SAU Community

32 Gtr Rims Questions

R32Caz

Hey Peps

I just bought R32 GTR Rims for my 32 gtst, They fit well with 205/55/16 tires on them however its currently stock height. Just wondering if I lower what tire would be best to run, also how low should I go, keeping in mind it's a streeter and I don't want too much cop attention. Thanks =)

The ride height has (generally) very little impact on the tyre size required. After all, you are lowering the car by adjusting the suspension, not the height of the tyre.

There are threads, admittedly years old, that detail the optimum lowered ride height for the R32.

Bob - 205/55R16 is the standard tyre for a (R32) GT-R. 235 is too wide to be fitted to the standard rim - it will cause the speedo to read under (tyre will be "puffed" to a larger rolling diameter). If you start playing with profiles you need to adjust the rim diameter accordingly (lower profile, larger rim diameter). Since Caz already has the rims, it would be pointless to start playing with tyre profiles.

I wouldnt change the tyre size because you'll end up with your speedo a couple of km/h out

Just lower it properly and you should be right with the current tyres

And yeah I used to have 32 GTR rims on my 33 GTS-t and they were 225's I thought the 205's were 32 GTS-t rims? From what I can remember they have the same style rims just in different sizes

Absolutely the case that R32 GTSt standard tyre size is 205/55-16 and R32 GTR is 225/50-16 and that these have almost exactly the same sidewall height.

235/50 on GTR rims makes the sidwalls a little too tall. 235/45 on GTR rims makes them a little too short. For 235s you ideally need 17" rim to make the 45 profile work.

If you don't mind a little bulge and can find suitable tyres, 245/45 on GTR rims are a bit closer match.

R32 GT-R wheels are 8" so 205 is plenty skinny. Roll the guards for more width!

You can look at running more negative camber to make them fit. Note that depending on height, the rear can change to -2.5° (too much), so you'll have to look at getting adjustable upper arms.

Run 225/50/16 IMO

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...