SAU Community

Ever Caught Someone Admiring Your Car?

After work i was heading out to the car park, to go home i found a workmate bludging outside who has been keen to see my new ride,

but our schedules always clash. Walk into the carpark i point out my Evo 5 20 meters or so at the back of the

carpark and he starts to freak out on me for a good 10 seconds, some people in the carpark start staring at us, his yelling

about how awesome the big spoiler is, we get closer to my car and i start pointing out the brembo's, recaro's trying to explain that it all comes stock with the car.

Luckily the guy calmed down, and i promised to give him a ride one day. His one of those people that get really loud when they are

excited i have a good laugh at it.

I catch people looking at it in traffic, its one of those cars you cant really ignore its got to many things going on.

Edited by starwarz

Saw a HWP swing his neck as I drove past him... It was the first time I wished someone didnt 'admire' my car.

Needless to say, I kept checking my rear view just incase he liked the car and wanted to check it out.. Haha

• Like 3

Though maybe not getting much attention as Skylines do, my black R8 sure does turn heads when i put my foot down.

Especially when going past chicks, hell even oldies as well, gotta love that unique 6.2L engine V8 rumble that Holdens can only produce :)

Though maybe not getting much attention as Skylines do, my black R8 sure does turn heads when i put my foot down.

Especially when going past chicks, hell even oldies as well, gotta love that unique 6.2L engine V8 rumble that Holdens can only produce :)

I notice this rumble as well and promptly turn my head the other way ;)

• Like 2

I've been very surprised in the different type of people that have been admiring/asking me about the 34.

Not long after I got it I parked in front of a shopping center in Windsor with a mate, locked the car up and started walking towards the shops.

I had a lady with her teenage son walking towards us, she stopped me and said "ahh you've left your car on", I held my car keys up and her son says "mum, it's got a turbo timer, it will turn off on its own, this is the type of car I want when I'm off my P's"

I spent the next 15mins talking to the son and his mum about the car.

Had an older guy, probably in his 60s stop me in the parking lot of the shops near my house asking about the car one afternoon, how it handles, power, why I chose the 34 over the 33 and 32. Completely lost track of time talking to this guy, he knew his cars that was for sure.

Since the LMGT4s have been on the car I get people hanging their heads out the windows of their cars checking mine out, or stares when I'm at a set of lights or driving through a parking lot

Gives me the warm fuzzy feeling when this happens, except when its HWP/Local cops checking me out, that gives me a paranoid feeling lol

Just had a funny moment in my local 7/11. Just popped in to grab some coke for my captain Morgan (mmm haha) and I'd just park and another young bloke pulled up behind me in an SS commodore. We both walked into the shop and ended up at different ends. In stumbles this absolute bogan piece of trash, talking like western Sydney's answer to Gordon Ramsay so I'll clean it up. He announces to the whole store 'oh wow, nice commodore, better than that jap piece of sh*t'. Before I even had a chance to look up from the fridge the young bloke goes 'you're kidding me aren't you?! That's the turbo version!!' And preceded to tell this bogan how wrong he was. With a smile on my face I had to then line up behind the bogan while he mumbled about 'jap sh*t' and walked out right behind him and started it.

I must admit my engine noise sounded a lot better than his thongs slapping the pavement. Hope he enjoys his walk, I certainly enjoyed my boost

• Like 3