can you use the tensioner for adjusting it too? hmm

Edited by AngryRB

Was just after a quick answer, i know what a tensioner is for, thanks for your wise answer, its an hour drive each way with an engine on the ute for me so id rather learn on here... from what ive read so far, the timing on an RB30DET can be tricky compared to a stock RB25, ill just line the marks up and let my tuner check and adjust it before its tuned then.. ;)

Edited by AngryRB