SAU Community

Fuel Consumption On 260Rs Vs M35 Vs C34 (4Wd)

West

Hi guys

What's the fuel consumption like on a 260rs? Then what is it like to compare it to the M35 or the C34 (4wd) Stags? I'm talking real day to day fuel consumption and not spec from factory.

Is the 260RS or any 4wd stag's running like a GTR style? Most of the time RWD and torque get transfer to the front only when you loose traction?

I'm asking as i'm thinking of getting one, my daily Colt don't have enough room for me to drive my 2 dogs around :).

Cheers

My m35 only gets 580 from a tank . 80L but only approx 72L usable.

It also has the atezza ets sys . So full time rwd with torque split as required. OR synchro mode with something like an 80/20 split at the flick of a switch.

M35 ARX - My last fill up, I saw 420km on the clock and filled up 70L when the amber light went on. usually get 500-50ish - currently driving with full aircon, cant turn it off atm. I fill up once a month and drive twice a week.

Hey,

My 260RS does 430km from 60L ~ 14L/100 Km (on BP ultimate....shell is more like 380Km) in heavy bumper to bumper traffic on my commute to work and when the traffic eases up I tend to drive spiritedly :yes: which really doesn't help the consumption. For highway it does a solid 9L/100 Km

When its mixed highway and city driving 12L/100 Km is what you should expect in my experience.

The car's engine is stock with stock exhaust and has very sticky un-eco tyres

500-550 suburban driving in my '01 M35 ARX running Shell premium - and this is with some spirited driving here and there.. sometimes I just can't resist.

As Aaron has stated, there is a big jump in fuel consumption from a 4 banger to a 6 cylinder.

Who cares? They are big, beautiful and exhilarating to drive.

Both get driven about 60k per week and maybe once a month down the coast, about 100k.

Both use around 16l/100k

Beats walking. LOL And is cheap entertainment..

Edited by 66yostagea

Who cares? They are big, beautiful and exhilarating to drive.

Both get driven about 60k per week and maybe once a month down the coast, about 100k.

Both use around 16l/100k

Beats walking. LOL And is cheap entertainment..

Well, there are some of us that drive 10 times that distance a week. And we care a bit more about the cost of it!Mine goes with the Mrs for the short trip to work, I drive the shopping cart.

For the record- PM35s use just about the same as NM35s around town and on the highway. Got 700kms to 72 litres on a trip to Melb two up, with a load of gear, AC on, 110-115km/h. Round town, its about 550kms to a tank.

If you're concerned about fuel consumption, a turbo 2.5/6l inline/V6 stationwagon with 4wd isn't for you. They are expensive cars to run and maintain.

This. Not a cheap daily... but sooo worth it :)

I reckon they all will use around the same without mods/tune etc.

Hi guys

What's the fuel consumption like on a 260rs? Then what is it like to compare it to the M35 or the C34 (4wd) Stags? I'm talking real day to day fuel consumption and not spec from factory.

Is the 260RS or any 4wd stag's running like a GTR style? Most of the time RWD and torque get transfer to the front only when you loose traction?

I'm asking as i'm thinking of getting one, my daily Colt don't have enough room for me to drive my 2 dogs around :).

Cheers

I have a 260rs and it had real crap fuel economy until i replaceed both O2 sensors and now is running real sweet. I get 400km out of 60L tank on combination highway/traffic driving. 350km from peak hour driving (Melbourne sucks for that) and i'd say 450k - 500km on highway only driving.

Of course it also depends on how heavy your foot is but i like blowing past traffic on the odd (often) occasion. 260rs runs exactly like the r33 gtrs. most of time RWD, torque transfer when you lose traction, on take off, or heavy boost. The G-sensor aids in front torque control as well as the wheel speed sensors etc. Super HICAS and Attessa.

I dont know how the dogs will appreciate the boost from the gtr engine but hey, you can pad the tailgate door with pillows to protect them on take off LOL

i only just replaced my o2 sensor and only noticed a slight difference on c34 series 2, im assuming computer is relearning now but was getting rubbish before 300l sometimes less to a tank but its moving its way up to 330l and thats with me driving it lately not the wife so heavier foot lol, freeway managed 550l to a tank.

This is with nistune, ss2 turbo, fmic, cat back zaust, z32 and stock the rest

I reckon you need to look at the tune.

I was getting 450 out of my RS4S and then swapped the AFM to a Z32 (I have a PFC and adjusted the AFM settings there). Fuel consumption blew out to about 300ks to a tank. Put the Neo AFM back in and back to 400-450 to a tank. I'm sure there's better in mine with a retune. Sounds like yours could do with one too.

Mind you, mine feking DRINKS like a pirate on shore leave after finding the Lost City of Atlantis. I reckon I could empty the tank in under 200ks at a track with little effort.

If you're concerned about fuel consumption, a turbo 2.5/6l inline/V6 stationwagon with 4wd isn't for you. They are expensive cars to run and maintain.

Trust me, the X5 4.4 is way more expensive to run and maintain than your Stag. For example, just a seat memory module alone worth 1K, not to consider my average is anywhere around 18L+ / 100km and free way is 14L/100km.

Im sure there are many experiences, though for the record Ill throw in my 2c:

-Fuel cost is higher, though comparable to a falcon or commodore wagon.

-I have replaced many wear and tear items, ie shocks, bushes, ball joints. Total suspension overhaul only cost a few thousand (did all the work myself)

- The only "non wear" item to be replaced is the throttle position sensor.

This is a 96 stagea, about 120k kms, had it for 5 years. Although the car has many areas it could be improved in (refinement, quietness, some more fuel efficiency), I have never regretted the purchased and have used it as a daily workhorse car.

Trust me, the X5 4.4 is way more expensive to run and maintain than your Stag. For example, just a seat memory module alone worth 1K, not to consider my average is anywhere around 18L+ / 100km and free way is 14L/100km.

That's irrelevant. That you're asking about which is cheaper to run means you want something cheap to run. They are all much of a muchness. 1-2L/100ks difference is ~$3/100k or ~$12 per tank. So instead of $105 to fill it it might "only" be $90. If that difference is the make or break, then you're barking up the wrong tree. If it's not then why does it matter which one is "more efficient"?

I love my stag but it's not a daily driver. If it was I fear I'd be living in it cause I wouldn't be able to afford the mortgage. They would not be a pleasant car to use as a daily if you do not have a heck of a lot of money at your disposal.

Edited by Cowboy1600