SAU Community

Car Etiquette

TREGTR

Hahaha my missus yells at my mates when they do stupid stuff in my car she knows will annoy me. She knows I'm too polite to say anything haha

Me, exactly but I don't have a missus to tell them off ahaha..

People who eat in your car and say they won't spill anything.. They do.

When you try to merge onto the highway and no one lets you in

Braking extremely hard when they see a speed camera even though they were at the right speed limit

Just general observations of peoples behavior, with all sorts of cars including their own. Doesn't happen to my cars very often thankfully... But I expect it from non car people so I try to avoid having them anywhere near LOL

People who drive at night with their rear fog lights on when it's not even foggy.

Yep, probably 3/4 of all of those ugly blobby Hyundai Excel drivers did this back in the day. Thankfully it doesn't happen anywhere near as often now, at least from what I've witnessed.

Yep, probably 3/4 of all of those ugly blobby Hyundai Excel drivers did this back in the day. Thankfully it doesn't happen anywhere near as often now, at least from what I've witnessed.

Apparently it's illegal now and cops fine you for incorrect use of fog lights :S

Glad to see my taxpayer dollars are helping tackle the big issues...

Just thought of my actual biggest hate ever, but this won't be common to everyone.

I hate people who, when I'm giving them a lift open up their cigarette pack and get a smoke out without asking. My dad does every time I give him a lift. I don't smoke and I don't want my car to smell like a dodgy pub.

Don't just assume you can smoke in other people's cars guys

• Like 1

More hates of mine:

Treating the car as a trash dump. Shoes, towels, gym gear, socks, drink cans, maccas wrappers, pubes, boogers, sneeze, baby puke, spilt and dried up drinks, and the awesome smells that inevitably turn up after a few days in the sun

People driving without tshirts or singlets and the seats absorbing all the sweat, BO and human slime

People who don't bother to avoid large potholes or slow down for speed humps and just crash over whatever is in front of them, then complain about rattles

Touch parkers with tow bars that put huge dents or holes into the number plate or the front bar of the car behind

People who keep mashing the gas or the brake while driving at constant speed

• Like 1

People who get all road-ragey at you when THEY'RE the one in the wrong. Like the guy who felt the need to gesture out the window and swerve all over the road and point at the speed camera because I dared to come up behind him doing 80 in a 80 zone. He was doing 60. And no I didn't tailgate or anything.

Nothing makes me want to ram someone off the road, grab them by the throat, and explain to them why they're a f**kwit more. If I was the violent type. Which I'm not :P

yeah, only 80....

in a skyline.

farken hooooon :P

People who don't learn how to reverse park their over sized suv/4wd, take freakin ages doing it and still fail to park properly.

People who don't wave after you've given them space to change lanes, pull out of driveways, side streets, etc in traffic. Unappreciative twats.

People who always drive slowly into the Harbour tunnel then speed up. What's changed? it's still the same damn speed limit inside and out.

People doing under the speed limit in a T2 lane with no passengers in peak traffic, never get out of the lane.

Brake happy people tapping the pedal every 3 seconds. How about just taking your foot off the accelerator.

People sitting in your blindspot constantly when merging into a 1 lane, clearly knowing they have to back off so you can merge, but decide to at the last second within inches.

• 2 weeks later...