SAU Community

Ever Caught Someone Admiring Your Car?

Had a guy next to me last week driving home from work in stop start traffic. He had a tidy 911, would have been 50-60. He wound his window down and said "That's a nice Datsun"

I wasn't quick enough to come back with "That's a nice Volkswagen" - it came to me about 10 seconds later

Hehe...

And now you're primed to say...

* to the Gallardo driver, "Nice Audi"

* to the XJR driver, "Nice Ford"

* to the Camaro owner, "Nice Holden"

...and report back :P

Thanks for the comment above Peter by the way :)

Hehe...

And now you're primed to say...

* to the Gallardo driver, "Nice Audi"

* to the XJR driver, "Nice Ford"

* to the Camaro owner, "Nice Holden"

...and report back :P

Thanks for the comment above Peter by the way :)

Your more than welcomed, it is a great shot :D

Well, got the R34 today , left the car yard and it was just about bumper to bumper until the free way, that was fun but it got better as I became more used of the quad clutch, not much room for mistakes but only had to hit the key once but a few bucks :teehee: .

For a while I thought, what a heap of crap, my 350GT is much more responsive and it is,as you do not have to be aggressive to get results in traffic.

BUT when I had a chance to get the revs up, what a car, the more I drove it the more I loved it :wub:

It was/is strange how high it revs before anything happens, the 350GT is responsive ALL of the time ,3.5 Lt. grunt then turbos kick in when the foot goes down.

If you have been down the Lakesway going into Forster you will know it is a good drive and not too much traffic and it gave me a chance to see what it was like on a bit of twisty stuff, just great and I could feel the difference between that and the 350GT grip on the road :woot:

You may have seen some of the digs at me for buying this car, my lack of research, clueless ect and for believing the false claims made about the 800HP this car will have after the tune, well I will be having a go at the car yard and taking them to consumers Affairs, I do not like being crapped on :rant:

BUT just love the car and back to the topic!stuck in traffic for a while and I had 4 blokes wind their windows down and talk to me,some drove past with the thumbs up and in a good way, so it was a good thing I had learnt a little from this site, thanks for the helpers and thanks to the stirrers as it all helps to get your head in the right place, not that dark place where they tell you to put your head :unsure:

Chillin with a Red or 3 :D

Damn!

Hadn't checked this thread in ages. Has grown a bit.

Main reason I made this thread was because my first car was a 1990 Holden Apollo, which I had for like 4 years. :yucky:

Was sooo sick of it, but stuck with it, and saved my pennies for my R34. (Given, it is still an NA, but hey, a GTT could easily be in the near future)

Now, you don't get as much as a glance in an Apollo, ha. However, when I got my Skyline, I notice a few turned heads.

How I see it, if you worked hard for it, saved your money and stuck to the grind, you can do as much ego stroking as you want, as long as you don't step on any toes.

And for those GTR owners... I shamelessly snap my neck if I see one. :closedeyes:

Damn!

Hadn't checked this thread in ages. Has grown a bit.

Main reason I made this thread was because my first car was a 1990 Holden Apollo, which I had for like 4 years. :yucky:

Was sooo sick of it, but stuck with it, and saved my pennies for my R34. (Given, it is still an NA, but hey, a GTT could easily be in the near future)

Now, you don't get as much as a glance in an Apollo, ha. However, when I got my Skyline, I notice a few turned heads.

How I see it, if you worked hard for it, saved your money and stuck to the grind, you can do as much ego stroking as you want, as long as you don't step on any toes.

And for those GTR owners... I shamelessly snap my neck if I see one. :closedeyes:

This is true. I am also a necksnapper for any GTR. However the only people that look at non turbo skylines are those that dont really know about cars. They are as average as any other car unless done up. And i wouldn't recommend doing up a non turbo skyline.

This is true. I am also a necksnapper for any GTR. However the only people that look at non turbo skylines are those that dont really know about cars. They are as average as any other car unless done up. And i wouldn't recommend doing up a non turbo skyline.

Yeah you are pretty much correct.

I wouldn't funnel money into my NA. I'd rather save for a GTT, when the right one presents itself.

Only things I've done to mine is a headunit and some aftermarket rims, and I'm pretty content at the moment. - Can easily rip those off and put on a GTT.

I notice you're from Sydney. Would you say that R34's are common in your area? Just out of curiosity.

As I live in a small town, in the middle of nowhere, the chances of me seeing another R34 is crazy. (I've only seen 2 other R34's in my entire life in my area)

Yeah you are pretty much correct.

I wouldn't funnel money into my NA. I'd rather save for a GTT, when the right one presents itself.

Only things I've done to mine is a headunit and some aftermarket rims, and I'm pretty content at the moment. - Can easily rip those off and put on a GTT.

I notice you're from Sydney. Would you say that R34's are common in your area? Just out of curiosity.

As I live in a small town, in the middle of nowhere, the chances of me seeing another R34 is crazy. (I've only seen 2 other R34's in my entire life in my area)

No, around where I am from (The Shire - south sydney) r34's and skylines in general aren't common. There used to be a time about 5-7 years ago that every man and his dog had an r33 gtst with chrome vaults and neons and seeing them became truly sickening. Luckily this has died down and they aren't nearly as common anymore.

Still you are more likely to see an r33 in Sydney then an r34. You are more likely to see 350GT's in Sydney than R34's.

This American tourist (I think from Arizona) lost his head when he saw my Skyline - he was so excited he came over and had a chat saying how awesome it was. Took a few pics with himself and his buddy around the car.

I've noticed there are only half the amount of skylines I used to see around. Also Carsales used to have around 220-240 R33's in 2008 (when I was buying) to check out and now its down to 150-170

Doesn't seem to matter what skyline it is I get a lot of likes in my GTS-4 as much as I do in the GTR. The GTS-4 is badly rusted and dinged on all panels (daily) and the GTR is a mint 420kWaw machine with no dings...

Haha, threads a good read.
Driving a matte metallic purple 34 certainly doesn't lack attention, which was the idea anyway when wrapping the car given it is a demo vehicle for our shop.
But i think the thing that i catch most people, young and old looking at is one of the following:
1011234_581416948575544_1176522385_n.jpg
1095094_581416991908873_323184497_n.jpg

Was at a set of lights in the right lane with the windows down, old guy pulls up next to me and has a look at the text over the front passenger wheel arch.
Proceeds to drop his window and ask, "well what is it then? Blood?".
As you can imagine i had no idea what he was talking about for the first few seconds til i realized what he'd read (i forget the text is there)
Then proceeded to have to explain what a wrap is... for the millionth time.

Also once had a kid whom i assume was one of the asian neighbours grandchildren come running out of their house with an ipad as i pulled into my driveway one day, lifts it up, snaps a photo, runs back into the house.

But if my 34 doesn't get enough attention we can always jump into my womans jazz....

This is why it gets so much attention:

538080_396125083771399_1863397987_n.jpg

Have lost count of the amount of people taking photos, young and old, whether driving or stationary, kids calling their parents to look, etc...
One of the funniest would have to have been driving home one night with the woman, we notice a car load of you girls (p plater) along side us, one passenger lifts an ipad up, positioning it so her head was hidden behind the giant thing, clearly taking a photo of it whilst looking crazy embarassed.

That and i was driving it with my lady in the passenger seat heading into the city for dinner, pull up at some lights, windows down, and a magna or something of the sort pulls up next to us checking out the car when we can hear one of the guys pronounce, "oh it's a dude" presumably talking about me, being the driver...
I love the look of disappointment on the guys faces when they pull up expecting to see a female driving the car and it's just me, HA!

Edited by RusH_
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was parked in the gym car park, i had just finished and was walking out back to my car.

Its an s14, mattish black, red rear bumper, pretty low, flush/poke, bucket seats. There was an old couple im talking 65+ probably 70ish that were walking back to their car.

They had stopped on there way and where standing a few meters away obviously talking about it for a good half minute before they carried on their way.

It made me chuckle but im not sure what was said, whether is was negative or positive but all the same it was funny. I guess they where woundering how it drives like that or something similar.

I was on my way to pick up a random orbital polisher last weekend in the Evo.

Pulled up at the ATM at my local shops to get the cash out for it when an old fella walked up to me and said " wow I love your E- V -O mate" LOL :D

On the way to Bella vista on Windsor rd 2 middle eastern looking guys ←(note political correctness) in a pink yaris were eye balling me big time (was thinking here we go to myself) so I wound down the window and looked over at them.. They both gave me the thumbs up and said sick car bro HAHAHA!

Scored a new nickname for my car.... The E V O :D