SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

hmm just gave them a call, not sure the lady knew what she was looking.

my car is through NRMA atm and is insured for market value. she was having trouble accepting the fact i want to insure my car for 50-60k

when she asked me 100000 questions and then went to find the answer to see if i can insure it for the above price - she came back and said that there is no way it would ever been that high

and that the most they will be able to do it for is 20k

she also stated that market value for a 34GTR is only $13,000.

i think she is looing up the 34 gt-t but she didnt really know what i was talking about, i could tell she didnt know alot about it as i could hear someone in the background telling her what to say.

anyway has anybody had this problem when they rung up?

hmm just gave them a call, not sure the lady knew what she was looking.

my car is through NRMA atm and is insured for market value. she was having trouble accepting the fact i want to insure my car for 50-60k

when she asked me 100000 questions and then went to find the answer to see if i can insure it for the above price - she came back and said that there is no way it would ever been that high

and that the most they will be able to do it for is 20k

she also stated that market value for a 34GTR is only $13,000.

i think she is looing up the 34 gt-t but she didnt really know what i was talking about, i could tell she didnt know alot about it as i could hear someone in the background telling her what to say.

anyway has anybody had this problem when they rung up?

Call back and talk to someone else.

Lol- 13k for a 34R

They're not as polished as Shannons that's for sure.

The agents don't even have email so you can't send them modifications etc directly. Also they don't list the mods on the paperwork they send. I got their "admin lady" to email me with a statement saying that all my modifications as per my email to them are listed and covered. Then only did I cancel my insurance with Shannons.

• Like 1

well she is going to talk to her CLASSIC CARS Supervisor tomorrow when he gets in and she will clarify the information

when she asked my why i value the car so high, she asked me to rattle off some of the modifications. so when i started off with things like $3500 rays rims and $1800 nismo intercooler she was a bit stunned

and then she was like well they are nice to have things not actually modifications.... as in you have just bought new parts.... haha

Call back and talk to someone else.

Lol- 13k for a 34R

They're not as polished as Shannons that's for sure.

The agents don't even have email so you can't send them modifications etc directly. Also they don't list the mods on the paperwork they send. I got their "admin lady" to email me with a statement saying that all my modifications as per my email to them are listed and covered. Then only did I cancel my insurance with Shannons.

Dave Snape is the Manager

• 2 weeks later...

My understanding is that their main criteria for insuring is if you drive < 9000km p/year.
You may have to inform/persuade them as to how you will manage that little km/year without a DD.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

They just said will you drive it under that. Didn't ask for an ODO reading or anything so goodluck to them proving that you have driven more than that.

In saying that i drive <5000 a year anyway.

• Like 1

That's good to hear anf, seems like a fairy straightforward process

I'm sure they will probably audit a couple of policies and look at RTA records to make sure people have driven less than 9k a year though.

but i cant say that for sure ...

• Like 1

Come 2015, it'll be interesting as to whether or not NRMA VVC will 'adjust' premiums noticeably or not - something that our learned friend eevil_weevil may have alluded to (besides how they treat claims).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, I used LSV for a year and upon renewal, they expect your loyalty presuming you have a double digit IQ.

No wonder some people have learned to alternate every other year between two companies.

• 4 weeks later...

I almost had to make a claim.

One of my motorcycle stands feel from the rafters in my garage and hit the drivers side door, left 3 deep scratches and one dint.

Anyway lucky a friend has a smash repair business. And is only charging $300 to repair it. Same cost as excess. Lucky no claim means no higher premium for me next year.

I would be interested to hear from anyone making a claim with normal vintage.

I went with NRMA this year, thanks Terry :)

Car has to be at least 15 years old. Mine a 1999 R34GTR , only 20,000klm on the clock, good condition. They know I have another car as it is on their roadside repair policy, so I do have a DD to use.Under 9000klm PA, I got a $65,000 agreed value.

I Think it is impossible to get what our cars owe us in $$$$$$$$s spent but that is what it is. BUT a better agreed value than anyone else and a better price.

I found them very helpful and easy to deal with

I think you would struggle claiming if you have a track or hill climb accident . I also wonder if you did not have a 2nd car to use as a DD if they could cancel the policy.

You would have to be careful that you are within their policy conditions or it may not end up being a cheaper option ?

• Like 1