SAU Community

Saunsw Sydney Motorsport Park South Trackday

crashdown

Make sure you email the following info, if you haven't already. It helps us to organise the groupings on the day.

ENTRY FORM: Electronic entry details sent to [email protected]
'Italics are for reference only'
Full Legal Name: (as entered on bank deposit)
Forum Alias:
Car Make:
Car Model:
Experience: (New to Track Days) (1 or 2 non-timed events) (multiple events with timing)
Times: (List track & official time, e.g. Wakefield 1:13 SMSP 1:08 etc)

Ok I have been getting asked a lot of Questions about what is needed for the Trackday, So I have pasted this from Nick (levinboy), who will be our scrutineer for the day.

Hey guys I know a lot of you are not new to track days and will know what I'm talking about but for the newbies I will be outlining what will be expected when you come see myself and others in the scrutineering shed

First things first empty your car of all loose objects, don't want to have things rolling around in the car
This will include the drivers floor mat for worst case scenario of it catching on the pedals.

While we are inside we will check your seat belts for condition, standard belts are fine no need to splash out for a harness but each to their own

Fire extinguisher is next which will need to be securely mounted WITHIN REACH of the driver, which means if you cant reach it while seated it needs to be moved.
Also make sure your fire extinguisher is within the green band on the gauge for obvious reasons
There are guides floating around the forum of where and how to mount in skylines

Next up is checking for any leaks present on your vehicle
This is pretty self explanatory, make sure there is no oil, water, power steering etc leaks present otherwise no tracks for you
At the same time we will be checking other components within the engine bay to make sure everything is in a roadworthy condition and doesn't present a hazard

Battery will be checked next for security so it won't move under super late braking and super crazy g forces
Factory restraint is fine for this

That basically covers the car now we move onto YOU!!

We check that you are wearing clothes that cover you from ankle to wrist so long pants long sleeve shirt closed shoes (sorry mateetee no hot pants and heels)

At scrutineering we will be checking your helmet is Australian certified should have a silver and sticker AS1698 eg
59822938-4E24-41D4-A6DF-8D7811B029CD.jpg

And make sure it is in good condition no cracks etc

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll try help you out

See you all on the day in the scrutineering shed!!!

Not sure when it came in but if you go to the drag strip it has to be AS/NZS, last two time I went they told me I had to get the new one before coming back :(

Then I got booted for being to fast anyway lol

So I bought a new helmet for nothing, spewing, oh well at least I can use it when I get my reregistered :/

Hi , Yes there are spots still left, but not many!

EVENTBRITE: You can pay by credit card HERE

ENTRY FORM: Electronic entry details sent to [email protected]

'Italics are for reference only'

Full Legal Name: (as entered on bank deposit)

Forum Alias:

Car Make:

Car Model:

Experience: (New to Track Days) (1 or 2 non-timed events) (multiple events with timing)

Times: (List track & official time, e.g. Wakefield 1:13 SMSP 1:08 etc)