SAU Community

Stickers On Rear Windshield

I'm not big on decals at all, and my tuner has just jammed massive decals of his business on my GTR.

What's the general consensus about this?

Should I give him some advertising time or rip them up like a fat chicks phone number?

Yea it's a bit rude I would say, I have My tuner across the top of my rear window but I asked for it..

I was thing about getting "destroying V8's since 1989" in the lower left corner of my rear window just to stir some shit heh heh heh

• Like 1

I'm not big on decals at all, and my tuner has just jammed massive decals of his business on my GTR.

What's the general consensus about this?

Should I give him some advertising time or rip them up like a fat chicks phone number?

... You can't be serious.

I'm generally happy to offer "advertising space" to clubs like SAU (as above) because it enhances the enthusiast community and can even help build friendships when you come across someone else you otherwise didn't know was a member.

I'll allow stickers from tuners etc if they've offered me a discount or I'm particularly happy with their work. Other than that I can't stand them. There's a large chain of tyre stores (Tony's) in NZ that put a sticker on every car that comes through them but I pull them off straight away because I can't stand that I've had to haggle them down on price to start with rather than them just giving me their best price up front. Also, their wheel alignment skills at the local outlet suck balls.

But if you're after a maximum aggravation sticker, go with something like "IF ITS TO LOUD YOUR TO OLD", complete with spelling errors. Guaranteed to annoy 94% of people with an education.

Edited by Hertz Donut

I bought a car from a dealership years ago and as soon as the paperwork was done I walked out to the car and peeled off the decal on the rear window advertising his yard. He looked like he'd just stepped in dog shoot but never said a word as i jumped in and drove away.

But if you're after a maximum aggravation sticker, go with something like "IF ITS TO LOUD YOUR TO OLD", complete with spelling errors. Guaranteed to annoy 94% of people with an education.

you know.......

this is actually pretty awesome.

• Like 1

Stickers on cars are stupid. having said that, I once had one on my ceffy with those stick figure family members being hung and it said "F**k your family". And more mechanics seems to help themselved to advertising on people's cars. They did it to my on my 33 once although it wasnt a massiv sticker, just a little one.