SAU Community

Xtreme Motorsport - Gun Metal Grey R32 Gtr - Claiming 85,000Km !

Nothing fishy with me. Google brought me here. Realized signing up may be beneficial for my business. :)

It might help your business even more if you became a legitimate advertiser instead of trying to plug your business covertly. :thumbsup:

Then the forum to which you have only contributed 6 posts, might also get something.

But that's just me huh?

• Like 1

I have checked auction sheets for all four Evo chassis #'s above and can confirm that the km's listed in brackets and where applicable on Xtreme's website are consistent with those recorded on the auction sheet. Unfortunately I could not find the auction sheet for the R32 GT-R chassis # above. I expect JOC will clear all 5 vehicles and you will all be able to see for yourself the de-reg/export papers. I am not going to post these auction sheets as I do not believe it is fair to Xtreme to have gradings debated in a public forum given there has been no mis-representation on these cars. When it comes to condition, the car is at the dealership for inspection - those interested can make their own assessment.

My suggestion on the learnings that should be taken from this thread:

1) When buying an imported car from a dealer - treat every car as "guilty until proven innocent"

2) If you have high expectations and want a low km's grade 4.5 / 5A car - be realistic, look at the auction prices: it ain't going to happen at a dealer - import it yourself

3) Don't fall under the illusion that you're going to be the special person to find a "reputable/genuine" dealer (and hence can check your brain at the door) in an industry that is riddled with this cancer - chances are slim to none you'll find one. Be a skeptic every step of the way

4) Do not assume that the law, a government department or official process is protecting you from this practice, or that it will protect you after the fact

5) Look at auction price statistics for the car you're interested in and use tools on import broker websites to calculate how much it would cost to bring it in yourself. If you can't see where the dealers profit margin is, assume there is a problem with the car. Offer the dealer a price that is below what it would have cost for you to import it - if they accept, there is definately a problem with the car

6) All dealers will tell you they don't engage in such activity and import genuine cars regardless. Whether they are aware if what they are selling is genuine is another matter

7) Ask for a de-reg/export certificate and learn how to read one (there are plenty of internet resources to help). If the dealer claims they don't have it (they do) or won't give it to you - walk away. If you're still not dissuaded and have $ to spare, use a service like JOC to get a copy BEFORE you put down a deposit. Remember, depending which document you get this may only alert you to a very large windback. If the car has done very few k's since the last recorded on the certificate - be wary

8) Get an independent mechanical inspection by someone that knows the model and preferrably has some experience in smash repairs

9) A good detailer can hide a multitude of sins (and km's). Although windbacks are easy to spot at some dealers, I assure you - trying to check km's by looking at seat bolsters, steering wheel wear etc... does not work - you will be surprised

I'm sure there are plenty on this forum wiser than me that could add to this list.

PS. One of the chassis # is for the orange evo which is indeed complied - wow looked track-only to me, don't know how this got through!?

Thanks Dodgy Imports.

I will send you a copy of the Skyline one if you want.

For all those that are interested I have also paid JOC this morning for the De-Reg's to come in.

Thanks once again to all the supporters that have been ringing us and contacting us in regards

to this.

Thanks

• Like 1

A bit too contrived perhaps?

Collusion?

Yep - it was all an elaborate conspiracy between me and JOC to get some free advertising on a motoring forum and some money out of Joe.

:rolleyes:

PS. the tooth fairly left the auction sheets under my pillow

Edited by dodgyimports

It might help your business even more if you became a legitimate advertiser instead of trying to plug your business covertly. :thumbsup:

Then the forum to which you have only contributed 6 posts, might also get something.

But that's just me huh?

^ This.

I have received payment from Joe and will process the checks. I appreciate the support from fellow forum members and this is a small but significant step in ensuring that we try to warn buyers before they purchase their "genuine,clean" imports.

Can you please stop pushing your business? You really have repeated yourself countless times...

"I have received payment from Joe and will process the checks" would have sufficed.

It's clear you're only here as a means of big noting your business and for monetary gain, so I take your whole freedom fighter act for the war on odometer windbacks with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

Sinista, Scotty - please explain how is that trolling? Imports are something I am very passionate about and the fact the market has been flooded with sh*t really annoys me. If you want to have a shot at me, I'd prefer a PM explaining your issue...rather than trying to publicly flame me.

When are you buying vehicles with dubious gradings from auction.....I wouldn't trust that the odometers are legitimate in the first place. It is quite easy for the owner to get the odometer wound back in Japan, without it being detected by a document check. If you think every Japanese person would never do such a thing then you are deluded. Low km's examples are worthhhh more at auction, and Japanese people know this.

I have seen "grade 4" vehicles which appear to have a lot more history than noted on the auction sheet, so most R grade vehicles really are a massiveeee gamble, given auction houses are inclined to be a bit generous with the grading in some instances.

It's not hard to tell the grade that gets brought in to most Sydney dealerships....so with that said, I really don't see the value in an odometer check given most of the time the true km's of the vehicle won't be detected. It is however good for detecting if a dealership has wound km's back. But I think the main problem is when dubiously graded vehicles are imported.

Benji - I don't disagree with your last post. In fact I feel the same on some points raised.

I'm annoyed when I see your posts within SAU that you attempt to incite others in a negative/emotive way (troll) or

the content is incorrect, immature or just plain pointless (adds no value to the discussion), not even humour !

Nuff said

Edit: Ps your not the only one. You just got my ire this morning.

99.9% of the time I just ignore numpty posts.

Edited by Sinista32

import dealerships don't seem to realise that if they actually brought over genuine, nice & tidy examples over, people who actually know what theyre looking for (quite a big market) would be happy to shop at a dealership

there is a lot of money to be made in being dodgy c*nts. they don't care whether or not they sell genuine cars. take for example ed lee's "testimonials" where he asks customers whether or not they're happy with their purchase etc etc.. those are just trophies of innocent people they've buried.

you guys should watch "Suckers" made by peacock films...

Sinista, Scotty - please explain how is that trolling? Imports are something I am very passionate about and the fact the market has been flooded with sh*t really annoys me. If you want to have a shot at me, I'd prefer a PM explaining your issue...rather than trying to publicly flame me.

When are you buying vehicles with dubious gradings from auction.....I wouldn't trust that the odometers are legitimate in the first place. It is quite easy for the owner to get the odometer wound back in Japan, without it being detected by a document check. If you think every Japanese person would never do such a thing then you are deluded. Low km's examples are worthhhh more at auction, and Japanese people know this.

I have seen "grade 4" vehicles which appear to have a lot more history than noted on the auction sheet, so most R grade vehicles really are a massiveeee gamble, given auction houses are inclined to be a bit generous with the grading in some instances.

It's not hard to tell the grade that gets brought in to most Sydney dealerships....so with that said, I really don't see the value in an odometer check given most of the time the true km's of the vehicle won't be detected. It is however good for detecting if a dealership has wound km's back. But I think the main problem is when dubiously graded vehicles are imported.

Could there be a clear indication of what the "R" Grade rating means? I have heard this could be for a simple bumper change from standard - such as the previous mentioned Stagea with conversion? If stuff like this is the case then I guess realistically there is nothing wrong with the car. But then it comes down to whether or not this can be proven I suppose ... And then is it still able to be registered?

I do agree that the stated odometer is just one thing that is judged. It doesn't take 100,000 kms to smash a car into a pole. However, yes it is something that holds merit over the overall car and should be monitored just as everything else.

'R' grade simply means structural repairs were carried out on the vehicle. As an example that stagea must have had a big hit in the front end and owner at that time decided to do a R34 conversion as he was having to buy most front end parts/panels anyway.

Edited by Genwuine