SAU Community

Xtreme Motorsport - Gun Metal Grey R32 Gtr - Claiming 85,000Km !

• 2 weeks later...

Pleased to hear this was cleared up. It's not good hearing this sort of thing happening to reputable dealerships. Joe may i ask why you sell some of your cars on consignment? i've been in used cars for several years before i moved to new vehicle sales, my dealership ended up scrapping the consignment part of things due to legalities and i guess in your case it'd be difficult to tell if km's are genuine without doing a proper investigation.

Pleased to hear this was cleared up. It's not good hearing this sort of thing happening to reputable dealerships. Joe may i ask why you sell some of your cars on consignment? i've been in used cars for several years before i moved to new vehicle sales, my dealership ended up scrapping the consignment part of things due to legalities and i guess in your case it'd be difficult to tell if km's are genuine without doing a proper investigation.

Thanks Sean.

Sometimes we have no choice for selling on consignment as we run out of stock and as usual try to help others.

Its not even worth it on consignment as you get more headaches than its worth.

We now absolutely for no reason whatsoever take any cars on consignment and refuse it. I would rather leave the yard empty.

Thanks once again.

• 2 weeks later...

It's great to see it was actually a misunderstanding, and to see the other cars on the Xtreme Motorsports lot are legitimate. Kudos to Joe for clearing it up, and running a trustworthy business.

My earlier posts were rather cynical to say the least, but it's disheartening to see so many examples of odometer tampering especially on R grade vehicles. It decreases the value of our imports, puts the SEVS import scheme into a negative light due to rorting, and puts poor quality vehicles on Australian roads.

"HYPOCRISY" The mistake was rectified within minutes once we noticed, you only need to go to the showroom and see for your self!! And as to the "source" at least they don't need to hide behind forums, Facebook or Ebay to offer a service that the industry rejects!!

This is going to be a long post - so strap in folks.

DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK - AND DO IT PROPERLY, NOT A HALF-ASS JOB - FOOL.

KayneX - Why would anyone want to do re-badged odometer checks via your link - a website tainted with hypocrisy? Go direct to the source to use this genuinely fantastic service.

Ok - now down to business:

1) let's take a look at this Evo 7 - recently up on carsales.com.au (http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Mitsubishi-Lancer-2001/AGC-AD-14170113/?Cr=13&sdmvc=1)

The car has become 'not available' - hopefully not sold! Fortunately I have a screenshot of the ad as it was on Saturday 10th August (click to view full size):

bk40lBHl.png

Note the VIN number - it ends in 3809. You can find the same car here on the dealer website - note that the complete VIN is not posted on this website but the last 4 digits are. Website says 62,160kms

O1O42ZG.jpg
dsgazoBs.jpg xxGE1AAs.jpg

2 - let's see if we can confirm a mode of operation - last 4 digits of the VIN are always accurately represented on the dealer website. Check the blue Stagline - very unique, last 4 digits of VIN = 1286, website says 107,084kms

NT4HvbD.jpg

VYFMSiHs.jpg3O0wblns.jpg whTdPwLs.jpg

3 - One more before the clincher - white E51 Elgrand - VIN ends in 9204, website says 80,513kms:

xBJh3XW.gif

eHnKy61s.jpg Ynvn4TRs.jpg l9OFNCCs.jpg

So we have established a clear mode of operation - now for the original vehicle and subject of this thread - VIN ends with: 7066, website says 84,702kms

giQvKxW.jpg

gIjNKsks.jpg 31ZrHQ0s.jpg tnRpj8rs.jpg

Someone seems pretty confident their de-reg certs will back them - how is this possible? At a guess I would refer to this post: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/430241-hyprocrisys-a-bitch-aint-it-the-truth-about-kilometers/?p=6973008

100% agree on the 184,000kms but we need to define "genuine".

PS. of course I have screenshots of the dealer website.

"HYPOCRISY" The mistake was rectified within minutes once we noticed, you only need to go to the showroom and see for your self!! And as to the "source" at least they don't need to hide behind forums, Facebook or Ebay to offer a service that the industry rejects!!

KayneX - Why would anyone want to do re-badged odometer checks via your link - a website tainted with hypocrisy? Go direct to the source to use this genuinely fantastic service.

Ok - now down to business:

1) let's take a look at this Evo 7 - recently up on carsales.com.au (http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Mitsubishi-Lancer-2001/AGC-AD-14170113/?Cr=13&sdmvc=1)

The car has become 'not available' - hopefully not sold! Fortunately I have a screenshot of the ad as it was on Saturday 10th August (click to view full size):

bk40lBHl.png

Note the VIN number - it ends in 3809. You can find the same car here on the dealer website - note that the complete VIN is not posted on this website but the last 4 digits are. Website says 62,160kms

O1O42ZG.jpg
dsgazoBs.jpg xxGE1AAs.jpg

2 - let's see if we can confirm a mode of operation - last 4 digits of the VIN are always accurately represented on the dealer website. Check the blue Stagline - very unique, last 4 digits of VIN = 1286, website says 107,084kms

NT4HvbD.jpg

VYFMSiHs.jpg3O0wblns.jpg whTdPwLs.jpg

3 - One more before the clincher - white E51 Elgrand - VIN ends in 9204, website says 80,513kms:

xBJh3XW.gif

eHnKy61s.jpg Ynvn4TRs.jpg l9OFNCCs.jpg

So we have established a clear mode of operation - now for the original vehicle and subject of this thread - VIN ends with: 7066, website says 84,702kms

giQvKxW.jpg

gIjNKsks.jpg 31ZrHQ0s.jpg tnRpj8rs.jpg

Someone seems pretty confident their de-reg certs will back them - how is this possible? At a guess I would refer to this post: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/430241-hyprocrisys-a-bitch-aint-it-the-truth-about-kilometers/?p=6973008

100% agree on the 184,000kms but we need to define "genuine".

PS. of course I have screenshots of the dealer website.

Whats the deal with the one listed listed here?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/432061-v36-sedan-sydney-dealerships/page-2

'This car is absolutely pristine and faultless.' The number of marks and auction grade tell a different story.

The reason people might want to use our service ((Bespoke Inc Odometer History Check )Formally Import Factory)) is quite simple. We have an address, phone number, email, staff (10 to be exact), have nothing to hide and are not scared of anyone.

Other companies like JOC seemed to hide behind ebay, facebook and forums without an actual face, a ghost if you like!

We have nothing against these companies and commend the work they have started! But there is no reason why another competitor can't offer the service! And there is no reason why we need to be put down like in above post!

The reason people might want to use our service ((Bespoke Inc Odometer History Check )Formally Import Factory)) is quite simple. We have an address, phone number, email, staff (10 to be exact), have nothing to hide and are not scared of anyone.

Other companies like JOC seemed to hide behind ebay, facebook and forums without an actual face, a ghost if you like!

We have nothing against these companies and commend the work they have started! But there is no reason why another competitor can't offer the service! And there is no reason why we need to be put down like in above post!

mate post reported. your not a trader. you dont get advertisement rights. dont like it take it up with the mod that will contact you.

mate post reported. your not a trader. you dont get advertisement rights. dont like it take it up with the mod that will contact you.

Isn't it funny when you were giving it to us in earlier posts our name / company information was all over the threads and allowed.

But now we defend ourselves and answer the questions raised you want to delete us!

For your information we are already signed up as a trader, just waiting on it to go through. (Look out for our banner ads in the meantime)

i am NOT slagging off your bloody company. you just seem to use every comment as a way of advertising. wait until you get a buisness thread and do it there.

this is a god damn car forum not a place for you to hock your goddamn buisness.