SAU Community

275 Radial R33 Drag Build

2rismo

• 4 weeks later...

Head back from CNC. They roughed most of the hard stuff out. Now getting measured, hand-finished, all the usual stuff. Valves, seats and whatnot are all there too now and the cams should have arrived in the shop today. Tyres arrived at my place too.

TwgWh5M.jpgppgx11l.jpgD0bPuW7.jpg0IslIHy.jpgBMpJP3a.jpg

• Like 1

Cleaned out some of the engine bay today. Took hours. Barely scratched the surface and then one of the bloody wiper arm bolts has corroded itself in. Bugger. Still sooo much crap to remove.

Before:

juMO4qq.jpg

After:

A8teoPC.jpg

It's not a proper build thread until there's a foot in a photo :)

Those ports look huge, can't wait to see some results.

They're a tiny bit bigger now and the exhaust is matched to the manifold. Plenty of meat in the 6boost runner/flange to make it perfect. I pick up the new Plazmaman billet runner intake next week. Will be interested to see how much, if any, work that needs.

• Like 1

Ordinary engine builder: "Hey mate, your cams arrived."
My engine builder:
Chauayn.jpg

Caps, girdle etc all arrived. Deck given a light machine before going out for line boring at Jack Bros.

GS9ge6u.jpg
DYwB1rY.jpg

I've done the street car thing, now I'm doing the race car thing. No water in the block (or between the head and the block, but that comes later), methanol, comp', big boost, 7s.

Buh-five-tah is a legendary car. :D

Edited by 2rismo
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Progress on engine assembly. Got the block back from Jack Bros after a line bore and hone and being tapped for 12mm head studs as well as being fitted for the steel caps.

5hprh3o.jpg

Osama bin Grindin'.

oPZeYMp.jpg

Needs a couple of thou off everywhere and a few off the thrust. Was too tight everywhere but very consistent (maximum .001 either way of the middle.)

TSqanSH.jpg

5rNdoKv.jpg

Turbosmart FPR-3000 showed up too. Will be running Siemens 2400s x 12 by the looks of things. There goes $2k.

tpXeGiW.jpg