SAU Community

The [fr34k] Is Back

• 1 month later...

LSD is in, certainly improves the way the car accelerates and turns. I have never driven with a 1.5 way, and it's interesting to feel a difference in the way the car behaves under acceleration and deceleration. Car had only a small leak fixed on the service, apart from that everything was perfect.

Unfortunately this is going to be the last update for a while. I need to start saving so I can put my workshop on my property, so I can start building a track missile.

Peace!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It's official, car is a write off. Will be getting more information from insurance about buying the wreck back. I guess this will be my track missile once my workshop is built.

The most disappointing parts are that I have spent the last few years loving this car more than any other of my possessions, sinking lots of money into it, admiring and enjoying every moment driving it.. And in a split second moment of stupidity/carelessness/impatience and a little bad luck, it is all thrown away and I feel like I am back to square one. Pretty upset fellas to say the least.

• Sad 1

That sucks man. Ive been in a similar situation but was uninsured as it was on track. I ended up parting it out, kept the good bits and started again with another car. Its been 2 years and ive cleared 95% of the parts, i made more money out of it than what insurance would have given me for it.

If i was you, id definitely buy the wreck back, buy another cleanish 34 and turn it into the new freak34, sell left over parts. Financially it should work out pretty good, just a lot of mucking around and got to do all the hard work again. In the end it'll be worth it though.

Good luck with it all and whatever you decide to do.

Cheers Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sort of an update.. You are now looking at my new track missile.

Got the car back today. Front end is completely buggered (as we all knew) but the engine is pretty much untouched. Starts and runs just fine. Throw a radiator and intercooler in it and it'd be sweet to thrash.

Thread is now about making this chassis into a track beast. I will buy another r34 and make that into my weekender/cruiser, like this one was.

Stay tuned for updates and a new thread.

MVIMG_20180206_160833.jpg

MVIMG_20180206_160846.jpg

Edited by sleptema
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

SOOO change of plans again, I have decided to part out and sell the wreck. There are a number of reasons for this.
1) I have bought a GTR and require funds to make it into a monster.
2) I have just built a big shed and require funds to finish it off.
3) Even if I did have the money to fix up the skyline, at the moment, I don't really have the time to fix & race it.
4) Turns out a REVS check of the car doesn't show up any accident or write off history, and the car is still registered. I also have a buyer for the shell who has checked it out with a panel beater and wants to do a GTR conversion.

So I have already started stripping down the car and selling bits.

It has been an extremely unpleasant experience dismantling the car that, for so many years, meant the absolute world to me. I've found myself just sitting in the car remembering all the good times I had. All the ear to ear grins I had when I gated it through tunnels, all the times I've gotten thumbs up or neck snaps when I drive past other enthusiasts. Don't get me wrong, I love my GTR, and I hope one day I feel the same about it.. But this car will always have a special place in my heart. Funny how we can get so attached to inanimate objects like cars, right?

But, I hope the new owner will find as much joy in this beast as I did, and I have asked him that when it is done, to take me for a spin. I would love nothing more than for her to be restored to her former glory, and taken care of with the same amount of love that I showed.

IMG_20181001_081550.thumb.jpg.cc549ef73befb9bb73b973431d32fff3.jpg

Edited by sleptema