SAU Community

An interesting SAU observation....

QuickR33Melb

After being a member now for quite some time I find it interesting that the SAU has no street stories area and is against any subject that touches on the ‘power on the streets’ topic. I know more than anyone the dangers of street racing with two of my best friends in hospital after racing on the streets (yes I know they are dick heads and no I wasn’t in the car) however I find it amusing that many of us talk about having 200-300rwkw+ power figures and I would be surprised if any of us haven’t ever put a group of morons that roll up next to us to shame in a VT clubby or the like.

I’m not interested in people posting stuff like “I hit 200km/h then the highway patrol GTS came out and couldn’t keep up” kind of thing, just the amusing little things that happen on those daily drives that would bring a smile to those that read the thread.

In NO WAY am I condoning illegal street racing or drags but rather wondering why any topic at all about putting the boost gauge over ‘0’ on the streets is so strongly ridiculed by us, the owners of some of the most powerful street cars in Australia.

My 2 cents anyway. What are yours…

IT's because we don't want to encourage silly behaviour. I might make a judgement of a particular situation and decide how far I'm willing to go but someone else might take my tale of the event as condoning some other behavior not envisaged by me.

Basically we avoid "kill stories", and try to keep tabs on posts about breaking the law, because that's how we wanna run the forums, a clean, hassle free environment.

This results in:

a) making this forum pretty boring for the likes that frequent Fast Fours forums etc.

B) makes discussions safe, so we don't have cops goin thru our forums to find out when our next cruise is, so they can set up EPA stations and RBT units.

c) We don't need kill stories and brags because we know our cars are the goods and we just don't have to compare em to anyone else.

If you really need to impress someone with stories, your car goes just as fast on the race track (if not faster) than on the street, and its a WHOLE lot safer.

On here street dragging is like your sexlife, everyone knows you do it, but no one needs to know how or when you do it or with who, it dosen't make you any less of a person if we didn't know either. What you do is your private info, and dosen't need to be made public.

There's amusing things that happen every day, and we have a wasteland to discuss all that, but not all amusing things are recieved as well. If I got a kick out of killin someone, and came on here and described how much fun I had killin someone, not everyone's gonna see the humour in it. Likewise with any other activity that breaks the law, some people don't like it, and rather than make a few people happy and upset a lot, we have a majority rule. Its democracy.

My sex life is like my racing... The other guy always comes first

the other.... GUY always comes first?

hmmmmm

could be taken in a couple of ways...

your gf/s are sexin around on u and u last longer than them... (the better one for u)

or the MORE obvious one...

your having man sex and they are blowin before u do (still good... but not quite :))

as was i...

please refer to my index finger which is perfectly straight at 12 oclock where as all other fingers and such are curled downwards in a fist like manor.

:)

Very Wisely spoken words Shan, your 100% correct and my observation was based purely on having alook at a few other forums and noticing this aspect as the main difference between SAU and the majority is all.

"On here street dragging is like your sexlife, everyone knows you do it, but no one needs to know how or when you do it or with who"

Maybe we can exchange stories along these lines as a substitute. But again the guys at Vic Roads and the EPA would probably jump on the forum more and more!! To make up for their lack of experience in this area

"Me and my m8s were at the lights last nite, n their (sic) was dis nee-san skyline. He thought he had his blowoff-valve and he was wrong. When the lights go green, my wheels spun and he lunched first (sic) but I caught up with him 'coz I had a big turbo and an electronic blowoff-valve mate. No one messez with me and my fully schik falcodore..."

:)

where is the leb-jet-bt1 when you need him to post of street racing?

but yer, as Shan said, just keep it clean, and we are left alone...

somewhat debateable considering i've been pulled over 4 times in a matter of 8 days !

but there wont be any 'substitution' stories as such :D