SAU Community

Forced Performance Hta Turbos

whats the htz stuff lith?

cheers

darren

Good question, beyond being the first overhaul of the FP compressor designs since the HTAs came out I know nothing, so who knows what sizes, specs, prices or ETA yet but I will post if I hear any more

Boostin Performance's (in the US) Eagle Talon is now running a Super 99 HTZ now and this weekend ran an 8.18 @ 176mph at it's first meet running that turbo in a bit of anger. The car then went to a "King of the Streets" event which is V8 dominated and took out it's class, running consistent low 8s. Pretty crazy stuff on a h-pattern 2litre AWD car - most other AWDs (short of R35s) running these kinds of time have methanol/nitrous and of course T4/T6 framed turbos etc.

I don't know if it's the full range, still little info on it at the moment... I am prying however, naturally ;)

You should check out the MAP EF3 if you are doing a bolt on, they are pretty mental.

I know a guy who was running a MAP EF3, from what he was saying I wasn't so impressed by the results..

I also went in a red powered Evo8MR and I was not wowed either. It was the older red, not the current HTA tech thing, but it was a red none the less.. All in was over 5,000 and it wasn't very fast.

Choose wisely :ph34r:

I know a guy who was running a MAP EF3, from what he was saying I wasn't so impressed by the results..

I also went in a red powered Evo8MR and I was not wowed either. It was the older red, not the current HTA tech thing, but it was a red none the less.. All in was over 5,000 and it wasn't very fast.

FP Red HTA and MAP EF3 are both very very proven. If the results are not what he expected he either expected too much, chose the wrong weapon for the job, or something needs sorting with the setup - if not a combination of the three. The old red was less of a special thing (like a journal bearing TD06/T60-1 type hybrid iirc) and doughy response is no surprise. The new HTA Red is basically 34GeeTeeTee's compressor rammed together into a DBB package suited for bolting onto an EVO

*Sigh* Never considered a map cos im a ball bearing whore ;) But I also love the stock turbo response and the power I make with the response. The HTA red was pretty much the top of my list but :(

Yeah I know Dan I've researched these badboys extensively and ive heard alot of guys on evoM say the JB reds are quite lazy in comparison to the DCBB versions but im still undecided as I luv my 270kw stock setup but I want more power (300+kw) but dont wanna sacrifice too much response. Just don't think the green will make the numbers and I believe the reds response isn't that much laggier.

Jase was the 8 you went in on E85?

He made a BIT more than 270 on the stock turbo lol he is accounting for dyno variance (if it even exists!). I can confirm Mick's evo is the ants pants in terms of having the full package.

Mick, nah it was on 98. I was mostly disappointed with the spool character rather than the power, which isn't going to change too much when on E85. If I track down anyone I know with a HTA red I will let you know.

Lith what was your bum-dyno thoughts on a HTA red strapped evo?

Yeah mate I made 312kw on a hub dyno with 25psi but as Jase said ive got a toxic fab manifold M2 cossie cams etc etc and E85 of course lol

Are you making 270kw on the stock turbo? If so, niiiiice.

Lith what was your bum-dyno thoughts on a HTA red strapped evo?

What do you mean? I haven't experienced one, if that's what you mean? I would expect it to be laggier than the stock EVO turbo, which I am sure isn't a surprise. Maybe like a bigger version of what you have on your car?

Yeah mate I made 312kw on a hub dyno with 25psi but as Jase said ive got a toxic fab manifold M2 cossie cams etc etc and E85 of course lol

What power are you after if you upgraded?

Here's a clip of the FP Super99HTZ equipped DSM doing 8.18 @ 176mph :

Devin the owner/driver/tuner says that there is still more in it, and will be winding it up for glory next weekend - hoping for 180mph trap speeds and ?.? ETs :D

Really with an Evo the turbo trade off isn't that much different to anything else IMO . I totally fail to see why people "hi flow" evo turbos with the 18 and 20G compressors - easy to do for lack lustre results .

16Gs do a pretty good job std with more boost but they're not up to big numbers because the engine package was designed to have strong mid range torque . Their leg up is the twin scrolls and shortish closeish gearing - plus that std intercooler . Only the 9 reverse rotation turbo gets the larger diffuser section and compressor housing standard . The larger diameter cast in back plate is the main difference in the centre sections .

If you go back far enough at Evomnet you can read about the early 5/10 blade compressor in the "old school FP Evo Green" turbo . The modern replacement wheel is the HTA68 which makes a late "Evo White" turbo upgrade to a std Evo 9 turbo . It's supposed to give around 10% greater flow over the 16G with virtually no lag increase .

Past this you get into larger heavier turbines starting with the SL2 etc and inertia is inertia . I can't remember which is the smallest FP BB turbo possibly the Green .

A tuner I've used doesn't think some of these coloured turbos are much chop down low and reckoned they only really came alive around 4000 , not sure if that was bush or BB ones .

Mick it depends on what numbers you want and how much lag you can live with . I'd like more torque in my 6 and getting that from a bog stock engine isn't difficult . If it was me and I was staying with std capacity I'd look at the larger turbine housing and the 68HTA in a 9 cartridge/comp housing . I think you probably want more than that so I'm going to say the BB HTA Green because it can be upgraded if it falls short of your expectations .

A .

Edited by discopotato03

I love the response of the stock turbo disco and would like to stay kinda close to that. Yes the green is the smallest of the "coloured turbos" Im definitely leaning towards the HTA green in BB form as ive read alot saying they really do make the JB models feel doughy.

I think the 300-320kw zone would be nice with close to stock response as my car comes to life SO early but does sign off up top a lil.

So ive even set the rev limiter to 7200.

In 2nd gear the 9 starts to really fly not much after 3000 so getting that and some again around 3500 really makes these lil suckers hard to catch on the street as they come to life so quickly :)