SAU Community

The Red Lady- Sandybang's R34 Gtt

post-101240-14199101821379_thumb.jpg

post-101240-14199102033772_thumb.jpg

post-101240-14199102324442_thumb.jpg

Progress !!! New blitz return flow intercooler- wasn't happy with the over pipe from the old one

Put up the factory airbox- I believe it gives me colder air which may be more important than hotter air with larger surface area.

Upgraded to a hpi evolve aluminium radiator. (Awesome)- Yes it was a tight squeeze but factory fan shroud was retained.

New turbo is in the process of being ordered.

I want to be e85 ready. But my aim power wise would be around 250-260rwkw first up. I'll be running 98 for now.

My key goal is to create something reliable and bullet proof. I want my tune to complement my supporting mods. The reason being is because it is my daily.

Ah I see. I read this too late ! I have committed to dvs jez in feb for the nistune etc. I'll let you guys know about my with him when i do it.

Thanks for all your help guys.

My next questions are:

I'm having a little bit of trouble sourcing a metal intake pipe that will allow me to keep my plum back bov setup etc. I will be talking to the boys down at kustomkraft about it and maybe they can fab up something for me. If you guys know anything please let me know.

The second question is. I'm trying to source a genuine z32 afm. However I can only find some on eBay with some adapters etc. where do you guys get your afms? Could you send me in the right direction.

I am also having problems sourcing a metal intake pipe to suit standard turbo as I am running a highflow with a z32 AFM. Any one running a metal intake pipe? I got my Z32 AFM from a FB JDM sale page or you can get one from Japan just make sure your not getting a fake one if the price is to good to be ture it most probs is.

• Like 1

90deg alloy pipe with a 2.5"-3" reducer. If you want the bov return, weld in a piece. And if you're still using the cam cover vac, weld that in also.

Car is looking great sandy! I'm sure JEZ can sort you out, he has done fantastic work on friends cars in the past.

• Like 1

I cut the original hard pipe at the C loop on the bov return, then used some oil hose to connect it all back up. The bov return goes through the power steering line and the turbo hot pipe. The cam cover line was placed next to it. You can pretty it up easily enough.

post-108100-0-65677500-1420172708_thumb.jpg

post-108100-0-13309600-1420172719_thumb.jpg

post-108100-0-88450700-1420172729_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm having a little bit of trouble sourcing a metal intake pipe that will allow me to keep my plum back bov setup etc. I will be talking to the boys down at kustomkraft about it and maybe they can fab up something for me. If you guys know anything please let me know.

I am also having problems sourcing a metal intake pipe to suit standard turbo as I am running a highflow with a z32 AFM. Any one running a metal intake pipe? I got my Z32 AFM from a FB JDM sale page or you can get one from Japan just make sure your not getting a fake one if the price is to good to be ture it most probs is.

Talk to Scotty nm35 here about the intake pipe, he'll fabricate you a good one in no time. I'm pretty sure he can sort out your injectors too.

Also I'm running Hypergear ATR43SS2 from Stao, great product and support, recommended. Currently making 275rwkw on 98, dyno sheet and supporting mods here.

Nice looking car btw!

EDIT: If you're happy with around 270rwkw on PULP/300rwkw on E85 you could also consider getting your original OP6 turbo high flowed by Stao. Then it's all plug and play to existing piping etc. which will save you several $$ in workshop labour (unless fitting yourself of course).

Edited by V28VX37
  • Like 1

Fellas!

Firstly I would like to thank you all for your extremely helpful input. PICTURES help me out so much!

I have so many questions but a lot of them are being answered.

Mr Fijigold (i was born there and I love the beer ha!): Some people said the g tech fans were quite loud but they cooked well ?

I'll talk to kustomkraft tomorrow morning. Paul and mark are extra helpful and then I'll message Scotty for some quotes.

For all those newer guys that pm me and asked why we need metal intake pipes. *correct me if I'm wrong* it doesn't necessarily give you gains. It just prevents the rubber stock pipe to get sucked closed at higher power levels allowing you to continue sucking in air.

Thanks again for the intake pics and advice and the compliments!!

I'm still not convinced that a metal intake pipe is required all the time - though I acknowledge it does depend on power and boost levels.

For reference, I'm pushing 245.7rwkw with a high-flow turbo and the factory airbox. I asked my tuner (Martin at Wlilall Racing) when he was tuning it about Z32's and metal intake pipe - he said unless I wound the boost up quite a bit more, they weren't necessary.

I guess each car is different, maybe see what your tuner recommends?

• Like 1

Yes I understand your point. I was just reading up on what people say.

From what I've read people have :

Experienced a loss of power after 5000rpm over 250rwkw because of pipe sucking closed

Experienced nothing ( but most are not over that 250rwkw mark)

Many higher boost/power applications are using metal or reinforced silicone or that sleeving method.

So many weird reviews and opinions.